mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
Reasoning? I'm curious about what people think about this. To me, I could give two ****s about what the rules say. What's more important to me is the game itself. If it doesn't change/wreck the game then I say allow it. A gun with an autotrigger, and high capacity loader would put out waaaaaay more paint then this.

Furthermore, if anyone is going to say "Oh well it's a semi! It can't be allowed in a pump tourney!" Well put it this way...what determines what a trigger is? A trigger is something that activates the gun. So on an autotrigger pump, the pump handle itself becomes a trigger and the gun (essentially) becomes semi auto, meaning that if you hold the trigger (the traditional sense of the word 'trigger') the gun becomes semi auto in that you are now using the pump handle itself as a trigger. Forgive me if I am being unclear, but anyways, what are you going to do? Ban autotriggers?
yes way more paint. but can you pump off two rounds faster than i can pull the trigger twice? no. you cannot dont even fantasize that you can. semi is not pump. this destroys the idea of a PUMP tournament. i dont care if its recball but if im paying GOD KNOWS how much to play a PUMP tournament, i damn well expect rules and standards to be upheld. at this point bust out the pump mags boys lets lay the paint.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Nerd

Surprised they're allowing the pistols, but good luck. Looking forward to the video.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
My "brother"

CCM Fan
err an auto trigger sniper( all those CCM's that will be there) is much more effective than a twelve gram pistol.

At least thats my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
I am a fag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
thats what happens when i leave mcb up at work.....
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

you can push a fast OC autotrigger to 10bps. there is no way a T8 is a higher rate of fire than that, even in two trigger pulls.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
this destroys the idea of a PUMP tournament. i dont care if its recball but if im paying GOD KNOWS how much to play a PUMP tournament, i damn well expect rules and standards to be upheld.
$1000 per team.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
the 12 isnt gonna play into it too much considering EVERY mag has another one.
so air source not in the arguement.
8 balls straight then a reload. in the time is takes an AT to get 3? thats rediculious. its an unfair advantage. and it opens the door to all sorts of nonsense.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
$1000 per team.

Jay
for 7 man?
and on the note of two shots. it only takes one to get the elim. the smaller gun gives the advantage of the size and lightness without compromising firepower.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
for 7 man?
and on the note of two shots. it only takes one to get the elim. the smaller gun gives the advantage of the size and lightness without compromising firepower.
No, the pump division. If you registered for the season in advance, price was $800 a team. If I remember my teammates conversations correctly. I don't play the NPPL events, so I'm not 100%. I know the price went up since last year.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
NBA/NFL/NHL aficionado

Location: Either Arizona State University or Laguna Beach, CA

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
yes way more paint. but can you pump off two rounds faster than i can pull the trigger twice? no. you cannot dont even fantasize that you can. semi is not pump. this destroys the idea of a PUMP tournament. i dont care if its recball but if im paying GOD KNOWS how much to play a PUMP tournament, i damn well expect rules and standards to be upheld. at this point bust out the pump mags boys lets lay the paint.
Don't mean to come off as disrespectful...but have you seen some of the new 'pumps' coming onto the market? Like CCI's new thing with the 1" pump pull? I bet I can get off a couple of balls pretty quick with something like that. Or how about metadynes? Or pretty much any ccm marker? If I can't put two balls out as fast as a t8 it would be by fractions of a second, and that would in no way change the game. If we each squeezed off two balls, and his second was a fraction of a second faster then mine, and our second balls each hit, it wouldn't matter. We would both be called out. Even if his second ball leaves the barrel before mine, I would still be able to pump out a second ball of my own before his ball hits me. In the end, it doesn't change the game at all.

In any event, I can guarantee you that I could get off two balls plenty quick with a smooth AT pump, or any that I mentioned above. Have you ever played with a pistol? Or a ccm marker? Again, I really don't mean to come off as a dick but I feel like if you had ever used either you wouldn't be so vehemently against this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Chug some V8, then chug a little Tabasco and take a shot of vodka and you've got a ceaser. Take anything after a PBR, and all you've got is some nasty-*** PBR and whatever else you drank.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to berzerker grizz

CCM Fan
I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand I say Go for it, paintball is fun and it would be interesting to watch these games.

On the other hand, I say for a national event for pump markers. This is still a semi-automatic marker no matter how much you tilt your head and squint at it.

I have watched your video's and seen that you sir indeed have mad skills. But if you want to run a pistol and still turn heads and show off said mad skills. Grab a PGP and have no one even be able to question you on running a pistol.

I say either way good luck, and enjoy yourself.

P.S. GO THROWBACK!!

[IMG]http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Sting Like a Bumblebee&b=Wear an Aloha shirt and sucessfully sneak up on camo wearing milsim players&c=u&e=132&f=1[/IMG]
[QUOTE]I looked like a rabid squirrel riding a greased goat but I was grinnin' ear to ear.
George the Painter[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/22219-berzerker-grizzs-feedback.html#post208120"]MYFEEDBACK[/URL]
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone