mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think longer ones would just be obnoxious.

"I think longer ones would just be obnoxious."

Think Tiberius 18c (glock 18c). Think BIG

It could be like a Tiberius Uzi ................!

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

And I think those are obnoxious. I dunno. If I am going to be carrying something cumbersome - it is going to be something like a stock class pump.

ALA - KP2.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Damage Inc Lord

Send a message via MSN to hey_yeo Send a message via Skype™ to hey_yeo

I'm surprised that no one has made a long Glock 18 mag yet. If it was done they'd be expensive but bad *** enough for me to buy one.
hey_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

I wouldnt mind having a 10 shot mag, or even a 12 shot mag for that matter It would probly be best to stick with 10 shoots becuase of the ten round tubes. The tibs a e cumbersome in feel only, once youve played a game or two with one you realy learn to love the thing. My tib see a fair amount of field time, about as much as my nelspot, which is somthing to say.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm not on board with an extended mag, especially as heavy as the plain old 8ers are.

I picked up one of these co2 screws to mess with saturday and used it for a 2 day scenario and IMO it's a tiny little quantum leap. In one little part being added, this gun went from something I considered a novelty sidearm to my main pistol(I used a zeus and now a Miltec G2 as my primary) to being a gun that I will(once I get an extra, I almost won one at the TAG8 shootoff at the Global Conquest game this weekend.

I've used my TAG8 as my primary and for me(large class open play with any mode of fire) I needed six mags to live much less play my normal aggressive style and that was getting HEAVY, when my zeus used 10rd tubes that weigh nothing.

I'll start trying it out next saturday, but I feel certain this will cut the number of mags I need to carry in half and lead to me using 2 TAGs instead of my normal zeus/TAG.

I had made a speed screw of my own long ago which used the zeus 'wrench' pin, but this is far faster and easier to deal with.

I give this addon my highest award!!!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I still think the add-on screw is way too large for what it is. It is fine if you are carrying the Tib in your hand as your primary, but for those of us who use a holster, it is much more annoying, especially since the same utility could be achieved with a shorter unit of the same basic design.

As for longer, larger capacity mags, I thoroughly agree with AgentSmith. There is absolutely no practical difference between 8-10 rounds and those cute little 8rd tubes (cut down from ten in ten seconds) are just fine for me and reloading. With four mags (and a seperate primary in the form of a bolt-action rifle), I have never once had to reload a mag on the field anyway.

I think if people want higher capacity for the Tibs, they should just buy the hopper adapted T9.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline's Up! View Post
It's a pretty straight forward mod to make 10 round tubes into 8 round tubes.
That's what I carry on my "pistol rig" when I play in a command role or want to run light.
Yeah, but then I switch over to a SC gun and now I have a 10rd feed but 8rd tubes. I'd just like to have a little standardisation. Maybe I just like being difficult like that
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

I want to see a thinner grip frame and mags of carbon fiber.

Now there's your quantum leap.
Basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Me, I would give up the magazine concept altogether and make the guns thinner and easier to carry.

Using the example of airsoft guns, the Tib could be a gun with a contained 12g and the ability to quickly reload just paintballs into the gun through the grip.

That would be a leap in a different direction.

Titan, considering the cost of tubes, it seems to me that you could keep 99% of your tubes ten round and make about three 8 rd'ers for your Tib. I find that when using Tibs, it is easier to reload the mags from a handful of paintballs than it is with a tube, whether 8 or 10 rd. Maybe my hand is just the right size, but I find I can grab 8 paintballs more often then I can grab ten.

Also, since I use my Tib with a primary gun, I never seem to find myself reloading from tubes on the field. If you run it as a primary/solo arm, then tubes or more mags would be far more important.

Finally, it would probably be WAY cheaper to use all ten rd tubes and throw away the extra two balls (or use 5 mags at all times) than it would be to buy yourself new ten round magazine(s) for your Tib.

Just some thoughts...

D/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

While you're at it, I'd like to see it with a dropout changer under the barrel for the 12ie and an $8 plastic mag which would allow the 45 grip frame!
Pumps had their day when they ruled the world and people tried a million things but pistols never have, there are tons of great ideas that haven't been tried... YET!!!
Though people are pretty closely hemmed in by patents.

Gun size is one of those things for me, people complain about how tall the three stack zeuses are and how big the grip is on the TAGs too, but after the 5th or 6th Case of Paint through each, I started to not get what people meant.

I will say I use zipper closure mag pouches and I was glad to see these still fit.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone