|The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|07-27-2011, 06:03 PM||#51 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
1. Nearly no backwards/interplatform compatibility in gear other than ASA's. Now that most systems use the 'cocker thread its not as bad but when every single make and model of paintball marker had its own barrel threading it was insane. Also having a goofy shape added to one years model VS anothers making them nearly impossible to swap parts on though they function nearly identically sucks. Just change the spacing .2mm and it wont fit anything else
2. Innovation is second to hype, if you can make people believe your superior through nothing other than marketing why do something new.
3. Trigger frames that don't have flat tops. I doubt theres a technical reason they can't do it that couldn't be fixed easily but they won't. This goes under #1 but this one bugs me when I'm looking for project fodder.
1. Corporate bull ****. Some of you complain about the refs, I know first hand its not always their fault the are useless. I use to ref at Skirmish, I use to gun tech at Skirmish, I use to love Skirmish, I use to have a lot of friends at Skirmish, now I don't. The good refs that got in the game and called people out and managed unruly groups are mostly gone, there are a few left that I know of. I use to be able to toss someone off my field for taking their goggles off, I use to be able to yell at them to get them on or to stop doing something but not today. The last time I yelled(as in raised my voice so they could clearly hear me, not in a nasty way) I got a talking to about not treating the CUSTOMERS(not PLAYERS, I could see the dollar signs in their eyes...) like that and it was inappropriate because they may complain or not buy the crap being pawned off on them. Someone was in the tech test range and I yell to get their goggles on and get the hell out of there, same thing, I'm the *******. If you love paintball, know what your doing and are there for the better of the sport and the players, they don't want you. If your 16, never played, looking for a job and will say "Yes Sir!" to whatever ridiculous thing they ask you perfect. Sorry for the rant, I'm just pissed. I miss teching really bad but I won't dance with the devil to do so at this point.
2. Useless refs. The ones that don't get castrated by their bosses and still suck drive me insane. Specifically the ones who think its ok to sit outside the boundaries of the field and just start and stop the game and then herd you to the next field. Do your job or go the **** home.
1. Beating on newbs or other disadvantaged players. I have higher end electros, if I use them on a walkon game(not often) I behave myself. If I play with my Etek, its in capped semi and when I am throwing paint its at an equally equipped player. Normally I play with my Automag or Grey Ghost when with walkons, the people playing with you may make the decision to get into the sport or not based on their experiences with you today, don't be an ***. I really try to let the guys with rentals have a good time like I will wait for one of them to get the flag if theres one nearby instead of just getting it myself, it means more to the new guy than me. Help them if they need it and be friendly, it goes a long way.
2. People that take off their goggles. Nuff' said.
3. Trashed gear. I don't mean you play hard as hell and the anno is worn down and things are just worn out, I mean you just don't care at all, never clean it, never repair it and expect it to work miracles. I have seen $1000+ markers owned by apes that shouldn't be let near rental 98's.
4. Way to many layers/excessive protection. When its July, 101 degrees in the shade and your paintballs are melting in your hopper, why the **** do you have on camos, 2+ sweatshirts, a full helmet, a chest protector and/or tac vest. Seriously, it doesn't hurt that bad sissies, I typically wear a tshirt and 1 pair of pants other than in the dead of winter. Dieing of heat stroke or feeling the minor sting of a paintball.....not a hard decision.
Everyone says "Well maybe i'll make a difference",
Thinking they've got plenty of time
But you're squeezed a little tighter everyday
Finished before you can commit a crime
|07-27-2011, 06:17 PM||#52 (permalink)|
Facta Non Verba
Most of mine have been covered especially on the industry side. As far as fields I'll go with.
1. Complacency. As a field you need to make changes and improvements to your fields and bunkers. Change it up, keep things interesting and people will keep coming back. There is a field locally that has recently built up a new field and it never gets played on. They herd everyone out to the field that is adjacent to their fill station and play there all day. That is not fun.
2. Safety. Beyond masks, barrel blockers, and chronos... Especially in woodsball. People (Refs and owners) walk your fields before players are on them! This is doubly important in the south where we tend to get unwanted visitors.
Check your bunkers and structures. There isn't a lot that can ruin an otherwise good day like getting ripped open by an exposed rusty nail and needing a Tetanus shot.
|07-27-2011, 09:42 PM||#53 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milton, FL
Specially the bring the newb events and re building the field.
1) Add on semi play only and have a day set aside during the month for any firing mode you want.
2) Actual gear bags for paintball seems like most of the gearbags are luggage with manf logos on them.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|