mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
I think in order to be the next tom kaye, in order to compete with making on of the most consistent regulators ever, and making HPA mainstream you are going to have to.... well... I really cant think of anything you can do to surpass or even come equal to what Tom has done.
and with that comment I have officially joined the cult...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1376133
Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Igloo member

I would put the gents and ladies at CCM as a larger "great" as a person in the 2005-2011 era, Simply put, those CCM's were probably the first real pumps to get pushed into the mains stream, I mean think about it. SURE we all know about CCI, Palmers, pump company X/Y/Z"
But even the Speedball loving Race to format guys know what a CCM S6, T2, S6.5 look like. and they can tell you the estimated price (around 600 to 700$) and that its a Pump marker.

I think CCM has been greatly instrumental in putting pump markers into the spot light.
much more then any other manufacturer in the last five years.

As for the next greatest innovation of paintball, I think that will come from the paint used. I'f we can make it easy enough to create mass amounts of paintball for cheap, sell them to the fields cheap, and let the fields sell them cheaper. While maintaining a high grade of quality.
Thats something serious to consider, A box of tournament paint for 20$ cheaper? (and it doesn't stain!) thats good stuff, that's ALOT more people who can play more often.

Last edited by Eskimo; 07-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Tom built a gun from the ground up unlike ever seen before.

Bob Long worked on Spyders and made glorified Bushmasters, neither of which he really had any innovation in producing.

I liked the early gen timmies, up to the GZ and the Alias line, then it went down hill for me.

This is the tenth line of my signature
Old 07-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
^ What made it go down hill for you?

Eskimo, I can agree with your point.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
^ What made it go down hill for you?

Eskimo, I can agree with your point.
The Empire 2 being the first of the 'ok, lets just go with the flow and start turning out crap.' followed by the utter sterilization of the Intimidator for nearly 3 years to focus on the outright hedious Marq line.

This is the tenth line of my signature
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
F*** that. You can't service any Bob Long guns that are 3+ years old...That's not the support I would consider great.

Even Dye has service available for ALL of it's markers dating back to when they purchased the rights to the Matrix. BL sucks for service and drives the price of his own markers into the ground...not good for the sport.

Ebay Feedback
Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post
F*** that. You can't service any Bob Long guns that are 3+ years old...That's not the support I would consider great.

Even Dye has service available for ALL of it's markers dating back to when they purchased the rights to the Matrix. BL sucks for service and drives the price of his own markers into the ground...not good for the sport.
im not so sure about that statement. i know theres a solid group of guys who get their timmys worked on by BLAST up here all the time.
Also i will argue with you fought. the Marq is a disgustingly good shooting gun. and since when is MCB about aestetics? they changed their game up and thats the way it had to be. now BL has released two superguns. the Marq Victory, and the G6r a super updated timmy. i would say he has done well albeit even if he is an ******* in person. (thats second hand info)
Old 07-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Guys, what's wrong with the thread? Of course Tom Kaye can't be matched, but Bob Long is still cranking out some pretty interesting stuff. Nothing AGD cool, but still cranking out new technology.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Dumbest thread I have seen in awhile
+1

No sense can be made of this thread -- the initial premise is that ridiculous.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
YS-OFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post

Not usually a problem if you take care of your gear and treat it well- how hard can it be to come by some air fittings and LP hose? If you're snapping feednecks off or bending ASAs when golfing with your Ripper 2, that's a different story.

I've never had a gun that needed the company to tech it- only defective regs, and those were from otherwise reputable companies, oddly, and were very replaceable.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone