mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

A quick picture of my hoard...

So a lot of people have been asking to see a picture of my hoard, wondering what gems I may have. So here is a QUICK picture of the stuff that mostly likely WILL NOT be for sale. This is only a very small part of what I have but it definitely shows how much paintball has changed from it's beginnings until quite recently I think.

Feel free to ask me any questions about any of them. I owned most of these from new.

A quick story now... The Brass Eagle Nightmare Comp Short Barrel still in the box was a gift to me from the local paintball community. When I started playing, a gun just like that was the first gun I ever owned and it was amazing. I sold it to upgrade to one of the very first PMI-3's made which I hated. I always complained about how much I missed my Nightmare. Since my birthday is in March and in Canada, I would hold an invite only birthday paintball game. The field owners would actually open the field early for me, sun or snow, due to my very strict rules... of which, there was only one... no a-holes allowed. This rule was enforced too. It was held for 8 years in a row I think, and was to many, the start of paintball season. We often had 40+ people which was big in those days. Many people tried paintball for the first time at my birthday games.

Anyway, long after BE had stopped making metal guns, one year as a surprise to me and conducted by my brother... all my close paintball friends and regular paintball players that attended my b-day games chipped in and bought me a brand new, still in the box, never fired BE Nightmare Comp Short Barrel. A grown man cried like a little girl that day. To this day, it has only see about 20 balls.

Close up by request.

It's an older picture but the guns haven't changed. This is Blackie and the General. They are 2 of my 3 favorite guns and my most used. Blackie I bought new in 97 and General I bought used from a guy that only owned it about 3 months. Except for what is obviously stock, General is completely overhauled with all Eclipse or Shockteck parts. Noting internal is stock. As for Blackie, it looks relatively stock, but the only thing stock about it is the back block and the hammer rod. Everything else is milled, drilled, internally polished or replaced. The grips are hand made Teak by my late father. The bolt is 1 of 7 prototype J&J bolts. It has flat o-rings and is the lightest bolt ever made, but it wasn't cost effective to mass produce.

Ok, here's another picture to add more fun to the first picture I posted.

The serial number on that old cocker is 9615, it's been modded a bit, but trust me, it's really that old.

For those wondering, that is a polished and modded Nightmare Short Barrel. I was modded to have a quick change and gravity feed, then constant air. It has been polished, the pump has be shortened and the barrel had a muzzle break milled into it.

I still have the sight for the Cobra, it's just not on it at the moment.

That is a very old original Lapco stock. It came on a used Sniper 2 (1.5) I purchased back in the early 90's. What really ticks me off is that I can never refill any of my old tanks because they don't have a TC stamp, so even if I get them hydro'd which the don't need, nobody will fill them... sigh...

*****EDIT***** I have put somethings I have decided to sell up in the ask the experts thread while I decide what they are worth. You can find the post pictures on page 45.

Last edited by Sabre; 07-16-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add pictures and stories
Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
That Nightmare is beautiful!
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

Awesome story about your Nightmare. I'm sure that will be one that goes in the coffin with you.

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Can we see a closeup of the orange cocker?
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

AKA Fan
Thumbs up

You've got a nice collection. What is that frame on in the bottom left corner? And What kind of pump is that on the right side? (the one that you can only see the barrel on)

Pg. 2: Serious discussion on making it work.

I love you MCB.
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
Can we see a closeup of the orange cocker?
Done.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
You've got a nice collection. What is that frame on in the bottom left corner? And What kind of pump is that on the right side? (the one that you can only see the barrel on)
Frame is a pre 99 cocker frame and the pump is a Line SI Bushmaster Deluxe.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Wait, that's the original box?

I wrapped one in packing tape and shipped a nightmare in it...oops.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Wait, that's the original box?

I wrapped one in packing tape and shipped a nightmare in it...oops.
LOL! Yup... that is the original box. That is exactly how it came. I have to owners manual under the foam.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I like that General :P
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone