mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I pre-ordered Febuary 1st. It's the manufacturers job to make sure they have the product available for when they say their going to have it. Especially when they have had how many months at this, and this isnt the first product its happened with. But what about those who didn't pre-order? the add rap4 posted july 1st to their website states.
Place your order now to reserve your Mag Fed Conversion Kit, and we'll ship it to you on the above schedule so that you can dominate your field this summer. Rely on the quality, revel in the experience, and take the field by storm!

So what about those people who read the shipping dates and won't receive their marker on the specified date because it seems to me that would be as false as a false advertisement can be.
christo0187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Here is another vague explanation rap4 just sent me. But for real tell me if this sounds right to any of you

Our mag kits have been on pre-order since last year and there was also an initial sale to dealers/wholesalers before the public offering. Now you placed your order in Feb. and the list is currently being processed from the top of the list to the bottom and this takes time for it to happen in an organized fashion due to the length of the list, as stated online the schedule is in waves 1st "Phenoms", 2nd BT/98, 3rd Alpha Black, 4th X7. Your Alpha Black order is part of the 3rd wave which is being coordinated and processed accordingly and when your order comes up it will ship out immediately. Unfortunately, our schedule time frame may be off, but we are trying to expedite the process as quickly as possible, but we are striving to complete the lists before the expected date of 7/29. We apologize for the inconvenience, but if your truly not satisfied it is within your right to ask for a full refund since the product has not shipped.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Welcome to the world of paintball industry pre-orders. Here's a clue:

They are never on time!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by christo0187 View Post
Here is another vague explanation rap4 just sent me. But for real tell me if this sounds right to any of you

Our mag kits have been on pre-order since last year and there was also an initial sale to dealers/wholesalers before the public offering. Now you placed your order in Feb. and the list is currently being processed from the top of the list to the bottom and this takes time for it to happen in an organized fashion due to the length of the list, as stated online the schedule is in waves 1st "Phenoms", 2nd BT/98, 3rd Alpha Black, 4th X7. Your Alpha Black order is part of the 3rd wave which is being coordinated and processed accordingly and when your order comes up it will ship out immediately. Unfortunately, our schedule time frame may be off, but we are trying to expedite the process as quickly as possible, but we are striving to complete the lists before the expected date of 7/29. We apologize for the inconvenience, but if your truly not satisfied it is within your right to ask for a full refund since the product has not shipped.
Sounds right to me.

If they are offering a refund I doubt they are trying to screw you over...

Feedback!
evilkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
considering melkson never got the kits that he won the right to test and they keep stonewalling him this sounds about right.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This is why I don't pre-order.

I'll wait. Let the first batch go out, then go back since most paintball gear tends to be released in "beta" stage, then go out fixed. Repeat as necessary. Once the bugs get worked out I'll look at the more recent reviews and if they're good I'll think about buying.

By then we should have a better word on if those damn D-mags will ever get released.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo0187 View Post
So you expect to be lied to? That's sad. Were not talking about a delay were talking about an out right lie. You may think im over-reacting to but if you dont stand up and demand something better you will never get something better, and by the sounds of it your satisfied with the mediocre
Nope. When it comes to paintball, i expect that any dates are merely estimations based on best case scenarios. Especially when its a first run scenario on a product, there are a LOT of unforeseen hiccups to be had.

Though they arent as "pro" as rap4, this happens a lot with projects here at MCB. Even with well respected and trusted airsmiths, dates get pushed back months and months after the original announced release date. Difference here however is that the manufacturer and distributor are one of the same. Thus there is no breakdown in comms and customers are easily kept up to date.

In this case, rap4 is the DISTRIBUTOR. As they are not the actual manufacturer. The only dates they can give you are the dates fed to them by the manufacturer. If **** goes down and the manufacturer doesnt keep the guys on the business end up to date, they can only do one of three things. Tell customers the exact truth that they dont know what is going on or when the product will ship and consequently lose business. Stall by giving vague answers and explanations losing some customers but keeping some. Or, they can go into full damage control mode BSing and lying through their teeth to keep as much business as possible.
Though that explanation may be vague, its pretty easy to deduce what the message is. 1. We have no idea when they're gonna be out........or 2. You dont want to know when they're gonna be out

I understand you're angry. Maybe you have the right to be. But this isnt to be unexpected. You want a straight answer from rap4. The problem is that they dont have one.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Im not talking about mcb im talking about rap4 which does how much more buisness than you guys? That being said, a company who does that much sales should start acting a little more professional. If you don't have a good answer than so say don't bs. They could release a video saying their was going to be a delay so whats the problem now?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I was using MCB projects as a contrast to help explain why they havent given a good answer.
What you forget is that rap4 is a business. Their goal to is to make money. If they tell people they have no idea when the ETA is, they will lose a considerable amount of pre orders take loses.Keeping buyers/investors hopes up prevents them from pulling their money back and rap4 losing sales. Is it morally right to do it? No. Do people still do it? Yes. Thats the way business works.

Take this for an example. I somehow set up a private concert with Sting and start selling tickets(fully refundable). Everyone buys them and shows up at the concert. Problem is, Sting hasnt arrived and i cant get a hold of him. If i keep everyones hopes up that Sting will come, they will be willing to stay longer and give more time for Sting to arrive. However, if i tell everyone that I dont know where Sting is, or when he's gonna arrive people are gonna want to leave and refund their ticket.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Eh, whatever. I preordered in Dec and I don't even own a Phenom still. The longer they wait, the longer I can wait to actually buy a marker to put the kit on!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone