mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #791 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sideswipe, I assume you've played a few games with the dude from PaintcheckPB? equally funny shenanigans
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #792 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
Sideswipe, I assume you've played a few games with the dude from PaintcheckPB? equally funny shenanigans
That's one of my best friends. He was using my Karni most of the day.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #793 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Enterprise, there you go again w/ your "300 ft" kill...seriously dude, you need to learn to judge distance better. (that was NOT the distance of a full size football field) Or just stop screaming about it whenever you think you get one. Only ppl i know for sure that can hit ppl as consistently as you claim to at those distances are players using closed-bolt pumps. There are reasons you got the responses you did on your range thread. /rant

Looked fun though, wish i coulda come, but had already made plans to play at my local field with some guys i hardly see anymore. I just wish i could play in the snow more often, completely different dynamic.

Hopefully i'll have a vid up shortly from one of our speedball games, the last dude had noo idea he was about to get bunkered and shot in the buttocks. (hurray for a nice new DSLR that can take HD vid...and glad i remembered that when i saw this lining up...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F829iy5huUo

Last edited by panhead4411; 12-31-2012 at 03:16 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #794 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Enterprise, there you go again w/ your "300 ft" kill...seriously dude, you need to learn to judge distance better. (that was NOT the distance of a full size football field) Or just stop screaming about it whenever you think you get one. Only ppl i know for sure that can hit ppl as consistently as you claim to at those distances are players using closed-bolt pumps. There are reasons you got the responses you did on your range thread. /rant

Looked fun though, wish i coulda come, but had already made plans to play at my local field with some guys i hardly see anymore. I just wish i could play in the snow more often, completely different dynamic.

Lol, I can judge distance fine... I have gotten many players out at that spot over the years.

I've even made a video showing this ability. I used a tape measure in a straight line and filmed me shooting 350 feet. UP hill in my driveway. This was using regular paint, not first strikes and an Apex barrel on my Tippmann A-5.

Paintball Sniper Assassin Ninja A-5 Apex 2 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CorD-WygPE

Proving long distance shots are real is one of the reasons I built my ZoomCam in the first place. I was getting those kills, but couldn't show it on video. My new ZoomCam goes even further out. I was filming with it at around 18X zoom... Then zooming in more on the HD files digitally with my edit gear. That is why he looks close in the video...

Here is the actual game, you can see for yourself how far away it was with my helmet cam. You can't even see the guy he is so far away (first kill in the video). I was far right of the outhouse about half way down the hill shooting down the hill and across the creek to the big tree that lays across where guys always hide. I dropped the paint right on his hopper from all the way across the field. It took a bunch of shots to do it, but it is clearly on the video...

BLIZZARD, Perfect for Woodsball! Game1,12.29.12 Trails of Doom Paintball in the SNOW! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBY_VyiyONs

Playing in the snow is a blast! You guys would have loved it!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #795 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Okay, trying not to flame, NO, i'm NOT disputing it is physically possible for a paintball to fly 300+ft, and YES, you CAN see him after he stands up with your helmet cam. I challenge you to measure from the spot you are standing to the spot he was. I doubt is it 300ft. Using a map, the back of each camp is barely 300ft apart using crude measuring tools. I have already posted detailed information using your own video (dissected using simple math/physics/geometry) to prove my case (in your range thread). There is also the fact i know you have an occasional habit of mixing paint...might also explain when particular balls fly particularly far.

Using your "zoom cam" does not "prove" range. One thing that can prove range is actual measuring devices, not the fact you "had" to zoom in to see him. This is not the place for this discussion, if you ever get that rangefinder and take it back there like you said you were going to, then we'll know better (still will be a hard read with all the branches). Post hard data in your range thread if you want to convince those of us doubters.

And we did have fun at our field, just wish we coulda done both. Your property having a bit more nature and contour.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #796 (permalink)

Wow people will nit pick anything these days. Let it be panhead...jeez.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #797 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What's it matter? They're nice kills regardless of how far it is, especially with all the branches and foliage he's shooting through..

The videos are entertaining. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to have built up a tolerance to hyperbole?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #798 (permalink)
MCB Member

Come on....all guys say its longer than it really is ;0

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #799 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

I have been filming Indoor Paintball over Xmas Break. I thought I would be helpful and make this quick video on how to film and then clean up footage (post production) when filming indoors.

I hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0cS9b4Xnuo
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #800 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXM_SRODk34

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone