mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Also, I am using Imovie to edit at the moment, any way you know how to zoom in or highlight a target (kind of like pistol petes vids I suppose)? I couldn't figure it out and didn't take the time to do so yet.
i am not sure about zooming, i have not used imovie in almost 10 years... i think they have plugin effects too that maybe you can use. if you want to circle your enemy i think you can just draw one circle and import it and then layer it over the video.

i am not sure on the gopro hd, even though i own one, but maybe the field of view is different for 720p vs 1080p, because it sure is different on my zi8. just another thing to take into consideration i guess. however, if you are going to keep longballing like that, it might be better to stay with 1080p. if you're gonna get closer to your enemy for some close quarter action i think 60fps at 720p may give you an advantage for a more fluid slow motion effect during those "intense" close up fights . just my personal belief.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I usually play up much tighter/closer. That field really didn't allow for much movement... The cover was awful. I am going to check out a different field next weekend and hope to get some better footage.

Feedback +26|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

the solution is clearly to go join the mcb fitness thread until you're skinny enough to hide behind those skimpy trees.

how you play is obviously up to you, i'm just finding that different settings might give a certain play style an advantage. what i really want to try though is a helmet gun camera combo, but i want a very very light camera on my gun and i have not found one yet.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
the solution is clearly to go join the mcb fitness thread until you're skinny enough to hide behind those skimpy trees.

how you play is obviously up to you, i'm just finding that different settings might give a certain play style an advantage. what i really want to try though is a helmet gun camera combo, but i want a very very light camera on my gun and i have not found one yet.
I was thinking about having a second gopro on the barrel, but at the moment it isn't feasible.

Feedback +26|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

It sounds like it was rendered at a low frame rate. I always render my helmet cam vids at 60 FPS
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
It sounds like it was rendered at a low frame rate. I always render my helmet cam vids at 60 FPS
It was 60fps.

Feedback +26|-0
YouTube|flickr

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone