mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Abandoned hotel in NY (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/166156-abandoned-hotel-ny.html)

skipjack289 06-20-2011 09:27 PM

Abandoned hotel in NY

Grossinger's abandoned resort Photos | Grossinger's abandoned resort Pictures - Yahoo! News

Looks like it has potential for some play.

duff muffin 06-20-2011 10:17 PM

kinda cool, but there is a psych ward that has been abandoned for years about an hour north of me that looks even better, it's almost like a college campus, multiple buildings, 4 stories, courtyards.

weekendballer 06-20-2011 10:19 PM

There is this really coll place down the street from me that looks just like that. Tons of bombed out buildings wrecked cars everywhere, ****s just on fire all the time, I think they call it Detroit.

duff muffin 06-20-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekendballer (Post 1883906)
There is this really coll place down the street from me that looks just like that. Tons of bombed out buildings wrecked cars everywhere, ****s just on fire all the time, I think they call it Detroit.

Ya, you try to wipe a 9mm.

gerth21 06-20-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekendballer (Post 1883906)

Ouch :ROTFL:

weekendballer 06-20-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duff muffin (Post 1883913)
Ya, you try to wipe a 9mm.

you talking about wiping a hit? because I am pretty sure you don't have to wipe the gun down after you comment your felony. Due to budget cuts no more crime lab in Detroit.

Schmitti 06-20-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipjack289 (Post 1883822)

I think they are already moving forward with plans to redevelop this... don't quote me on it.... there are several of these former resort/hospital things that are being redeveloped.

E

Gustav12 06-21-2011 12:04 AM

Looks awesome, but as soon as cool places like this hit a major site they tend to start crawling with curious people and urban explorers, which tend to attract local law enforcement and complicate things lol. But playing a place like that would be amazing.

And no one seemed to listen to mask rules very well when I was in that Detroit place!

845845845 06-21-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duff muffin (Post 1883902)
kinda cool, but there is a psych ward that has been abandoned for years about an hour north of me that looks even better, it's almost like a college campus, multiple buildings, 4 stories, courtyards.

That's the old looney bin in Poughkeepsie. A private developer bought it and has fenced it off and the police patrol it now...boooooooooooooooooo

usagi_tetsu 06-21-2011 08:59 AM

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who saw that news story and immediately thought, "*hmmm* I wonder if we could sneak an outlaw group in there to play?" instead of "*awww* that icon of a bygone era is crumbling to the ground, how sad".