mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Fields:

1) Refs and staff need to be Employees FIRST and players Second, they should be Paid and expected by field owners to do their jobs for their pay...
2) Field owners need to invest in their fields, Build up those really cool props and really think out how the placement of bunkers effects play. If you build a cool field, people will come and pay to play.
3) Invest in masks, they are the number one piece of safety equipment, and often the thing that leads to so many renters having a bad day due to fog, scratches...

Manufactures:

1) Quit this hype thing, If the product is not ready...then don't start hyping it years in advance!
2) Paint size and consistancy, for god's sake don't get any smaller! Quality over Quantity.
3) Pay attention to your brick and mortar (or garrage) stores don't undercut them.

Paint prices are fine
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stilgar nailed my #1 and #2 points.

My #3 is that fields shouldn't be afraid to boot the problem players. My biggest gripe about fields is the same as my gripe about movie theatres in both places my experience is ruined by other people acting like dicks. If a field tolerates these people it is stating loud and clear that selling a case of paint and an entry fee is more important than a fun day of paintball. That loses my business every time. Who knows maybe if these players get kicked out enough they will get the message and everybody will win. Doubtful but I can hope.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Fields:

1. Refs who don't do a good enough job explaining field rules/checking the chrono.
2. Refs who don't do a good enough job enforcing field rules/checking what hot players are chronod at.
3. Lack of imagination on fields and gameplay. I don't feel like playing elimination for eight hours...

MFG:

1. Stop marketing products that look appealing to people who want to obliterate newbs (Strike Loader, I'm looking at you).
2. Charging a stupidly high amount for something that will be obsolete in a year.
3. Shrinking balls.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
I win, 8==bd==8

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
1 - attitudes and prejudice
Players, Refs, Gear manufacturers, Tournament series, Rating systems and even play styles.. its nearly everyone. As a whole I am tired of the bickering and the infighting. I am tired of "my way is best". I am tired of refs who don't give a crap I am tired of teams that EXPECT sponsors then don't work hard to fulfill obligations. I am tired of the WINNING IS EVERYTHING attitude that leads to cheating or ruining other people's day of play. I am tired of people not following through and not working together.. what are we, congress?

2 - Cost of equipment / Newer is better mentality
Seriously just because it came out this year doesn't mean its light years ahead of last years model its usually just subtle changes. You can find a 2 year old leftover gear bag and guess what, gear bag technology has not significantly advanced to render your 2 year old gear bag obsolete. Be patient, buy used, play more.

3 - I wish more people would just go out and have fun. Leave the drama and the whining at home. Play whatever style you want and enjoy yourself.

Bunker

3 -

I would like to thank beer for paintball ::: AKA proudly sponsored by SHIPYARD ALE

---------------------------
Nothing is stylish in the deadbox. - NSGSplatmaster
No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

The Bunker Monkey Wish List... help me fill it!

Bunker-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

1. cheaters
2. toleration of cheaters. i hope it's zero tolerance
3. i can't think of any.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Igloo member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill160881 View Post
Companies.

Fields

1. Stop selling your $20 paint for $60+. You greedy pieces of Same goes for stores!

Dis agree, and in Canada its worse, Up here fields pay for about 30$ per case and sell it for around 150.
Its not because we are trying to be greedy, its honestly becuase if you put a paintball field in Toronto you have to pay a metric tonn of cash to the city every month. Our field owner drives a 94 pick-up,

we re-use as much equipment and things as possible. IE garbage bags which are filled with cover alls get reused as actual garbage bags ect ect.
Paintball fields do not turn a big profit. nothing as much as almost any retail store could with that same space.

3. 3000 psi does not mean 2800 psi. 45000 psi does not mean 3000 psi because(insert BS reason)why the 4500 wont work. If I can do 4500 psi at home you should have no problem
once again this is kinda based on the compressor, and how fast its filled. If Our scuba tanks are filled to 4500 PSI then only the FIRST fill will actually be, 4500 PSI. the rest will be 4430, 4380, 4290, 4200 ect ect as more players fill.

Scuba tanks are usually only safely filled to around 4800 PSI max.

Also: How fast its filled, if the scuba has 3000 psi in it and you fast fill your tank, within a few minutes of cooling down your 3000 psi fill drops down to 2400 (due to colder temp = less air in your tank)

Hope this sheds some light on this situation.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
1. attitudes. paintball is supposed to be fun, not "i want to see how many hits i can land on the other guy while he walks off."
2. paint sizes. its supposed to be .682-.684 depending on the grade of paint, not .672 or smaller
3. this is more of a personal problem..new stuff always looking so shiny and makes me want it. my wallet cries a lot lately. curse you companies for making nice stuff *cough*ccm*cough*
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Karōshi

1. Stop mixing players with high end tournament markers and full packs with the beginners and rentals for walk on play.
2. Encourage pump play.
3. Make bigger bore paintballs with thick bright fill paint more available.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
1. Refs that don't know crap about paintball that just get paid to yell.
2. Companies overpricing stuff *cough*Dye*cough*
3. Paint prices!
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
pump snob

fun question - my main concerns w/ fields:
#1) owners and refs who don't know or care about what the paying public expects.
#2) owners and refs who run games to maximize paint usage as apposed to maximizing the fun / enjoyment experienced by the paying customers (see #1)
#3) poorly mixed groups and/or dbags who hang out at the field living to bash novice players. (see #1)

my main concern w/ the game:
There is way too much drama in paintball. Drama damages the game's reputation in general and runs people off unnecessarily.

my main gripe w/ the manufactures:
er, Colt made the 1911 in, oh.. 1911. I can still get parts, and the design was designed to work everytime and to last the test of time. It seems to me that vast majority of paintball manufacturers are charging a fortune for crap, that is designed to break and to be obsolete in one years time.

cj: solid post sir.

Last edited by thumper; 07-26-2011 at 07:34 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone