mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What should I get? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/163010-what-should-i-get.html)

pirhana92 05-24-2011 03:21 PM

What should I get?

So I've decided to get back into paintball after a 6 month break. I'm not a new player so I do know quite a bit about paintball. But I've been out of the game long enough to not remember what all is good or bad.

I'm looking at a few different guns.

Invert Mini
PMR
Pm7

My price range is between $200-$250.

I really don't know what to get. I would really like a Pm8 or a Geo but I know I can't afford them. I'm just looking for a good gun to get me back in the game.

I already know what mask, tank and hopper I'm getting. I just need a gun. So any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Stilgar 05-24-2011 03:23 PM

phantom

pirhana92 05-24-2011 03:25 PM

I don't want a pump. I played pump before I quit and I hated it.

Jkoselka 05-24-2011 03:32 PM

What?!?!?!?! Hate pumps?!?!?!?!? :huh: Wow are you in the wrong place.:p

Just kidding, well good and bad are relative to your playing style. So no to pumps, got it. The Mini is good for an entry level electro, I speak from experience I had one for a while. It was a fun little gun, emphasize little. If you can try out the guns your looking at, get feel for them before you plunk down the money. You might want to look at the Dangerous Power G3, if your looking at an electro. Similar size to the Mini, looks better (to me at least), to me felt better. I have to admit I am byassed to semi-mechs and pumps, which is why I sold off my Mini. If I was to get another electro I would go with the G3.

What did you hate about pumps?

pirhana92 05-24-2011 03:35 PM

What I hated about pumps for one in I don't know crap about cockers and it sucked trying to chrono it, plus sweet spotting the reg wasn't fun. I didn't like the lack of "fire power". I like walking the trigger, not pulling the trigger, cocking, pulling the trigger, cocking. You get the idea. I'm an electro dude.

chadders 05-24-2011 03:36 PM

get an rt pro mag or a phenom(but this is the mag whore in me comeing out)

pirhana92 05-24-2011 03:37 PM

Never liked mags, not looking at mil-sim guns. Thanks for the suggestions though.

chadders 05-24-2011 03:38 PM

ok then a cheep e cocker/mech cocker, other wise i can only suggest old e guns(2k6 is the newist i like)

dm6rocker 05-24-2011 03:46 PM

I have to throw the Empire Axe into the mix, since you're hunting for electros. It's everything the Mini should be. Beefier, more comfortable, better trigger and board, on/off ASA and easier maintenance. I love everything about mine, you get a lot of bang for your buck with it.

Not to mention it's efficient as all hell. Definitely a solid gun.

halob2 05-25-2011 12:17 AM

I totally agree with Dm6rocker, the axe has everything the mini needed, Def beast of a marker, save save save for this marker, you won't be dissappointed..