mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
Serves em right in my opinion. If multiple guns can't cover multiple angles and prevent them from getting run up on, they all deserve to go out.
And if one person decides to make a ballsy move and take out an entire building because someone dropped the ball and wasn't watching a side, that person needs to be ready to take some pneumatic punishment when someone in said bunker realizes that person is there and doesn't feel like the surrender rule applies to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
I probably shouldn't say anything so I don't give away my secrets..but I pretty much never offer surrender, even for kids and girls, assuming I still have paint and/or propellant. Getting shot is part of the game, and I will not overshoot and do my best to aim for a hard target, but if I miss and tag something squishy, it ain't gonna kill ya. People are pussies these days..if someone starts shooting you 4, 5, 12 times that's something different, but a couple balls up close is not a mortal injury.

That said I will regularly "surrender" charge if I'm unable to continue shooting (broken gun, no paint, etc), and it's probably 50% effective, a bit more if I still have air and can shoot blanks as quickly as possible while yelling/charging. The other half of the time I either end up with a 1 for 1 when the (usually newer) player surrenders and shoots me in the chest simultaneously, or get shot out by the player or another member of his team during the run.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
And if one person decides to make a ballsy move and take out an entire building because someone dropped the ball and wasn't watching a side, that person needs to be ready to take some pneumatic punishment when someone in said bunker realizes that person is there and doesn't feel like the surrender rule applies to them.
Yep, yours truly is a perfect example.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
True, if you charge up on a building with multiple players, there is a good chance that you might get lit up on your way there. We are however speaking in terms of a field that has a bunker tap rule, so it really doesn't matter if they "feel" like the surrender rule applies to them, because as per field rules, it does.

Once they hear that fist on the other side of the wall, any attempt to shoot out the other player is a lack of sportsman ship and inability to follow the rules. Next time pick better bunker mates who cover their side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik
Getting shot is part of the game, and I will not overshoot and do my best to aim for a hard target, but if I miss and tag something squishy, it ain't gonna kill ya. People are pussies these days..if someone starts shooting you 4, 5, 12 times that's something different, but a couple balls up close is not a mortal injury.
Its not about being a *wuss, or not being a *wuss. To me, its simply unnecessary conduct. Especially during rec play. I see no difference in over shooting or shooting someone at extremely close range. One could just as easily say you are a wuss for not allowing yourself to get shot 8 times, and that in today's world of electronic markers, its just part of the game.

If you don't believe in the surrender rule, don't charge up into a position that could make use of it. Sit back, or flank and shoot them out. It is simply unnecessary to charge them with the intent of shooting them at 6ft.

I accept the fact that both are going to happen on occasion. There are just gonna be those times where the circumstances play out that way, but neither should be a deliberate and regular part of the game.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #75 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
I see no difference in over shooting or shooting someone at extremely close range.

It is simply unnecessary to charge them with the intent of shooting them at 6ft.
I would much folks shooting each other point blank than arguing about surrender rules. A shot or two point blank is really nothing to complain about, I just don't get it.

And many of the games I play in are run this way. Castle Conquest, for example, has no surrender or even barrel tags. And that's about as QCB as it gets. I'll gladly play a game like that, but I have no interest in playing at a field that allows bunker taps. Thats not even tag, let alone paintball.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #76 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Its not about being a *wuss, or not being a *wuss. To me, its simply unnecessary conduct. Especially during rec play. I see no difference in over shooting or shooting someone at extremely close range. One could just as easily say you are a wuss for not allowing yourself to get shot 8 times, and that in today's world of electronic markers, its just part of the game.
It's pretty simple. If you don't want to get shot at close range, don't put yourself in that position to begin with. If I can shoot someone attempting to bunker or "tap" my building guess what they are getting?

Like I said before, one person eliminating a whole building by tapping on the wall is ridiculous. An easy solution for that as well would be a "1 for 1" rule. I can guarantee you'll see at lot fewer Rambo's trying for bunker eliminations that way. I see as much in the two man fields I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
I would much folks shooting each other point blank than arguing about surrender rules. A shot or two point blank is really nothing to complain about, I just don't get it.

And many of the games I play in are run this way. Castle Conquest, for example, has no surrender or even barrel tags. And that's about as QCB as it gets. I'll gladly play a game like that, but I have no interest in playing at a field that allows bunker taps. Thats not even tag, let alone paintball.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #77 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore

Kilt Fan
I'm am with yea. to surrender. is for the weak. I choose death with Honor, plus I have a chance to take some of you with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Yep, yours truly is a perfect example.

Contact... Kevin@operatortacticalgear.com
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
And many of the games I play in are run this way. Castle Conquest, for example, has no surrender or even barrel tags. And that's about as QCB as it gets.
Obviously, bunker tagging and 10ft rules aren't going to work well in that environment. Those are the rules of play there, and players playing there accept that.
Quote:
I'll gladly play a game like that, but I have no interest in playing at a field that allows bunker taps. Thats not even tag, let alone paintball.
That's your opinion, which you are duly entitled to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It's pretty simple. If you don't want to get shot at close range, don't put yourself in that position to begin with.
I don't. I've never been bunkered. Ever. I don't rely on anyone to cover any side of a bunker I might share with them. I pay attention to all angles.
Quote:
If I can shoot someone attempting to bunker or "tap" my building guess what they are getting?
As I stated, if they are attempting to charge your bunker and get tore up on the way there, that's on them. That's the risk you take as the aggressing player. I'm simply talking about a field where there is a bunker tap rule in effect. If they tap the bunker you are sharing with 4 people and you shoot them after the fact, that simply demonstrates your level of sportsmanship and a lack of respect for field rules.

Quote:
Like I said before, one person eliminating a whole building by tapping on the wall is ridiculous.
I don't understand why its ridiculous. What's ridiculous is that 2,3,4+ people couldn't protect themselves. That's what's ridiculous. I still stand by the opinion that if you and several other people couldn't keep yourselves from getting run up on, you got out played, plain and simple.

I've been playing paintball for....uhm... 20+ years now. I've never been bunker tapped, and surrendered only once. Ever. I have been shot point blank a handful of times. Some were warranted, others were not. I've bunker tapped a fair number of folks out where fields had the rule. If they don't have a bunker tap rule, I don't charge the bunker, I'm not gonna attempt to run around the side and shoot them out from 6ft. I guess I'm just different like that. I don't have some sadistic side of me that feels its a necessary thing to do. It doesn't make me feel anymore like a man for having done it, so I don't. I'll flank them so I can catch them with no where to hide instead. It seems I'm in the minority though. A lot of players now a days find that the closer they shoot someone, the more enjoyment they get out of it.

I've surrendered more players than I can count over the years, even at fields that didn't support the surrender rule. I will agree that there tends to be a lot of disagreement on the surrender rule. I blame the fields for having a very weak stance on it. Out of all the players I've ever surrendered, never has one of them ever attempted to turn on me. Every last one of them has taken a walk. Mostly because the only time I do it, is if I could have gotten you, no contest. When I do that, they know that as well as I do and happily go out.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #79 (permalink)
MCB Member

"some fields excluded, who have the "tap on the wall, everyone's dead" rules)."

I am always completely against this, the "tapping on a bunker" thing is a really terrible rule.

..."(correct me if I'm mistaken)"

Addressed on one of those pages you didn't read

"So while you can say you're just not one to give up, really, I feel like you just won't accept that you were bested, in a way...."

Is this addressed at me? If so, yes, I freely admit I'm just a terrible paintball player, I have no concept of tactical advantage of surrender, and I should just go back to the staging area and buy Gucci headbands and HK stickers on my iPhone. Is that enough to end this terrible creation that I hath wrought?
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #80 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Wait didnt you say you've never been bunkered, ever, then say you've been shot at 6 feet before? Like what were you doing, just chillin and not paying attention in the middle of nowhere, or were you deadman walking?

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone