mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #41 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Can anyone explain to me why we need a rule requiring a minimum distance of travel for a cocking action?
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Can anyone explain to me why we need a rule requiring a minimum distance of travel for a cocking action?
To exclude Pump Assist markers.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Not to be more of a PITA than usual... But what about those of us that prefer pump Mags?

The one small modification to eliminate the whole "inconvenient semi" thing of a PA marker with an AT would be...

If the marker has an AT, then the pump stroke must be at least one ball diameter.
If the marker does *NOT* have an AT then the pump stroke may be of any length.

Simple, straight forward, allows pump Mags and eliminiated PA/AT's markers...

Then again, I could be tired and solving non existant problems

Ty
Just going by the rules I would say that a pump mag is ok for open class, or possibly SC depending on your setup. You have to move the handle 3/4 of and inch, granted all but the last 1/8" is not under pressure.

If you run the pump mag off of 12g and either a horizantal stick or vert 10 round you can use it in SC.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
I kind of agree and disagree with this rule. Having it basically eliminates PA, but why not just say no PA. A pump Mag has a pull that is greater than 3/4" but yet there is no tension on the pull until the last 1/8".

Also why say not electronic guns? It would take away the ability to use something like the Ego pump when it is finished, or a MQ sniper.

Perhaps we make the defination even broader.

Pump gun, requires 2 manual actions to shoot a paintball. Pumping or pushing a handle, grip, or other object and pulling the trigger. A paintball can not be fired before both operation are performed. Both operations can be performed at the same time but must both me performed. (This will allow for AT)

SC gun, requires 2 or 3 manual actions to shoot a paintball. Pumping or pushing a handle, grip, or other object, rocking the marker either forward, backwards, or sideways to load a paintball and pulling the trigger. A marker can be arranged with a verticle feed however it will be subject to a 10 shot capacity, otherwise a marker that requires a rocking motion can have a 20 shot capacity. SC markers must be run off of a single 12gr cartridge.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to oldironmudder

Sorry about my other posts. I was tired when I read & posted.

Reread the new rules & from what I gather, I would be stock class. Single 12g & stickfeed or cram & jam. Nothing on regs or check valves.

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
GMO Population control

Great timing with this Carter. I was just driving home yesterday, wondering to myself what actually is "stock class". Now that I know, I know I would never play true stock class again. However, under the new rules, the project I am working on right now will fit right in there. Now, stock class (under the new rules) could become something I could participate in. The real reason behind this is I play a lot of random games with all different types of people and the old stock class rules are just too restrictive to me to be competitive against electros.
One small suggestion; even though it doesn't effect me is if direct feed is allowed I would think it would be fair to allow spring feed of maybe 15 rounds or less.
This is just a thought I have to include a number of markers that would border the class except for this rule and it doesn't seem to be such an advantage according to the new rules.
Emotional pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Don't know why we are trying to make the simple rules more complicated to accommodate a bunch of variables.

As the "Modern Day Stock Rules" are currently proposed there are now a plethora of available markers that will fit within the definitions of a modern stock class marker. If your particular favorite marker does not fit within these guidelines it is not considered a stock class marker, maybe it is considered an open class pump. No biggie. Play open class pump games, or modify your marker to fit the guidelines, or choose a different marker for stock class games.

Either play stock class or don't, but try to keep the rules simple (as proposed) so all the endless debate and seeking exceptions can end and the "modern era" of stock class pump can move forward. Otherwise we are just continuing the decades long "discussions" and I don't think that was Carter's intent.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Rec Poster

<-------- PGP fot the win? HAHA
Old 10-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

as long as there are different markers some will ask why not mine

But as has been said - one has to draw the line somewhere

I find this proposal very interesting and well grounded. There are bits that I would chafe a bit under myself but as I understand it there must be a line in the sand somewhere or there will be no differences at all.

That having been said - I believe the true challenge will be how to get such accepted universally - who needs to buy in so to speak.

That would require an organization and to support the organization - events.

At that point, I believe, the concept would either be proven or not.

/salute
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
GMO Population control

Good point Yoda.

Edit: I thought about it a little more and I would say it really depends on what your goals are. If you want to consolidate 12 gr. Limited ammo guns from C/A hopper loaded guns the lines are not easy to find. If they are to expand it to incude commonly available modern markers it might be a little more clear.
Emotional pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback

Last edited by RatFink; 10-30-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Thought process
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone