mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #111 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

I sure as hell don't use a command voice when I want to make a quiet kill...

I actually find that whispering or using a calm voice works better, since they really have to think it through in their head. Yelling gets those reflexes going.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #112 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!
 
Kermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pace, FL

I will yell if I'm rushing them, but if It's from behind I just say something like "OK, you're out. K? Bai" and then watch them leave. At the field I play at most often, you have to leave. It's considered elimination.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com
 
chopper duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro ATL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I learned years ago not to surrender anyone. Ever. It's paintball, not tickleball.

However, I also don't rush up on people that I would need to surrender. It's easier to put a ball on a non-tender area (pod pack, shoe, etc) than risk the debacle that could ensue. I stay my allotted distance away (10', 15', 20', etc) and shoot at them. Sometimes they break, sometimes they don't. Thems the cards.
I still stand by this.
__________________
My: MCB feedback {total = 275+}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
There is no difference in "touch elimination" and "surrendering" someone as long as you say "surrender". We have a 10 foot rule, so the kid was out.
Except you know, how many fields have a no physical contact rule, and for good reason.
__________________


Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #115 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
This says way more about you than I'm sure you thought when you typed it out.
I’m not sure how you are sure that I was not sure of what I was saying...

Clearly, though, what I'm saying must be much worse than what others are saying about the people they refuse to offer surrender to, as I don't think I've seen even one minor rebuke of, "Come on dude, seriously? Even the children?"




Anyways, since Oct 1., I believe I have, on video, about 10+ instances of surrender being offered with zero issues that come as a result. Most are accepted; the only surrenders that are not accepted are the "preemptive surrenders" which I offer before going in with paint, so there are no problems with those either.

I'll re-clarify, because people seem to not be able to tell the difference:

Surrenders work.

Surrender as a rule, where either the offering or acceptance of surrender is mandatory has questionable results, especially with noobs.
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #116 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Hereís close to a yearís worth of surrenders without issues, from October 2011 to October 2012. (With the exception of the very first one, which was done with a Gopro around July -- the first and last time I ever tried using a Gopro for FPS paintball video.) Oh, and I pretty much donít play in the winter when itís cold. The surrenders here were normal surrenders, or maybe they didnít surrender and I just 1-balled them. Thereís even one of me getting surrendered myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpO7WKE7hNY
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #117 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Michigan

Where I play on rec-days there are two or three types of surrenders:

The optional one where you ask if someone wants to surrender - perhaps there is some doubt.

The none optional one where I tell someone they are out because they are out.

The none optional one where a ref calls a player out before the shot is made. Because of how teams fail to plan they often end up wit some kid guarding the flag station. All the "good" players from the other team defeat all the good players from his team in the center of the field and then charge. Once one gets into a position where they are going to bunker said kid the refs call him out.
__________________
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #118 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bronson, FL

So this post is in celebration of the AMC "Walking Dead" premier right?



j/k I am right there with you Lohman
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #119 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

I don't think it's a question of whether surrenders work or not...but IMO surrender rules are terrible. Bunker rules are even worse.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #120 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja
 
Murf425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brandon, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Bunker rules are even worse.
Agreed. A field I used to play at had a "under no circumstances can you ever advance within 10' of an opponent" rule. Of course, there was a nice solid wall bunker in the back corner that, if you were in it, there was absolutely no way to get you out of it at any angle from more than 10' away. I saw many games where the last noob alive would sit in that bunker, never even looking out, not even trying to shoot back...and there was no way for the other team to get him and end the game.

Stupid.
__________________
My Feedback Thread

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC