mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cheffer

Why my finger is throbbing.

So, I air up my DM5, because I'm gonna use it on friday in a couples night I have put together for my wifes birthday. I hear a little leakage around the regulator macro fitting, so I put my ear up to it to try and pinpoint the leak. I don't get a fix on it, so I get a little spit on my finger and smear it around, hoping to see some bubbles... and instead, as my thumb is resting against the macro, this happens.......

850psi rushing through a hole in my macro. I manage to turn it off in about one second (thanks goodnees for easy to turn cp on/off's). I've only lost ummm, 1000psi out of my tank (1000psi in 1 second ). My fingers are burning, but still there. My 2 year old is freaking out, and tell her mom things like... "paintball gun boom?".

So anyway, do you think I can duct tape it back together?

j/k I have some macroline hanging out which has walls about twice as thick as the stock DYE line, so I'm good to go now.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Exactly why I use SS hose...

-Dan
dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Man, thats a bummer!

Funny thing, i had almost the same thing happen to me, but i deserved it. I was using some 'high pressure' hoses and fittings, which i was told should hold up, to rig up a bottom line, as soon as i screwed the tank on, the hose exploded about 10 inches from my head.
Yes, i realize what i did was REALLY stupid, no need to remind me.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
I was at an indoor field with a group of friends last year. It was fairly warm in the building and on three occasions we have macroline busting due to CO2. It made quite the boom each time. Definately grabbed a lot of attention
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

That would really suck to have happen in the middle of a game.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

I had a leaking piston o ring on a PPS Stabilizer, started leaking in the middle of a firefight. For some reason I thought I could press my thumb over the bleed hole and hold the air in. It was one of those heat of the moment decisions. HAHA won't try that again got a nasty burn hurt like hell, lesson learned. LOL
Pardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
CHEERS!

I hate macroline. SS hose all the way.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Wow,

better your fingers than your ear. Imagine that had blown directly into your ear canal while listening....

The paintball gods smiled on you that day.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

God I hate macro-line. Try having one blow up next to your head during a game.

Seriously, some doofus with an Impulse decided it would be fun to rush up to my bunker, and fire right beside my head. No biggy. Impulses arent as loud as the flatlines on 98's Ive had fired next to my skull. Unfortuntaly for me, his gun chose that moment to pop, and blew the macro line across my head. The line split near the reg, and the air escaping from the remaining line made it thwack against the side of my mask.

He just kind of looking at me with a confused look, and I proceeded to point out the metal hardline on my Phantom, and he just laughed.

As ugly as it is, I take SS hose anyday over macroline. Not because of the danger, as I really have never seen an injury occur from macroline blowing. But just because I dont feel like having it blow, and have to refit, resize, cut down, and put back the entire line setup on my gun when it does blow.

I wish the hardline was more readily available though. That stuff kicks ***. Though, once you have it set up, its not going to be changed. If you have a nice setup though, that shouldnt be a problem.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Honestly, I don't get why so many people think SS hose is ugly. I've always preferred the way SS hoses looked over macro line.

I understand that it all comes down to personal preference, but I've noticed that with some people(AGGies mostly), the use of SS is like a cardinal sin.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone