mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Send a message via AIM to paintjunque

B/S/T Etiquette?

Is there any expectations for conduct? I've seen several threads where a lowball price was offered to the seller. It would seem more appropriate to make an offer via PM unless your goal is to up your post count, up the thread and annoy someone.
Another question that is asked that seems wrong is asking the seller how low he'll go. The seller states a price if you don't like it counter offer and make good on it if he agrees. I think the seller will get a clue that his price is too high if he has no one inquiring on his sale, I know I do.
My opinion is that thread replies should be questions pertaining to the gun (ie. condition, pics, trades, etc) and offers to purchase should be made via PM.
Am I off on this or does this make sense?

My Junq Sale
paintjunque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

That seems like a reasonable summary of appropriate B/S/T conduct to me.
I know I usually conduct 90% of my deals via PM's unless it's a question that can benefit all potential buyers (like a request for pictures).
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Was this made because I lowballed the person selling the blazer? I know, I should have PMed him, but I don't know why I didn't. I won't do it again. I am still buying the gun(Full price the seller wanted).

I ball for Team Fracture
B&E Paintball --- Wild World Paintball
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Send a message via AIM to paintjunque

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Was this made because I lowballed the person selling the blazer? I know, I should have PMed him, but I don't know why I didn't. I won't do it again. I am still buying the gun(Full price the seller wanted).
No, it wasn't you. I was looking at the VM sale where the seller was asking $125 and was offered $35. I realize that $125 is high for a stock VM but to make an offer like that, might as well just kick em in the junq. Sellers will figure out that their asking price is to high on their own.

I've had people ask me "how low will you go?" in reference to sales. My reply is "I'm asking ____, what are you offering?" I realize everyone wants a deal but come on, make me the offer, I won't lowball myself.

Thats a prettiful Blazer by the way, if I wasn't waiting on a Hurricane I would've jumped on that.

My Junq Sale
paintjunque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Personally I think our B/S/T rule should kind of take after the A5OG. Have to be on the board so many days, have so many MATURE, ACCEPTABLE threads,before you can even sell. I've noticed alot of people are just coming here to sell with their stupid "These are my rules". You know what, to whoever doesn't agree, This isn't your house, it belongs to someone else. Your rules from another forum really mean nothing here. If you've had bad deals with other people or your coming over to start a " ASSS$%#^&* stole my gun" thread, keep it where it needs to be, where you were before. Remember this is a "Dedicated to old school paintball" site. Space guns and attitudes don't really impress most here. I personally think that we should use the A5OG posting and selling rule. However it's just my opinion. I have bought from other members here that only have a few post and the deals went great. However it's also how they presented themselves and links they provided in their sigs that helped me with my decisions.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

It all has to do with maturity and knowing how respectable dealing are handled. The immature ones will show themselves not capable of correct dealings. I highly suggest sellers make personal notes of these individuals and bar them from their sales.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Remember, if a person has a really poor transaction, use the Feedback forum to post it. Buyer/Seller beware. I've PM'ed folks before about a sale thread they had posted that wasn't up to MCB standards of maturity. They didn't realize that our group is a more mature bunch than they've been used to dealing with.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I agree with blackrain that new users should have limited access to BST until either making a post quota or being approved by a moderator.

Many times when you see MCB referenced on other sites, it's in regards to our BST area. It's a bit annoying to see people register simply to copy and paste a sale thread.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to thrive78

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintjunque View Post
Another question that is asked that seems wrong is asking the seller how low he'll go.
I don't have a problem with this. I don't typically ask if I don't plan to pay immediately. Cash is king and no one likes for their stuff to sit. Before listing an item a seller has their lowest acceptable price in their head. Some people may be offended by I'm not especially if a marker costs big bucks. JMHO..
POG #1062
POG Feedback MCB Feedback
thrive78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

i don't really agree on having to have a certain post count to sell on here. sometimes people come here to sell something old or rare because there are many here that are looking for that and to not allow someone to sell it here can be a mistake. as long as they follow the rules in place and conduct there sale in a mature way, it's all good IMO.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone