mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Paintball sentry...tracks and shoots paintballs at people.... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/166196-paintball-sentry-tracks-shoots-paintballs-people.html)

Julien 06-21-2011 04:56 AM

Paintball sentry...tracks and shoots paintballs at people....

YouTube - ‪Fully Automated Paintball Sentry (video 17 of 18)‬‏

How amazing is this?

Demolition37 06-21-2011 05:17 AM

Love the portal turret sounds.

-=ArchAngel=- 06-21-2011 05:32 AM

This is the future of paintball. Man vs Machine

chadders 06-21-2011 05:54 AM

great my rc tank project has a new turret mech then.... lol
although my idea would have less over shooting.....

malJohann 06-21-2011 06:06 PM

Does it stop shooting when I lift my marker up? Wait. Isn't this old news already?

Luckless 06-21-2011 06:53 PM

There is really only so much you can practically do with a single camera setup, and their software is rather impressive for something that appears to come out of a hobby team.

But their lack of target context makes it hard to use it as more than just a toy, especially for anything that shoots.

gamer565 06-21-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malJohann (Post 1885148)
Does it stop shooting when I lift my marker up? Wait. Isn't this old news already?

Its very old, and probably not the first time its been posted..nor the last...

Brother Jerry 06-22-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckless (Post 1885219)
There is really only so much you can practically do with a single camera setup, and their software is rather impressive for something that appears to come out of a hobby team.

But their lack of target context makes it hard to use it as more than just a toy, especially for anything that shoots.

Not certain on the target context...you can upload target images for target recognition and restrictions. Not that it will stop shooting at a person.....but I am thinking change out the marker for a rocket launcher and target only tanks :)

HP_Lovecraft 06-22-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckless (Post 1885219)

Plus the fact that no commercial field in the country would -ever- allow something like this. Its a neat novelty.

And why are they shooting up an old Jeep CJ-3A? Do they have to do that?

Brother Jerry 06-22-2011 10:16 PM

Why wouldn't a field allow something like this during a scenario? As long as you have manual control to halt the fire....If marker is chrono'd then you should be good to go. Would change the game of attack and defend....give me 4 of these in a fort and I will hold off an army single handed :)