mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #121 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've surrendered a lot of paintballs with my body. Sometimes up to 10 at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #122 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I've never had a single person shoot me point blank after I surrendered them.

I expect it every time I do it, (even wear a cup...) but no problems in all the years I have been doing it. Usually if it is my friends, I will just put one in them before tagging them, as I HATE it when I get surrendered... I'd rather be shot.

Here are some that I have on video over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUC63H1YckE

The Reaper woodsball paintball guy cries, four barrel tags in one game junkeez - YouTube

yes, it was my first time playing there, and it was so target rich, I ran out of paint...

Here is a game from this past April, my first scenario. I surrendered quite a few. (one did shoot me in the back when I was about 50 feet away... Guess he figured he wasn't "really" out once barrel tagged. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv096MmQLl4

General Barrel Tagged! Paintball Country Assassin's Style Play Transformers Scenario ZoomCam - YouTube

Sneaking up and surrendering has its place, especially if you are way behind enemy lines, and shooting will only alert the entire base of your presence. Where barrel tagging is quiet, and effective for multiple "assassins creed style" kills.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #123 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Agreed. A field I used to play at had a "under no circumstances can you ever advance within 10' of an opponent" rule. Of course, there was a nice solid wall bunker in the back corner that, if you were in it, there was absolutely no way to get you out of it at any angle from more than 10' away. I saw many games where the last noob alive would sit in that bunker, never even looking out, not even trying to shoot back...and there was no way for the other team to get him and end the game.

Stupid.
This. it's one thing to have a no engagement within X feet rule but at the same time if someone is holed up in a bunker and you have to be within the X feet to get them the no engagement rule shouldn't stand. I also find that at some fields surrender rules the way they are worded it dumb. ie one of the indoor fields around here (now closed) had one where all someone had to do was within 10 feet pop out and yell mercy 3 times and whoever they were directing it was out. I had a kid try that crap when I was on the opposite side of a solid building. I just came around popped him in the chest and told him I don't take mercies that are stupid. The ref then calls me out. Which I thought was ridiculous it's not like it was a run through it was 2 players on opposite sides of HARD cover. and depending on how you came around the building it would have been more than 10 feet separation. I'm glad no other fields practiced that crap in my area. It's one thing if you've got the drop on the guy but 2 players knowing where the other is and actually being face to face when we were popping out to shoot makes the mercy rule a crutch. Personally unless it's a new player or someone using a rental mercy rules are almost never used at any fields I've been to since. I guess the way I look at is paintball is a sport where you're going to get welts or cuts fairly regularly and if you can't handle that then don't play. Only time I really use it is if I'm directly behind someone with a clear shot at the back of their skull then it's not a question of surrender it's YOUR OUT! and most times they'll put their hands up in surrender turn around and I get a muttered oh as they walk off because I got the drop on them.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
Phone winner.

Woah goatboy, you put a Trracer rail and a ripdrive on a mag. That too awesome.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #125 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I once get called out for "breaking the surrender" rule by shooting a guy in the back from within 20' (PaintballQuest up in AL back in college). Thing is...the kid was DEAF (the refs knew it at the start of the day), so my yelling to him to surrender went totally unheeded. And his teammates were shooting at me, so it's not like I had time to casually back up the requisite distance before shooting.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #126 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'm not one of those people who says "suck it up buttercup" and thinks paintball needs to hurt, but let's be honest. No matter if it's their first time or 100th time, the people who sign up to play expect to get shot, and they expect it to hurt...somewhat. In any case, I don't think it's productive to try and tell people that the game doesn't hurt sometimes, because that's just a damn lie.

The real issue is people overshooting or unnecessarily causing pain and harm to other players, and there are better ways to get around that without making the game less fun, or making it more confusing.

You can turn down the max FPS to 275 or so,

You can implement harsh overshooting penalties,

You can make it so refs have the option to hand out a 100 round bag of paint when they see good sportsmanship.

There are a ton of good ways around it. The lazy way is to implement a blanket rule or minimum engagement distance.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #127 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
There are a ton of good ways around it. The lazy way is to implement a blanket rule or minimum engagement distance.
I think it's more of a CYA approach than anything else. The fields just want deniability when little Joey gets a nasty bloody welt from 5' away by passing it off as a simple "Well, we told them they couldn't shoot from that close".

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Where I play, at least on rec day, refs and players are expected to exercise judgement. If a ref tells you you are out you are out. If I tell you you are out you are out. If I ask if you want to surrender there is some doubt.

One time I walked up to a bunker, leaned over, and looked at the kid on the other side. I told him he was out. He asked me why. I explained to him I was a live player and on the other team. He appreciated being informed and decided I was right. This is the type of behavior I expect out of experienced players. You are welcome to bunker me but there is a time and place (against newer and younger players) where it is not appropriate. I should not have to write a rule for it.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #129 (permalink)
Barned

I know this is kinda off-topic, but has anybody with a pistol had surrender called on them and been able to curl the pistol behind them and shoot the person? Just an idea I thought of, might not work.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #130 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

As to the "20ft" rule. My local field has a 10-20ft aggression rule (in the woods). This means if someone is behind a bunker, and i can manage to get with 10ft of said bunker w/o them shooting me, they are out. Same thing if both players are not behind bunkers, and the one is not actively attempting to prevent the other from advancing, and the other is the aggressor, once inside that bubble, the refs will call the defensive person out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Sneaking up and surrendering has its place, especially if you are way behind enemy lines, and shooting will only alert the entire base of your presence. Where barrel tagging is quiet, and effective for multiple "assassins creed style" kills.
Nice Deadman's walk to get into their HQ...i can't see any other reason why all of those reds that walked right past you wouldn't have shot you, unless you were doing your best to look dead. Poor show man, poor show.

Last edited by panhead4411; 10-10-2012 at 06:25 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone