mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

NPPL Chicago/Living Legends

I was at Chicago for the NPPL event playing 7-man, but our team did not make it to sunday due to some reffing calls.

However, I did get to participate in the final battle, which was a blast. It was ridiculous. It was nice to go out there and just mess around. I do think some of you scenario guys need to chill and just have fun. You guys take that just as serious as we do tournament ball. Not the point of this though, I just wanted to say it was a blast going out there and getting on that mound and just battling for that center push button. I was on the "armageddon" side by the way. I apologize if I overshot anyone laying down on the mound on the town's left side. I kept popping up and shooting and not seeing anyone get up after I shot them. Again, it was a blast, and wish I could have participated in more of it.
goody2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

It sure was fun! I've never had more fun playing paintball than I did at Living Legends. I'm in the hotel now, wish I could play some more. My feet are covered in blisters and my shoulders are bruised from carrying my vest for two days, but it was so worth it.

The trade show was pretty cool, the CCM booth was off the chain, the game was beastly. Overall it was a great event. I can't wait to get back up next year.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
That mound is something else - I'm surprised guys weren't being pulled off the field in ambulances.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Between Bedlam and Armageddon? Dude my arm looks like a strawberry after that.

The highlight of my time there was when we had about 100-150 people on the hill waiting to nuke Armageddon but it kind of stalemated out for a while. At that point, Duke(a.k.a. WOLF) ran up onto the hill and said

"WHY ARE MY MEN SITTING ON THE F****** HILL!?!?!?"

and then we charged the hill.

Amazing event. Can't wait for next year.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
sounds like it was a good time
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I couldn't find the CCM tent, was it buried in the Living Legends area somewhere. Because I didn't see it near the other vendors.
goody2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
I was at Chicago for the NPPL event playing 7-man, but our team did not make it to sunday due to some reffing calls.

However, I did get to participate in the final battle, which was a blast. It was ridiculous. It was nice to go out there and just mess around. I do think some of you scenario guys need to chill and just have fun. You guys take that just as serious as we do tournament ball. Not the point of this though, I just wanted to say it was a blast going out there and getting on that mound and just battling for that center push button. I was on the "armageddon" side by the way. I apologize if I overshot anyone laying down on the mound on the town's left side. I kept popping up and shooting and not seeing anyone get up after I shot them. Again, it was a blast, and wish I could have participated in more of it.
quite hontestly - anyone participating on one of those has to accept as many shots as they take. It's just what it means to be in the middle of 1000 people fighting for the same hilltop.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
I couldn't find the CCM tent, was it buried in the Living Legends area somewhere. Because I didn't see it near the other vendors.
CCM along with a few other vendors were behind the main CPX building where the buses were picking people up for the scenario. They sold every gun they brought to the event by the end of Saturday (not counting the prototypes).
http://i.imgur.com/hZGzo.png
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I hurt.... alot

LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I hurt.... alot

LOL
that means you did it right.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone