mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

So move on.

Why drag this into public? Do you think trying to put social pressure on a stand up guy is the best way to make him inclined to take your job and know he's now got a customer who's already got unrealistic expectations and no fear of going public with complaints?

You're already saying you want something turned around quickly (very unrealistic for any custom work) and now your complaining that a guy who isn't taking work and hasn't replied for a while won't take it. What do you really think the odds are the gun would get finished in your unrealistic for custom work time frame anyway?

This is further proof that no airsmith can win. Take on work you don't have time for -get publicly blasted. Don't take work and get publicly blasted.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Go to your local machinist shop and ask them to do the work. You will pay prenium for fast turn around
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Before you flame me you should read the damn thread. The only irritaion I have is that he's not getting back to me. Yes I have a time constraint, but considering the work I don't think it's too much to ask for. But I accept that it's asking for a lot but there's nothing I can do about it.

And BTW, I was NOT publicly blasting him, I was asking if anyone had heard from him.

Last edited by magmoormaster; 10-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I did read the thread. You are still being unreasonable.

If you needed a mechanic to work on your car and you tried calling a shop and got no answer, would you go onto a public forum and complain if they didn't call you back, or would you call the next mechanic in the phone book? Would you even bother trying to contact them multiple times?

Why is this any different?

Do you always go straight to reputation-flaming when someone doesn't reply to you? If you had paid him for work or sent him a gun and THEN he disappeared, you would have reason to go public. You've never heard from him. He has NO obligation to you. This is not his primary business, and even if it was, he has the right to refuse service to any customer he chooses not to deal with.

We get that you want a reply. You haven't gotten one. You can spend your time whining, or you can find someone willing to deal with you.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
magmoormaster, I hope you find someone to do your work.

ssniper13, chill...
DPrekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Once again, I did NOT flame him or anything of the sort.

If you read the thread, you would have seen that I had tried contacting him numerous times. Comparing this to calling a store and not getting an answer is like comparing apples and oranges. I realize that he has no obligation to me, and that this isn't his primary business, but it's stilll a business. No matter what it is, he still shoud have the decency to tell me that he cannot work on it at the current time. It's very rude and is a good reason to complain about it, because it's bad business practice.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
as an airsmith on here....

its crazy, there are days you get 80+ pms
there are days my subscribed threads have 60 different posts
if i dont pm member X first, member Y gets upset, and member Z gets even madder, oh and member A has parts that needed to be at anno before i even received them.

Give him a break, give him a few days.

I took 1 weekend off at supergame (3 day event) and had 175 pms, and had gotten 15 barrels while i was at the event, it took 8 days of emails to get caught up, plus the machine time to get caught up

we dont have secretaries
we dont have accountants
we do have day jobs, heck i have 2 day jobs + SSC
we have families
we have lives
yes its a job, but its a side job

i HATE rush jobs, they are not fun, they are not relaxing, they are just inconvenient to everyone.

Relax. Give him a break.
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

I've given him more than a week in the thread I have, and PM'ed him 3-4 days ago. If I wasn't on a time constraint I wouldn't be so worried, but that's how it is.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It could be discrimination for being a Blue man but, a respectful Greenie wouldn't have a deadline just a preferred time on turnaround with no pressure.
Wildgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I've given him more than a week in the thread I have, and PM'ed him 3-4 days ago. If I wasn't on a time constraint I wouldn't be so worried, but that's how it is.
maybe he went somewhere for the weekend?
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone