mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #1111 (permalink)
Limited paint FTW

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
well, someone needs to invest in some edit software... haha!

BTW, Sony Movie Studio 12(vegas light) is on sale on amazon today for $29... I just got mine in the mail and it is SOOO much better than the old platinum version 10 I was using.
Tempting, I'm still using Sony vegas 8
Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #1112 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I can't imagine using 8... 10 worked great until I got my new faster laptop... Then it had issues with the sony software crashing, and clips turning black.

Playback was a hassle as you had to go through frame by frame to make sure it was where you wanted it.

The new one is so much better and utilizes all my ram and fast video card. It is a breath of fresh air.

Course last night I downloaded the "upgrade" for it... I hope it doesn't mess stuff up! as I didn't have time to test it out when it was done.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #1113 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

I'm still using Vegas 11 and really haven't had any problems with it. I'll have to look into 12 to see what features it has over 11.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #1114 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I would assume version 13 is right around the corner... So going from 11 to 12 might not be worth it.

They have a free 30 day trial on their site. Which is what I used when my version 10 kept crashing on a project I was doing this summer. I had 4 1080HD cameras that I was editing it all into one project... It was KILLING me with version 10. But, in version 12 it was simple! I wish I had done the upgrade sooner, as it was night and day difference.

Then my 30 days expired... And when I saw the sale last week, I jumped all over it. They usually come out with a new version each fall. Around next month typically. Course, I don't care about the latest software, as usually new stuff is buggy. Version 12 is the first version they have released a "update" for which is surprising for Sony, typically the version you buy is it... (they really only do work on the "high end" vegas pro software, and the low end version is just to get people used to the interface, hoping they will drop the hundreds on the high end product).

The free demo version of 12 isn't a 64 bit version, but the $29 is labeled as a true 64 bit editor. I haven't used the new version enough yet to really have an opinion on the difference between regular and 64 bit. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I should have time to edit tonight...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #1115 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9eO55AHbQ
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #1116 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Pretty cool and well done.

Have you tried Twixtor for your slow mo, its smooths out the lost frames from slowing things down. Give it a try...
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #1117 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

I like at 1:45, no offense, but its THE reason i hate speedball culture...you can see her jersey flex from taking hits in the front where she is bent over, can't see any breaks from this angle, but she never hesitates and continues to fire regardless of whether or not she is even still "in". "I'm in until the ref calls me out" mentality...

Nice videos though.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #1118 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Pretty cool and well done.

Have you tried Twixtor for your slow mo, its smooths out the lost frames from slowing things down. Give it a try...
Does Twixtor work equally well in premiere pro or would you advise to work in aae?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #1119 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Someone asked on one of my videos, what happens when I am playing as our teams sniper, and I run across the other teams sniper... Who would win that battle?...

Well, it happened this season. They had a sniper who pinned down our team, and I was the first player he pinned down. It took me a while, but I finally flanked him and here is the video where I was searching the brush looking for him... Can YOU spot the sniper? (watching 1080 full screen will help...).

Link for mobile
Paintball Sniper VS Sniper Can YOU spot the Sniper I am Hunting? - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfqL58vKIt8
Old 09-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #1120 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Does Twixtor work equally well in premiere pro or would you advise to work in aae?
Work in AE. It kinda of works in PP but it will give you nightmares.
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone