mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker grizz View Post
I have watched your video's and seen that you sir indeed have mad skills. But if you want to run a pistol and still turn heads and show off said mad skills. Grab a PGP and have no one even be able to question you on running a pistol.

P.S. GO THROWBACK!!
i agree with all the above sentiments. especially the bolded.

look there are plenty of pump pistols out there that you have the option, with the t8 there is NO pump stroke. at all.
the 1" throw of the new cci marker meets the .68 requirement. my sniper has a 1" throw. a trigger pull is 3/8 of an inch if you have a very LONG pull.
there is no comparison.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
He could make a pump T8 ala pumpmag.

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
Reasoning? I'm curious about what people think about this. To me, I could give two ****s about what the rules say. What's more important to me is the game itself. If it doesn't change/wreck the game then I say allow it. A gun with an autotrigger, and high capacity loader would put out waaaaaay more paint then this.

Furthermore, if anyone is going to say "Oh well it's a semi! It can't be allowed in a pump tourney!" Well put it this way...what determines what a trigger is? A trigger is something that activates the gun. So on an autotrigger pump, the pump handle itself becomes a trigger and the gun (essentially) becomes semi auto, meaning that if you hold the trigger (the traditional sense of the word 'trigger') the gun becomes semi auto in that you are now using the pump handle itself as a trigger. Forgive me if I am being unclear, but anyways, what are you going to do? Ban autotriggers?
The reasoning is that it's the rules. If I can't use an mQ pump, NO WAY IN HELL does a semi, no matter how many balls it carries onboard, get allowed.

BTW the semantic distinction between semi and pump is very clear on one level -- a pump requires two separate and selectable actions to fire a ball, whereas a semi requires one.

Last edited by drg; 05-18-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
WALZ Jr.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
It is a little awkward but I think it's great they'll let Tony play with them (I couldn't imagine him with anything else) A t2 or falcon could whoop a t8 in BPS standpoints. I also agree that on an autotrigger is essentially becomes a semi with the pump being the trigger so the t8 definitly should be legal. Hell, Even an electro capped at 2bps should be legal. The idea behind pump is to limit firepower and a t8 is definitely under those limits.

Good skill brother!!!! Luck is for the weak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
I told him NOT to fart with an upset stomache. never trust a fart!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
The reasoning is that it's the rules. If I can't use an mQ pump, NO WAY IN HELL does a semi, no matter how many balls it carries onboard, get allowed.
im with you 100% since when does MQ not get the nod but a semi automatic does?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
NBA/NFL/NHL aficionado

Location: Either Arizona State University or Laguna Beach, CA

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Yeah I think you're right. The more I think about it, the less I'm in agreement about it.

Whoever said "No matter how you tilt your head, you're still going to squint" (or something of that sort) is completely right. Idk, I mean a t2 can unleash a lot of paint, and incredibly fast (for a pump marker), but it still is a pump action marker. Even with the AT moving the trigger to the front, it is still a pump marker, just less of a..."pure" (don't want to use this word but I can't think of any others)...one. Anyways, Droop as I figure it you are right in this. As much as I think it isn't a game changer, it still is a pump tourney, not a limited paint/rof tourney. Sorry midnight...I just can't justify this as being right
Quote:
BTW the semantic distinction between semi and pump is very clear on one level -- a pump requires two separate and selectable actions to fire a ball, whereas a semi requires one.
Ehh that's subject to debate. I'm assuming you're talking about actions on the user's end and not internally. The AT makes it so a 'pump' marker only takes one action. So long as you maintain a tight grip that so happens to keep the trigger held down, the thing only takes one action to fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Chug some V8, then chug a little Tabasco and take a shot of vodka and you've got a ceaser. Take anything after a PBR, and all you've got is some nasty-*** PBR and whatever else you drank.

Last edited by Cheers!; 05-18-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
im with you 100% since when does MQ not get the nod but a semi automatic does?
Even if they did take into account performance comparisons between different pumps, no way does a semi of any type get allowed.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Even if they did take into account performance comparisons between different pumps, no way does a semi of any type get allowed.
this is what must have been meant by the world ending on saturday! gotcha!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

A pump is a marker that requires the player to physically move the bolt to open the breech (yeah, I know a pump mag is open bolt, but the same amount of motion is required). Even an autotriggered marker requires .68 inches of physical motion to achieve this.

To me BPS isn't the issue, it is the true semi auto nature of the pistol.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
NBA/NFL/NHL aficionado

Location: Either Arizona State University or Laguna Beach, CA

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
A pump is a marker that requires the player to physically move the bolt to open the breech (yeah, I know a pump mag is open bolt, but the same amount of motion is required). Even an autotriggered marker requires .68 inches of physical motion to achieve this.

To me BPS isn't the issue, it is the true semi auto nature of the pistol.
Bah yeah you're totally right. There's no way this should be allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Chug some V8, then chug a little Tabasco and take a shot of vodka and you've got a ceaser. Take anything after a PBR, and all you've got is some nasty-*** PBR and whatever else you drank.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone