mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Ramping

A short disclaimer: I play speedball often, and I try to think of small things that can give distinct advantages in certain situations. I am also all for ramping in tournament format due to the simplicity of policing it and the fact that it puts everyone on the same firepower level. If you do not play speedball, hate ramping on principal, or have something negative to say about the idea of using a ramping mode. I ask you to please steer clear of this topic or leave your sillyness at the door, because it is not relevant.

On to my thought, why no single trigger guns? How haven’t people seen the noticeable advantage of having a single trigger in a ramping format?
PROS:
-you can pull 3,4,5 times per second with either hand on your index finger right? Well that’s enough to sustain ramping.
-you get an extra finger on your grip frame. Making a more stable shooting platform with less jerking around you would (theoretically) get more accuracy.
CONS:
-you look like less of a pro?
-I really cant think of a disadvantage…

So what are your thoughts? Do my claims seem reasonable? Why hasn’t this been done?
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I have asked that same question. I think a single trigger modern electro would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Because it is still an electro, no matter what mode it is in. If you wanted to use it in a rec or non-ramping environment you would have the firepower of a quick mech marker. The two finger trigger eliminates this.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I have asked that same question. I think a single trigger modern electro would be awesome!
thank you.
i mean we have the sp-1... but that has all those rails. i dont need rails.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Because it is still an electro, no matter what mode it is in. If you wanted to use it in a rec or non-ramping environment you would have the firepower of a quick mech marker. The two finger trigger eliminates this.
why not sell a single trigger for them though? sure have the double guard. but have the option be available. it would be a nice option.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

They do, they are called stock triggers. You just have to supply the grinder

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I brought this up over a year ago.

Ramping has eliminated the need for double finger triggers. And exactly as Droop has suggested, a single finger grip frame offers superior ergonomics, resulting in a faster aim point and a steadier aim.

What have I done with it? I tracked down a crap load of single finger trigger guards... The type that were removable. My intention was to cut the double finger trigger guard off, and attach the new single finger trigger guard. Trim the double finger trigger to fit. And ramp faces off.

Unfortunately, I started getting really heavily into pump guns (once everyone has 15bps ramping, why not cancel that out on all sides?) So the project has sat on the wayside. If someone else is interested, I've got all the parts....!

Edit: a single finger trigger in a double guard doesn't work very well. Your index finger can't support much weight without a trigger guard to rest on, and sometimes that index finder will slip into the trigger path, so you spend a lot of time thinking about it.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
They do, they are called stock triggers. You just have to supply the grinder
yeah... i need to do that to my marqs stock trigger. Dre-milling inbound.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's no reason it can't be done. Espescially for markers that are on the brick side (Im looking at you, stock vikings) its just alot more comfortable to hold.

I would do it out in the shop but I have no markers that I'd be interested in putting it on.
Matt Ribble is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone