mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Here are 28 pages of this exact topic. Do speedballers help or hurt your field? - PbNation

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
Here are 28 pages of this exact topic. Do speedballers help or hurt your field? - PbNation
Are you normally this rude to new members or am I a special case?
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR A DEAD MAN APPLES View Post
Are you normally this rude to new members or am I a special case?
Linking a large amount of information related to the topic is rude?

It's not like he said to shut up and go there instead and then closed the thread or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Some might find that a turn on, I cater to differing tastes by including a hot chic and a middle aged overweight guy in a mankini.
Gustav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
BSAD

Not sure how linking you to more opinions of this exact topic is rude...

I did not give MAR any mayo...it just wouldn't be right to unleash that upon this Earth.

Most Generously Sponsored By:

My Wallet
BMayo713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I don't consider it rude at all. I appologize if it came across that way. I should say if i was being an *** I would have just deleted the thread. I was saving us some time since a nearly identical conversation was being held on the nation. I should also clarify that do you mean only tourney players or speedballers, who are generally thought of as tourney players.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
When I took my referee certify class we covered this topic, to some extent. We were told to spend more time reffing and conversing with the new players, and the large groups. At my field it is field paint only, and due to that, they always make money on paint. The problem is that most small groups or single regulars only buy 1-2 cases. The big groups (15+) come in and buy 4-5 cases. That's approximately $35 times 5, versus $35 times 1 or 2. Also, bigger groups of players spend more money just on entry. Field&Air costs less than rentals, so when there are 15+ new guys who need rentals (versus a couple regulars who just need field and air plus a case of paint) PLUS 4+ cases of paint, the field gets more money.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't consider it rude at all. I appologize if it came across that way. I should say if i was being an *** I would have just deleted the thread. I was saving us some time since a nearly identical conversation was being held on the nation. I should also clarify that do you mean only tourney players or speedballers, who are generally thought of as tourney players.
Sorry, I had no idea it wasn't meant to be rude, my fault.

I haven't had a lot of sleep in the past few days and I am having trouble stringing thoughts together.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Herp Derp

I don't see the problem coming from speedballers or tourney ballers or really any group of paintballers in general. I've seen guys in full tourney gear rocking Ego's go through less than a hopper in a game and guys with RT'd or E-Gripped A5's burn through two cases in a rec game. Gear or play style alone isn't the problem, it's the person. There is one specific type of person to blame for overshooting, scaring renters, burning through excessive amounts of paint, being a dick in general.

"That douchebag."

Everyone has had an experience with him at some point in life, whether it's at a rec baseball league, a casual sports match, your highschool gym class, he's that guy who always treats even the most casual, unimportant competition, whether it's a meaningless gym class basketball game, or a simple game of elimination, like it's the world series and he'll be executed if he loses.

The world is filled with them, you'll run into them in any sport that you will ever play, but from what I've seen, paintball seems to attract the most, and my theory on that is because in my eyes, paintball is the only sport where you can buy "skill" to a certain degree, so the talentless d-bags swarm to it to fuel their overcompensation machine.

And I don't mean that gear = skill, I've seen guys with Talons spank electros, but there's no denying someone who is terrible, but can rip 20+ bps at a renter has a major advantage, and you can't do that in any other sport. If I walked out onto a lacrosse field with a thousand bucks in gear I'd just get my *** kicked in expensive gear, not always the case in paintball.

That and the other problem I've seen that is worse for fields than "That Douchebag" is that with the technological arms race in paintball, the whole notion of "Just because I can, doesn't mean I should." has gone down the drain, too many people seem to think that they always have to have the best and the most expensive. I could go out and hunt squirrels with a .50 caliber anti-material rifle, but I don't, because that's just excessive. Is a 30bps pain-machine necessary for a tourney where money and prizes are on the line and everyone wants the best gear, sure. Is it necessary for a casual game with nothing on the line and most people just playing with what they can afford or what they like the best? It seems a bit excessive to me.

That mentality, coupled with "That Douchebag's" personality = the problem with paintball. Just my two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Some might find that a turn on, I cater to differing tastes by including a hot chic and a middle aged overweight guy in a mankini.
Gustav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
I've porked many

Paintball attracts large numbers of douchebags, no matter the playing format. While many of us tend to remember the good old days, if we think about it a little harder we will remember there were douchebags back then too. No particular format is any better or any worse than any other, it is the people playing it that make it fun or not.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
That thread is mostly just tourney kids ragging on Horizon about his paint prices. In the interest of saving others valuable time I'll sum it up:

Tourney kid: Your paint is too expensive and your field will fail.
Horizon: We make money and are still in business...
Tourney kid: derp.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone