mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #191 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
But... But.... Slim. That's not REAL stock class. I mean its not VERTICAL stock class.
What is this "vertical stock-class" you speak of? Seriously, I've never heard the term. Is vertical stock-class where you play while climbing the side of a mountain with one team on top and the other on the bottom?

And brother Lohman, our games don't get any more real!

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #192 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
What is this "vertical stock-class" you speak of? Seriously, I've never heard the term. Is vertical stock-class where you play while climbing the side of a mountain with one team on top and the other on the bottom?

And brother Lohman, our games don't get any more real!
Vertical stock class - the CO2 cartridge has to be vertical when the feedtube is horizontal. .

To some degree it illustrates my point. Maybe I am mistaken when I say that I think defining the power source is too restrictive. Obviously if you are getting players under the rules you are discussing its working. When I played stock class around here it was specifically asked that I either A) not use 12 grams or B) be extremely careful they not end on the ground. 12 grams were really frowned on by the field owners in many cases.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #193 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah, that's not a thing. Vertical Stock Class is a configuration on the CCI Phantom, specifically, not a style of play.

As far as the rest, if you can't be bothered to pick up your 12 grams, you don't deserve to be playing on a field. You have pockets. Use them.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #194 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Yeah, that's not a thing. Vertical Stock Class is a configuration on the CCI Phantom, specifically, not a style of play.

As far as the rest, if you can't be bothered to pick up your 12 grams, you don't deserve to be playing on a field. You have pockets. Use them.
I was always allowed to play however I wanted in regards to 12ies. I was not allowed to encourage others to use 12 grams.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #195 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Duh! I completely spaced the fact that CCI uses the term VSC, and that's where that came from. Yeah, Wraith is correct, VSC isn't a game format or rule as far as stock-class goes. It's a specific CCI term.

As far as attendance goes, we normally get around 40 players at our games. We're hoping to get over 50 at the Spring event. Event organizers have a tough job. They need to weigh maximizing attendance against what rules they want to apply. By relaxing the stock-class rules, you will allow more players, but are you really playing what is considered true stock-class if you relax the rules too much?

Some organizers don't want to play true stock-class which is fine. I respect the efforts of Sonny and Bacci for hosting their stock-class events in SoCal. My concern is that many new players who don't know any better will come to believe that OC equipment is considered SC which will only serve to create confusion of what stock-class really is as we go forward into the future.

And all this brings us back to Carter's original suggestion of adopting a universally accepted definition of SC equipment. But like I've said, it's up to the organizers to accept the basic definition, and then label their games accordingly (stock-class, modified stock-class, open-class, etc.). Until that happens, the debate and confusion will rage on.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback

Last edited by Slim; 04-08-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #196 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:

See how easy it is to get lost in.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #197 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah, that's not elitism, though, it's just general good manners for playing on any field. Don't leave trash all over it, no matter what that trash is.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:53 AM   #198 (permalink)
Rec Poster

What is the purpose of restricting barrel porting besides increasing sales for specific manufacturers?
Spades45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #199 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
No, thats about it.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #200 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
A stock-class gun is pump/manually operated, powered by 12-grams and has either a horizontal feed or vertical stick feed. Bam. Done.
Ok, despite my left turn into never land and vertical stock class we have to consider that you and I know what you mean but someone is going to attempt to circumvent the intent. For instance am I allowed to use a spring in that stick feed? Am I allowed to use a lever action? Am I allowed to use a set of pneumatics to decrease pump stroke? What about a pump mag?

So I propose for further modification:

A stock class gun uses a stick feed parallel to the barrel of the gun with the feed being gravity fed without mechanical assistance. Manual actuation must be parallel to the barrel and requires at minimum a .68" movement in a single direction to actuate - multiple directions are allowed but one single direction must be at least .68". It is powered by 12 gram cartridges that require at least 1.5 turns of the holder mechanism to remove.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone