mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #261 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPFFFFT. JOINTS! WHO NEEDS 'EM?!

@Megatron: very nice video and gun haha. Got a good laugh out of it. looked like you had fun!
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #262 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Talked my team into RUSHING the other team... But, I'm becoming predictable, as I hadn't done it yet that day and the other team ASSUMED I would do that! So there was a HUGE firefight at the flag as they ALL stayed back to protect their base...

Good times! Featuring my ZoomCam, so YOU the viewer can SEE the paint fly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYc-Clxs-I

it is in 1080HD with 5.1 surround sound as well.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #263 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Final battle video from December last year, I made the start and then end but got a little bored editing the middle part of the video (and it shows).

Hope you enjoy it.

'And yes it does look like Yellow is about to beat Harb in the opening frame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zef3OwJip24?hd=1

Last edited by jincay; 02-14-2012 at 10:12 AM.
jincay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #264 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

So much paint. Much pain.

And RIP whitney!

Last edited by russc; 02-14-2012 at 02:40 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #265 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
So much paint. Much pain.

And RIP whitney!
That's one of the turnoffs of Supergame for me. It looks like fun, but I don't feel like being pelted nonstop. Those guys at the bus were probably kicking themselves for not having any grenades. Lob one of those over and you've got 30 eliminations just like that.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #266 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYMk4blrpM?hd=1

I went to the ref tower on the small field after getting shot out. This is one of the rare times we played on this field. It only can happen when there are less than 20 players total since it's too small otherwise. The main field is HUGE for anything under 20 players, so it works out nicely. Still, it was only the second time playing on this field and my second time out with the Phantom. Highlight video is in the works, to prove that I don't suck this much on a regular basis... only on a semi-regular basis.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #267 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
That's one of the turnoffs of Supergame for me. It looks like fun, but I don't feel like being pelted nonstop. Those guys at the bus were probably kicking themselves for not having any grenades. Lob one of those over and you've got 30 eliminations just like that.
Final battles tend to get like that but of you don't want to get **** that much you don't have to make the objective runs (or you could switch to airsoft or flower arranging).

There was a point were you could here a ref run around the bus checking all the players, he shouted out each and every white splat of paint from a grenade. probably got eight players with one throw.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #268 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Not going to lie, I avoid scenarios and big games like the plague. It isn't so much that I'm afraid of getting hit, but they have a few things I don't dig:

1. There are a ton of people, and they rejuv, so your impact on the game is limited.
2. engagement ranges are usually on the far limit of what I consider fun
3. you have to spray paint and hope you land a hit because of those engagement ranges
4. because the field is so packed, you can't move around effectively.
5. I play pump or limited semi, so I'm either ineffective or forced to use a gun I don't like.

I basically don't like being an anonymous hoser, so I stick to rec walk-on. No rejuv, no spray and pray, just 15-20 minutes of regular old paintball. paint skirmishes > paint wars. The idea that more people = more fun is a total joke.

I did have a great experience out in Grand Forks a few years ago, but I think that was 150 people max, and massive, massive wooded terrain which turned it into a bit of a stealth game which was awesome good fun.

Last edited by russc; 02-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #269 (permalink)
Bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Not going to lie, I avoid scenarios and big games like the plague. It isn't so much that I'm afraid of getting hit, but they have a few things I don't dig:

1. There are a ton of people, and they rejuv, so your impact on the game is limited.
2. engagement ranges are usually on the far limit of what I consider fun
3. you have to spray paint and hope you land a hit because of those engagement ranges
4. because the field is so packed, you can't move around effectively.
5. I play pump or limited semi, so I'm either ineffective or forced to use a gun I don't like.

I basically don't like being an anonymous hoser, so I stick to rec walk-on. No rejuv, no spray and pray, just 15-20 minutes of regular old paintball. paint skirmishes > paint wars. The idea that more people = more fun is a total joke.

I did have a great experience out in Grand Forks a few years ago, but I think that was 150 people max, and massive, massive wooded terrain which turned it into a bit of a stealth game which was awesome good fun.
We play some scenario games here in Ontario where it's very manageable to shoot an open class pump. I totally hear you on some of those points, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Finding a good paintball game outside your area is like trying to figure out which neighborhood is the best for buying drugs.
Current Markers:
The Modern Pirate - Convertible Feed Sheridan

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
RAZRBAKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #270 (permalink)

Patar, thank you very much...once the full vid is done you can laugh even more, I talk a load of BS when I'm playing paintball...must be lack of oxygen to the brain combined with the adrenaline :P

Russc: I can't speak for what sort of big games and scenario games you have over in Canada, but the UK ones have been designed mostly to be quite dynamic...we did have big games where it just ended up being two huge skirmish lines across the field longballing each other, all day long.

The more recent games are "capture the base" based, with several bases across the field giving points for each team holding it. It gets very close up and personal when you start attacking bases, and I didn't feel outgunned with the pump.

However I do agree, end of the day if reinsertions aren't done right and respawn corridors are placed in the wrong place it completely ruins the game!
Megatron1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone