mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
My "brother"

CCM Fan
1: ****ty or small paint. Sometimes its the combination of the two. Paint that is too hard hurts too much/causes bounces, paint that is way too brittle breaks in guns.

2: Fields without enforced ROF rules. When it comes to drop in paintball with renters ROF rules need to be enforced. One of my fields does this and it works very well. Either that or a certain amount of rounds allowed per game, like CJOttawa suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
I am a fag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
thats what happens when i leave mcb up at work.....
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I agree with the ROF thing. I was at a field last weekend and we were playing attack and defend, we were attacking and the guys in the tower were using full auto guns shooting like 20bps, no one could move and everyone got lit up. When I got hit I walked to the staging area with my gun up and I got lit up again and the ref's don't do anything about it.

I think fields should make it semi 15bps capped unless its like a team practice but when you're playing with new players/renters/little kids...have some respect.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

imho, I think that pure semi should be the only firing mode allowed at a rec field. Especially if they're going to mix renters and experienced players. I play pump. I play that way for a reason. But if someone wants to shoot the latest and greatest electro, fine, do so. Semi closes that gap a bit(iirc, the human limit is around 13-15 bps). That's plenty fast for anything on a rec field. Just my .02
BigBalla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #34 (permalink)

My top 3 and 3

Fields...
1. If you build it they will come - if you don't fix anything and let it fall apart, and never change out anything including the port-o-pots - they will leave! If you can't afford to fix or improve things opt for some volunteer work from regulars and give them something for it - you'll have a new field in a few years.
2. Not having any innovation! Try monthly or yearly memberships like a gym (with discounts on paint) try bring a newbie events - maybe have tables, lockers or shade for players. Hey how about member rewards. You should treat us like your customers not cattle.
3. Sportsmanship explain what it is, expect and enforce it.

Manufacturers -
1. If you make updates to a marker that make it better - make it backward compatible if possible, for those schmucks that bought it the first time.
2. (I agree with many of you) make entry level guns durable and simple for up keep - you can only skin a customer once.
3. Include some replacement parts in with your marker that are useful and make sure customer service is good - (props to Tippmann and Tiberius - service) !
flyinrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #35 (permalink)

Reading a few of these makes me glad I play at the feild I do, Love the owner and his voulnteer staff...

1. The ever so shirnking paint, as stated so many times before, if I wanted a smaller ball I'b play Airsoft

2. Aggressive players with no concern for the lower level players (my field we are asked to play pump or non-electro semi against first/second time players)

3. Over Priced Markers... I wish I could afford some of these high end markers, LOL
Dohc-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Fields:

1) Refs with little to no motivation/supervision to do their jobs (as a sub-section: not enough refs)

2) Crappy paint. I understand a field's need to make a margin on paint, but if you're going to stock crappy low end stuff as your "bread and butter" paint please stock something so that those of us willing to pay for a ball that's actually round can do so.

3) Field layouts that encourage the "50/50 Firefight". I don't want to run from my spawn to my bunker, park and stay there until I get shot out or the game ends. Always lay out a field to accomodate as many play styles as possible- leave some brush in for the sneaky guys, some CQB areas, etc.

For gear:

1) Gear marketed for scenario/woods that isn't designed to be scenario/woods friendly. For instance, guns with idle shutdown modes that can't be turned off/reprogrammed. Nothing sucks more than taking 15 minutes to sneak into a position to light up the enemy base, only to pull the trigger and have nothing happen.

2) Camo gear with giant white or colored logos on them that don't match the camo. I buy camo NOT to be seen from a mile away.

3) I'd much rather have a gun that almost never breaks down, but is hard to disassemble, than a gun that has tool-less, one touch disassembly but blows o-rings all the time.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
1. Paintball forums.
2. People who have unrealistic expectations of manufacturers.
3. People who take the game seriously.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
1. Boisterous players who yell at grown men like they are 5 year old school children because their way of thinking and their rules are the end all be all to the game, At that point, The word "FUN" is mute.

2. The amount of money you pay for entrance to a field, if they aren't going to go "BYOP" then there is no need to charge $35-$55 to play + the high costs of a $65+ case of crap paint.

3. The Closeminded, The people that talk down and belittle everything they never experienced or had, but always love to put in their two cents on how crappy something is when they never knew, shot, used, played or held something they are talking crap about.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by ~spd3~; 07-27-2011 at 03:37 AM.
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #39 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBalla23 View Post
imho, I think that pure semi should be the only firing mode allowed at a rec field. Especially if they're going to mix renters and experienced players. I play pump. I play that way for a reason. But if someone wants to shoot the latest and greatest electro, fine, do so. Semi closes that gap a bit(iirc, the human limit is around 13-15 bps). That's plenty fast for anything on a rec field. Just my .02
Pure semi is a joke of a limit considering modern gun tech, and it's been that way since like 2003. In terms of being harmful to the atmosphere of a rec field, I don't think there's any meaningful distinction between semi and ramping/auto.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #40 (permalink)
Igloo member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Pure semi is a joke of a limit considering modern gun tech, and it's been that way since like 2003. In terms of being harmful to the atmosphere of a rec field, I don't think there's any meaningful distinction between semi and ramping/auto.
I'd rather do a Ramping mode, but have the ramping mode set to 8-9-10 BPS.
even a semi auto cap works.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone