Originally Posted by flyinrhino
1. If you build it they will come - if you don't fix anything and let it fall apart, and never change out anything including the port-o-pots - they will leave! If you can't afford to fix or improve things opt for some volunteer work from regulars and give them something for it - you'll have a new field in a few years.
2. Not having any innovation! Try monthly or yearly memberships like a gym (with discounts on paint) try bring a newbie events - maybe have tables, lockers or shade for players. Hey how about member rewards. You should treat us like your customers not cattle.
3. Sportsmanship explain what it is, expect and enforce it.
1. If you make updates to a marker that make it better - make it backward compatible if possible, for those schmucks that bought it the first time.
2. (I agree with many of you) make entry level guns durable and simple for up keep - you can only skin a customer once.
3. Include some replacement parts in with your marker that are useful and make sure customer service is good - (props to Tippmann and Tiberius - service) !
This ^ stikes home for me!
Specially the bring the newb events and re building the field.
1) Add on semi play only and have a day set aside during the month for any firing mode you want.
2) Actual gear bags for paintball seems like most of the gearbags are luggage with manf logos on them.