mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Oh boy, that poor kid haha. Hey JJohnson, you did that SMG 60 video right? I think that deserves to be posted up.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
LOL nice surrender...
that kid: EEP!

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #73 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

LOL, that reaction was priceless! JJ, that field looks like it requires tetanus shots before entry, but I bet its a blast to play in all that junk!

Here's another one from Saturday...this was a pretty boring game but here's a funny moment from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAUFrDViBvo?hd=1

Last edited by russc; 11-22-2011 at 11:48 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #74 (permalink)
Limited paint FTW

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
LOL, that reaction was priceless! JJ, that field looks like it requires tetanus shots before entry, but I bet its a blast to play in all that junk!

Here's another one from Saturday...this was a pretty boring game but here's a funny moment from it:
I think it's the most I've ever scared anyone when asking for a surrender. The field is a junkyard, so there is plenty of stuff to get hurt on if you're not careful. Funny thing is that more people have gotten cuts/scratches/bruises from playing on the woods courses than from playing in the junkyard.

So did you hit him when you got him to look out? I couldn't tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Oh boy, that poor kid haha. Hey JJohnson, you did that SMG 60 video right? I think that deserves to be posted up.
Yep, that was me. I posted it probably a year ago, but i guess it can be in this thread too. I apologize for the messed up audio, I was just learning how to get my camera to work well with my editing software.

Oh and speaking of SMGs, anyone know where to get a new main spring? My velocity was only a whopping 230fps in that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYgU3X2LUH4?hd=1

Last edited by JJohnson; 11-23-2011 at 12:25 AM.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #75 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It wasn't a direct hit, I nicked the tree and splattered him enough to call out, though.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #76 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

That was a rockin' video. Totally badass sneaking around with an SMG in that fort.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #77 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post

I apologize for the messed up audio, I was just learning how to get my camera to work well with my editing software.

Oh and speaking of SMGs, anyone know where to get a new main spring? My velocity was only a whopping 230fps in that video.
I remember that video. It's a great one. If you were ever up to it, it would be an easy fix with virtualdub with the audio skew correction.

As for the SMG springs...just throw up a WTB ad here. They are the same as 68 Special springs, and those were pretty popular. That said, are you running a siphon tank to get liquid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Yeah, most people think they can get an "action" cam and it will show their play in a way that people want to watch...

Ahh, NO!

If you have a fisheye type action cam (like the go pro) and you shoot someone at 50 feet or more, you CAN'T see them... Those cameras are made for guys doing extreme sports where the PERSON doing the action is the focus, so you can feel what it feels like to participate.

But, in paintball (woodsball especially) it really isn't that neat to see a guy running around pointing his marker at the ground... And sadly TONS of players get cameras and put up footage that is like that, with no editing, and tons of shaky footage, that you can't see a SINGLE person getting shot out.

I shoot my video with the goal of being able to SEE who I am shooting at. If YOU the viewer can't see it, what is the point of making a video?
Agreed...I try to close distance for the sake of the camera. Outside of 20-30 feet, it's hard to track targets on the screen. I tend to like videos where the shooter picks his shots, too. If the player is constantly shooting, it's hard to tell when he actually has someone in his sights or is just throwing random cover fire.

I really like what this guy's done, I think he's got a camera sitting behind a secondary scope. It's airsoft, but some ideas still apply. Check out how you can see his heartbeat moving the gun around the 1:30 mark when he's trying to avoid plugging the guy in the face. That's killcam done right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudgmBT2O4o?hd=1

Last edited by russc; 11-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

This thread is turning into more than just videos; it's like a paintball shenanigans thread. Very amusing videos by all.

JJ, I think if you had asked for that kid's lunch money, he probably would have given it to you.

russc, I think that's just an external cam; no scope. I'd bet he drew the crosshairs on there afterwards.

As far as distance, as a matter of general gameplay, I always try to close within 30-40 feet. Caveat for filmmaking: 30-40 feet is danger zone, so I go into snapshooting mode. I pop out for a shot and then I'm back in, sometimes before the paint's landed.

So I think FreeEnterprise's strategy of using zoom is actually a pretty good one, because the distance allows you to loiter a little longer and get the full shot.

A couple of headshots start at 8:30 in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZAFZMGRaFU

First headshot, I'm back behind the bunker when the sound of the paint hitting the mask arrives (I think that's the sound).

Second headshot, nearly the same situation.

I really wish the footage of those two was better, but thems the breaks.

Although sometimes, it's the fact that the camera can't see the target, and even the shooter himself can't see the target that makes the shot interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1to4G3cTcU4#t=4m50s

(At about 4:50, I don't have visual line of sight on the player; his bunker is partially obscured by the bunker in front of it, but his gun is so loud I could have shot him with my eyes closed.)

By the way, boring footage of cameras pointed at ground? Good opportunity to see the player's shadow and see what he's wearing, especially what he looks like when he's running, etc.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 11-23-2011 at 04:40 AM.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #79 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I went to a field where I knew no one... And had a great time, but ran out of paint. I shot out one guy who threw a complete fit... Then his brother came to avenge him and I shot him too... He fussed as well. The ref was standing right behind me as I was shooting out so many of their players that the ref said it was just easier to stand there and call them out as I shot. I wish you could see like my new camera because it was so fun.

I don't like to just "call myself out without getting shot, so I did this. (this was a few years ago, so quality isn't that great).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUC63H1YckE?hd=
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #80 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Cheers. It's a small but dedicated group of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
You know what, I need to comment on this again. I am so impressed with the gameplay and quality of this video that I think this video will become my response when people ask me "what is paintball like?". Great job.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone