mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   BS tank butt cover vs Tape (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/165768-bs-tank-butt-cover-vs-tape.html)

Person 06-16-2011 10:07 PM

BS tank butt cover vs Tape

hey guys got a little question regarding tanks

I will be getting a 68/45 tank somewhat soon and have been looking in 2 things. the Blackstar tank butt 2.0 and some people use tank tape (hockey or some other tape of that nature) they are both cheap and easy to install but I have heard that the BS butt can fall of, is that true? I have also heard they both give good grip to your jersey. I do like the looks of the butt better than the tape but I want whatever will be best. Is either better than the other? thoughts on which to buy please!!!

I also DO NOT want a full tank cover like a rhino cover or something like that
I would also prefer NOT buying the exalt cover because I dont like the looks of it very much and seems to be a little harder to install than the BS butt

Thanks!!!

diablo 06-16-2011 11:18 PM

first off welcome to MCB

second grip tape can have many uses in paintball i guess it all depends on what your willing to spend

third your in the wrong section

Person 06-19-2011 06:34 PM

thanks for redirecting me to the correct forum because when i made this i saw tanks but didnt realize that it was the BST section

artguy63 06-19-2011 06:51 PM

you could (if you want to go really far) dip your end of the tank in that rubber grip stuff that you dip hand tools in. maybe put a piece of tape around it so it makes a nice line around the tank instead of being all drippy. that might give you the best grip, but if you do it then itll be on there for a while..

845845845 06-19-2011 07:18 PM

Ive used both, both methods are great. The tape does tend to lose a little grip over time, but it's cheap and you can replace it.

I have heard that the tape can unravel the the fiber wrap on the tank, but Ive never had this happen.

senghing27 06-19-2011 07:23 PM

On a fiber tank, I would advise against the rubber dip. That's best suited for the metal tanks.
My advice is to get the blackstar butt and then throw athletic tape around the edge to adhere to the tank. Electrical tape would work too.

People who wrap their tank in hockey tape and it just makes me uneasy....

Tigwldr 06-19-2011 07:31 PM

I have heard rumors of Hydro Companies failing hydros lately if there is grip tape on the tank.

artguy63 06-19-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senghing27 (Post 1882217)
On a fiber tank, I would advise against the rubber dip. That's best suited for the metal tanks.
My advice is to get the blackstar butt and then throw athletic tape around the edge to adhere to the tank. Electrical tape would work too.

People who wrap their tank in hockey tape and it just makes me uneasy....

didnt know if it was steel or fiber. disregard my input.

senghing27 06-19-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigwldr (Post 1882229)
I have heard rumors of Hydro Companies failing hydros lately if there is grip tape on the tank.

This is why the best/safe option is to buy the BS butt and to wrap electrical tape near the edge. When you need to send it for a rehydro, remove tape, pull the BS off, and clean the tape residue...

Done

blackrain 06-19-2011 07:42 PM

You'll wish you had a tank cover when you knick the HELL out of it. Then you are out a good chunk of cash when no one will fill it and the hydro company drills a hole thru it and makes it unservicable.

Later,
Blackrain:)