mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
ScatterBrained

Yes! Lets label Pellet and BB guns as toys! It's not like the pellets traveling up to a thousand feet per second equates to any degree of danger.
I too would have no problem owning a California big scary black gun but in maybe...Day-Glo Orange?

...anyone stupid enough to not put anything potentially deamed a weapon down when confronted by authority pretty much deserves to be shot......same goes for those shot reaching into a pocket without being told to do so.

-curtis
MCB Feedback
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIballer View Post
IDK what looks more real a DM10 or a rap4 ak47. There are people who are fun to play with and yes paintball has a long way to go if you want to shoot each other with guns that look like M4's or AK's then play airsoft or get your head examined. The sport is not that far away there just needs to be a unified set of rules a commision and corporate backing and bringing the game back for older people to enjoy instead of the all the little kids playing. I enjoy playing with adults a hell of a lot more then children. Why market a sport to people who dont have money thats like marketing a ferrari to homeless people.
After reading this, I'm kind of wondering how long you have been playing the "sport" of paintball? It DID start out as "The Survival Game" in the woods, in camo, with guns that looked fairly real. Also, the woodsballers make up A LOT more of the player base then the speed ball players...just because you don't like something means that someone else has to get their head examined?

Paintball is a game, some play for hobby, some play for milsim, some play to get away from the wife/husband/kids, some play for competition...but who are YOU to say what is the wrong way to play? Its like someone who likes speed chess saying its wrong to play classical chess with a 10 minute move clock.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #33 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
IDK what looks more real a DM10 or a rap4 ak47. There are people who are fun to play with and yes paintball has a long way to go if you want to shoot each other with guns that look like M4's or AK's then play airsoft or get your head examined. The sport is not that far away there just needs to be a unified set of rules a commision and corporate backing and bringing the game back for older people to enjoy instead of the all the little kids playing. I enjoy playing with adults a hell of a lot more then children. Why market a sport to people who dont have money thats like marketing a ferrari to homeless people.
Really couldn't be any more ignorant. You like one style of play over another,
doesn't make ours any less significant.

Besides, how do the milsim guns take away from the "sport"? The "sport" is dying on its own.
And how does milsim market to the youth? Not sure if you noticed, but all the irresponsible agglets gravitate towards speedball.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Locally part of down town was shut down due to a man with a gun in a building. Turned out he brought in his new m4 carbine airsoft gun.
I see people purchasing a.s. guns and playing in parks and play grounds.I have yet to see a pb game on the local soccer fields break out.
Just like the old pre ban law on firearms pb guns will fall under that too I asume.So all pb guns made before such and such a date would be exempt??
Old 05-27-2011, 03:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skleinsmith View Post
SB 798 Senate Bill - Bill Analysis

The bill discusses BB guns and Air soft (form of a BB gun.)

Yes some of these can look real. This bill does have a place.

HOWEVER a colored gun is NOT the answer. What stop me from painting my real gun orange?

This issue needs to be addressed properly and this bill is NOT the answer.

Education and restrict sales like "real" guns for items that look like real guns. If a person does not understand what it means to point a gun (real or fake) at a person they should not have access to it.

In CA we have to jump through hoops to get a "real" gun. (test, age limitation, background check, etc...) So why not make people do the same thing for a BB gun or like gun.

Note: most Paintball guns do NOT look like a "real" gun. Those that do should be restricted and have consequences if people do not use common sense.
There is a lot of wisdom in what you said. It is already illegal to brandish a replica gun(makes sense to me), they just need to educate and enforce current laws.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
ScatterBrained

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Locally part of down town was shut down due to a man with a gun in a building. Turned out he brought in his new m4 carbine airsoft gun.
I see people purchasing a.s. guns and playing in parks and play grounds.I have yet to see a pb game on the local soccer fields break out.
Just like the old pre ban law on firearms pb guns will fall under that too I asume.So all pb guns made before such and such a date would be exempt??
If so...it would work just the same as the gun laws. You'd need to provide proof that you did indeed buy the item in whatever year and all that fun stuff. Suppose I should be happy to say most of my markers are fairly dated...

-curtis
MCB Feedback
Old 05-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #37 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
But black airsoft guns kill puppies and kittens and little kiddies. They're as evil as those rifle pistol grips.

An ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure (or a gram of prevention equals a kilogram of cure for our northern brothers). Parents need to teach their children that playing with a replica gun in public places is bad and not listening to police is bad and brandishing a replica firearm in front of police is even worse. Common sense is commonly lacking in today's culture. And yes it's the parent's responsibility since you need to be 18 to purchase airsoft and PB guns. So before parents give them to their children, they need to decide if their children are mature enough to handle the responsibility of owning one.

Oh, yeah, it's always the cop's fault. :P

Last edited by Neurotic Hapi Snak; 05-27-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #38 (permalink)

Orange is a sexy color, just saying.

But seriously, if this legislation is passed, what happens to CA based paintball companies? Will Lapco have to start making Orange Ghosts?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Isn't there already some kind of law requiring replica guns to have orange colored muzzles?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Quote:
I actually support this I would be happy to have milsim markers out for good they are a safety hazard and ruin what so many people have tried to make paintball a legit sport. So what if it means a marker has to be a bright color to me that doesnt matter.
Markers that look like firearms are only a safety hazard if you're an idiot who decides to play with, or wave them around in a place where they shouldn't be or could be mistaken for a firearm, ie in public or by playing outlaw somewhere that is within the public eye or not your property.

If you are going to use a gun that imitates a firearm, whether is be paintball or airsoft, you should know that from a distance most people will no be able to tell it as a firearm and you should treat it like one, when I move my mag-rifle or AT-85, they're always in a case. But it's not like the presence of milsim guns at fields are making people flip out or killing the sport because people think it's some sort of hyper realistic murder simulator.

Punishing everyone as a whole just because the state is too lazy to deal with select idiots on a case by case basis is just dumb. They should be punishing the people who are too irresponsible to properly handle a replica firearm and educating them on the dangers of that irresponsibility, ie "You gon get shot."

And drg, most states, maybe all, don't remember, Michigan does, have a law requiring airsoft guns to be sold with orange muzzles to prevent mix-ups, but it doesn't stop idiots who want "realism" from painting over or removing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Some might find that a turn on, I cater to differing tastes by including a hot chic and a middle aged overweight guy in a mankini.

Last edited by Gustav12; 05-27-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone