mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerochance
Seller is dorking around. I offered to buy at his stated $50 price. He comes back and says he has offer, wants to know if I'll up it. I agreed to pay shipping. He comes back says other guy Upgraded his offer. I told him to stuff it. Once again I am reminded why I don't go to PBN.

His email is paintballbusiness@gmail.com. If he REALLY is a business, he won't be getting any of mine.
Sorry about that I am that other guy. I basically told him the same thing, no bidding up or jerking around, I just offered what he asked for plus shipping. I offered him $60 because I wanted priority with tracking so I guess he was trying to play that against your offer. If you really want it let me know and you can have it.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via ICQ to Zerochance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone
Sorry about that I am that other guy. I basically told him the same thing, no bidding up or jerking around, I just offered what he asked for plus shipping. I offered him $60 because I wanted priority with tracking so I guess he was trying to play that against your offer. If you really want it let me know and you can have it.

Don't worry about it man. I backed out on the principle of the deal, not because of price. If you wanna have some fun with him tell him you changed your mind and you'll only pay $50. If he re-offers it to me I'll still tell him he can cram it.

www.scarecrow-paintball.com Vintage Pumpgun Custom Work and Restoration.
Zerochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerochance
Don't worry about it man. I backed out on the principle of the deal, not because of price. If you wanna have some fun with him tell him you changed your mind and you'll only pay $50. If he re-offers it to me I'll still tell him he can cram it.
Don't tell him to cram it, offer him $40.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunrleft
Don't tell him to cram it, offer him $40.
Yes, definitly do that. Just tell him you start at your highest offer and work your way down.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

LOL! Reminds me of the "Third Rock From the Sun" Espisode where they go to the resturant, the commander lays out a wad of money and tells the waiter that this is his total tip, for every goofup the waiter makes, the commander will remove some money from the tip. Drove the waiter nuts!

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
Oh the saga continues, now he is trying to get an extra 10 spot for a drop and the reg might be missing. I may end up regretting this.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Sounds like he needs to DROP the price, not raise it, IMHO.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Unfortunatly that attitude is spreading into meatspace.

At a local paintball swapmeet I was trying to trade my Nephew's Evil Pimp for something a little more newbie friendly. He got the gun from some guy who owed him money and didn't have HPA or even a Revolution so it made a fairly nifty looking paperweight. So I figure a trade for something cheaper with some cash and I could get him setup. So this kid shows some interest, fires some air though it, checks it out for like an hour, and offers me an Omen plus cash. I say I need $100 with it, we haggle for a bit and settle on $50 and a 20oz. I figure I could slap on my spare Stabilzer and anti-syphon the CO2, pick up a new Revi, and my nephew will be good to go. So we shake hands and he runs home to pick up his gun and tank which he says will be 20 minutes. So 5 hours later I've told 4 people with offers that the gun was already traded. He finally shows up just as the swapmeet is closing and he's brought his "expert friend". He has his gun, but no tank and now he's claiming that the two guns are equal in value and his "expert" friend is there to back him up. He says the best he'll do is the Omen and $20 and since we promised to trade I have to take the deal. We argue for a half hour and I finally tell him to find a new dealer, since his current one is obviously selling him bad Crack.

Just cut and run when they start to pull that stuff.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212

Last edited by Fubarius; 07-23-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
Well looks like I got shanked on the deal in the end. Once we got past the who will one up the other and the fact that the reg is MIA I send off the payment. Turns out someone else offered him more money and now I'm SOL. Hope the money finds its way back, I hate PBN.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone
Well looks like I got shanked on the deal in the end. Once we got past the who will one up the other and the fact that the reg is MIA I send off the payment. Turns out someone else offered him more money and now I'm SOL. Hope the money finds its way back, I hate PBN.
Did you send via paypal? If so file a complaint, not only will you get your money back, they will freeze his account.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone