mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
When I play pump, as soon as I walk off the field, I always see hot chicks laying on their backs on the ground with their panties around their ankles, drilling for fish, and screaming my name.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't prefer pump but it is a fun change of pace.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

For me, it's like driving manual versus automatic. I feel like I have more control with my pump.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
smells good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonstiller View Post
What makes pump more appealing than mech/elect? What is the MAIN reason you like it so much better? Is it the pump action/feel of the pump guns or cost to play?
You get to fun around stroking it.... AND play paintball - its a win-win!

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

cost i cant play paintball cheaper then i do now

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
MIKE WAZOWSKI!!!

Like so many things in life, if you need an explanation you wouldn't understand.

Personally, ramping lost its luster and I realized that I was playing "1 case 1 kill" paintball. Anyone with enough money could shoot paint like its going out of style and NOT hit anything.

My focus switched from volume to efficiency. I began to strictly play hopper ball to force myself to improve movement, snap shooting and field awareness.

Hopper ball naturally evolved into pump hopper ball. I do love the feel of chambering a round and the satisfaction of a well executed elimination. Its like the perfect drive to the basketball, slapshot, throw to homeplate, the list goes on and on.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
I prefer pump because it keeps the bst section active.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Technically don't 'prefer' pump. Actually prefer the Automag.

But I do enjoy pumps, and have played more pump (probably) than anything else. And after reading some of the 'pump vs. other' threads of late, and having become very irritated by them, here goes:

Let's be clear. Volume counts. It counts for a lot. If you can lay the paint, you can get things done. But any fool can spray paint. Any fool can spray paint at a high ROF. Any fool can spray enough paint at high ROF to score lots of eliminations. Any fool can spray enough paint at high ROF to score lots of eliminations against pump players.

But human nature is predictable. When one has the technology to compensate for skill, skill will have no reason to adapt and evolve.

Give me two equal players. Start the first with an electronic spray gun and pit him against his peers, and against those lesser equipped. Let him play for a few years in this way.

Now start the second player with a pump, and pit him against his peers, and against those who radically outgun him. Let him play a few years in this way.

Now, after years of play, give the first player a pump, and pit him against the second player. He will likely be humiliated.

But give the second player an electronic marker, and he will still likely humiliate the first player.

And the reason is that the pump is the most unforgiving marker in existence. It cannot be counted on, ever, to fill any of the voids in your game. Any flaw, and any lack of skill, will be magnified when using the pump. If you canít play well with a pump, it is because you canít play well. And if you can play well with a pump, you can play well with any marker. And popular or not, it really is just that simple, and that true.

If you play batteries only, you can be very effective indeed. In fact, you may be able to be more effective than any pump player, anywhere. You might even be able to be more effective than any player, anywhere.

Moreover, if you are a pump player, you will never be as effective as the most effective electro player.

But whatever marker you use, YOU will never be as effective as YOU can be until you can play effectively with a pump.

And thatís a pretty good reason to support pumps.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Its challenging. Granted that is how I learned how to play but I still prefer it.

To me any one can shoot a hopper full of paint and hit one person there is no skill.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
Let's be clear. Volume counts. It counts for a lot. If you can lay the paint, you can get things done. But any fool can spray paint. Any fool can spray paint at a high ROF. Any fool can spray enough paint at high ROF to score lots of eliminations. Any fool can spray enough paint at high ROF to score lots of eliminations against pump players.

But human nature is predictable. When one has the technology to compensate for skill, skill will have no reason to adapt and evolve.

Give me two equal players. Start the first with an electronic spray gun and pit him against his peers, and against those lesser equipped. Let him play for a few years in this way.

Now start the second player with a pump, and pit him against his peers, and against those who radically outgun him. Let him play a few years in this way.

Now, after years of play, give the first player a pump, and pit him against the second player. He will likely be humiliated.

But give the second player an electronic marker, and he will still likely humiliate the first player.

And the reason is that the pump is the most unforgiving marker in existence. It cannot be counted on, ever, to fill any of the voids in your game. Any flaw, and any lack of skill, will be magnified when using the pump. If you canít play well with a pump, it is because you canít play well. And if you can play well with a pump, you can play well with any marker. And popular or not, it really is just that simple, and that true.

If you play batteries only, you can be very effective indeed. In fact, you may be able to be more effective than any pump player, anywhere. You might even be able to be more effective than any player, anywhere.

Moreover, if you are a pump player, you will never be as effective as the most effective electro player.

But whatever marker you use, YOU will never be as effective as YOU can be until you can play effectively with a pump.

And thatís a pretty good reason to support pumps.
well said
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone