mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
Not all tournaments and leagues allow ramping. A lot of local and beginner-level tournaments are semi-auto only; and, of course, there's the NPPL and tournaments set up in that vein, which are semi-auto only. So, if you play in both formats (ramping and semi-auto), the issue of having to change trigger frames and/or markers to practice and compete at different times will trade off with any potential benefits accrued through a "more stable shooting platform".
I agree, i guess i have a more jaded idea, as all my local tourney series are ramping allowed at 12.5 cap. and while i dont have a hard time swapping a trigger before a game. others may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I think this is the long and short of it.
The number of semi-only fields I play at still outnumber those that allow ramping.
Even if the opposite is true for tournament leagues, when someone buys a gun they want it to be ready for anything.
also agreed. but is that any different than having one gun for SC and one for OC?

And Gil im looking forward to the mountain very much

Last edited by Droop; 07-08-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Texas Rush - Pump Player

I feel like MCB is being a little modest in the idea that everyone has only 1 marker that would need to have triggers swapped depending on game play.

I'd love a single trigger ramping marker.
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
I feel like MCB is being a little modest in the idea that everyone has only 1 marker that would need to have triggers swapped depending on game play.

I'd love a single trigger ramping marker.
well truth be told i only have one electro i really really play with..
but i have two triggers.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Years ago, I modded my Ion (see sig) because I simply hate double finger frames and triggers. So, I have single finger trigger/frame and ramping :P
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I would like a nice single trigger electro, it would be a fun gun, I can easily hit 5bps with one in normal semi, maybe a tad more. I think bob long has a version of the marq or one of his newer electros that was a Milsim'y bigger bodied version of his tourney gun, but also with a single trigger. If someone really wanted to, they could set up a 2k2 timmy, there was single triggers and guards for them, if I still had my old one I would have it set up with one for sure. I am not a huge fan of double triggers, they definetly serve a purpose, but I done really spray a lot, and the thing I have always loved about electronic triggers is how smooth and "click" free they are, makes for steady shooting.

Ramping can definetly eliminate the need for a double trigger, I agree with the stability factor, but the difference wouldn't be huge with how tight some grip their marker setups, I know I hold my stuff securely but I haven't used a double trigger anything in a couple years. I need to get out and play more.......haven't had time this year really.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would love to have a single trigger available for my favorite shooters as well. Most of the time I just turn my hand some and use one finger anyway.

I actually modify the ramp kick in on my markers to 9bps. I like to be able to snap shoot without ramp kicking in, but for a through or lane ramp is very desirable.
To me ramping was a blessing anyway. Before that, modified halo leaders with uncapped Anderson boards were brutal.

Last edited by punkncat; 07-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

It's called Tippmann Phenom....single trigger, versatile modes......

Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
It's called Tippmann Phenom....single trigger, versatile modes......

The stock full auto mode on a Phenom is neither ramping nor adjustable. The boards that are made to provide alternate fire modes don't offer specific ramping modes or fine programming in the way that electro-pneumatic markers do. It's not the same.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Really?

Is not ramping defined as automatically going into full auto mode if certain conditions are met? For example 3 pulls of the trigger in a certain amount of time? Phenom does that.
As far as adjustable....what does adjustments actually have to do with ramping? And what adjustments are you actually referring too?

Phenom stock adjustments
BPS
Trigger bounce
Dwell

Default modes of the Phenom
Semi
Response
Safe full auto - 3 pulls and enters full auto mode. Release of the trigger ends the mode. 13Bps default
Turbo - 3 pulls and enters full auto. Trigger must be pulled once every second to remain in this mode. 15Bps default.
3 round burst - 3 pulls and then three round burst.

Even the turbo mode sounds like what most would do with ramping just to make it look like they are not full auto.

And again by default single trigger
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Really?

Is not ramping defined as automatically going into full auto mode if certain conditions are met? For example 3 pulls of the trigger in a certain amount of time? Phenom does that.
As far as adjustable....what does adjustments actually have to do with ramping? And what adjustments are you actually referring too?
Well yes and no.
yes it does have that mode. however ramping is defined as MAINTAINING 3 trigger pulls per second, thus sustaining 12.5 bps (or insert whatever tournament cap it is) the phenom board will not comprehend .5 bps. The phenom regardless of all else is also a heavy milsimy bulky gun. Im sorry but I cant play speedball with one of those. (where else are you really going to use ramping?) they cyclone feed system forces you to play one side of your gun, and overall puts you at a disadvantage over a rotor that has a smaller profile and a more reliable feed rate.
Don’t get me wrong, im sure the phenom is great, and im sure it is top of its class. But putting a 6th grader in a 12th grade English class is not going to result well.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone