mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #91 (permalink)

I never said you'd be sacrificing your standards, I said I wouldn't do that to mine. That's why its personal.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #92 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I probably shouldn't say anything so I don't give away my secrets..but I pretty much never offer surrender, even for kids and girls, assuming I still have paint and/or propellant. Getting shot is part of the game, and I will not overshoot and do my best to aim for a hard target, but if I miss and tag something squishy, it ain't gonna kill ya. People are pussies these days..if someone starts shooting you 4, 5, 12 times that's something different, but a couple balls up close is not a mortal injury.
You've stated you don't offer surrenders, but you haven't clearly stated why.

Why do you not offer surrenders?

Hopefully you have a better reason than, "because I don't like getting shot", as that would be obvious hypocrisy.

I hardly think you're shooting them BECAUSE they are "pussies", so that's not really an explanation either.

I love surrendering people. A successful surrender is one of those win-win-win scenarios. I claim the bunker, the customer never gets shot, and I don't waste paint/air doing it. Most people that I surrender aren't even worth the 1 ball it would take to eliminate them at close range. It's my way of saying, "You're not worth it, now get out of my bunker."

As a low volume player, surrendering people is a mandatory skill in the toolbox.

People being "pussies" never enters the equation at all for me.

If you have the option of removing a player without firing a shot, why not take it?

Because you're afraid of getting shot?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #93 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Nice job, you did the right thing and at the end of the day it was a good game. I try to surrender people that close as well. I hate when they spin on you and give you no choice but to shoot them up. In that game you kinda walked into a hornets nest and someone was bound to try and shoot you. What did you get three or four guys? I did love the first guy you got with his back to you. You only shot four times at him. Most would have walked the trigger on that one! LOL. I do get not wanting to shoot kids at close range though. You never feel good about that. I couldn't hear what he said but I did love the F'in chill dude! Feyd.............
Old 11-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #94 (permalink)
MCB Member

Feyd, he was just repeatedly screaming that I was cheating and covered in hits and blah blah blah. This actually happened AGAIN yesterday at a big game. I was playing stock class. I move up into a bunker and I change a 12 gram. Guy at the other side reaches his gun around the corner and just blasts absolutely nothing. I finish my reload and come around the corner; his back is to me so I ask for a surrender. He complies, but goes on a huge rant about how I'm hit in the leg and was playing on hardcore and etc etc etc. And today, I had a player do the same thing, reach around the corner and blast paint and completely miss me. Its really easy to do if you arent paying attention and aren't aiming.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #95 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGSplatmaster View Post
Feyd, he was just repeatedly screaming that I was cheating and covered in hits and blah blah blah. This actually happened AGAIN yesterday at a big game. I was playing stock class. I move up into a bunker and I change a 12 gram. Guy at the other side reaches his gun around the corner and just blasts absolutely nothing. I finish my reload and come around the corner; his back is to me so I ask for a surrender. He complies, but goes on a huge rant about how I'm hit in the leg and was playing on hardcore and etc etc etc. And today, I had a player do the same thing, reach around the corner and blast paint and completely miss me. Its really easy to do if you arent paying attention and aren't aiming.
Your field allows blind firing? Every field I've ever played at will yank a player off the field for that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #96 (permalink)

the only application of any kind of surrender rule we play is if someone gets round the back of another player (usually last man in on one side, we are supposed to be playing flag games most of the time but for some reason they all turn into total elimination games) then it is considered polite to offer them the option to surrender. If they chose to they can surrender, or they can try turning round on you and shooting - so you don't try it unless you've already got your shot lined up.

It does get messy round buildings but we don't have many and the main field with them on is a narrow street so you know what direction they're coming from.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #97 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

One ball at close range is nowhere near as bad as 5 hits at 20 feet. Nothing wrong with close range as long as you're in control. Honestly, fields should try and avoid rules that are counterintuitive like surrendering/bunker taps. Just turn the field max FPS rule down. Everyone comes into paintball knowing how shooting/getting shot works. Complicating it is not a good thing.

Last edited by russc; 11-15-2011 at 02:16 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #98 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Most people that I surrender aren't even worth the 1 ball it would take to eliminate them at close range. It's my way of saying, "You're not worth it, now get out of my bunker."
This says way more about you than I'm sure you thought when you typed it out.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #99 (permalink)
Post Whore

i only surrender people when i run up behind them
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #100 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
A gentleman tried to surrender Kynan (of MCB) this weekend with a bunker tap... he had obviously not been present for our safety briefing and was unaware of the 'option' to accept a surrender at the field, and was greeted with a headshot for his troubles.

Wether or not I agree with surrender rule 'X' or 'Y' is even further complicated by the different rules and standards at different fields... I wish there was a more universal accord for this rule, but there is not.

Personally, I try to avoid 'over the top of the bunker' surrenders as they are frought with contention, and when wrapping a player I try and aim pack/shoe while offering the surrender... sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Interestingly though: the other day I had a guy in front of me I was unable to dislodge, so finally I double pumped and rushed the guy and yelled "SURRENDER" while coming around his bunker. TO my surprise he yelled "SURRENDER" back...

so I shot him.

He was not overly pleased.

My argument was that I hadn't nutted up and rushed him for the priveledge of BEING surrendered, but to offer one to him; I mean if I had been intent on surrendering, I could hav just given up from my bunker.

That was a confusing incident. Just an instant to make the decision, and already one pound or so on my 2 pound trigger pull...
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone