mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to eric

what builds the best scenario team/team in general

hey there

ive got some guys together i know and they all want todo the scenario team thing and we were talking about clothing for it and etc....

the two of them that are starting it are stuck with the idea that camo is the comsume all life saving aid for paintball

me on the other hand ive said just all black (like what swat would wear)
and that its the tactics and guts that you need on the field

for those of you who do the team thing what drives your team todo what they do? im looking for some ideas to kinda throw around while brainstorming with them

im still in it for the tactics and guts part and not the conseal all camo

eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Honestly, all black doesn't help too much on a paintball field. It's hot, and it sticks out almost as bad as colour.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

the field here is more of a urban town (its called the tac town)
and im using black along with any other color

basicly im going for the it doesnt matter if you wear camo its the tactics and teamwork

edit: before it sounds like a rant im not worried over that stuff

im looking for the other things that makes scenario team what it is (as in the tactics)

Old 06-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Camo is formed to your surroundings. It's all about what you play the most. What color is everything? Will you be coming out of the woods into urban? Plus camo clothing is worn loose. This will help brake the body pattern up behind brush or in the shadows.
Tactics depends on what you really want to be or form. An average fire team is 1-2 squad auto,1-2 M203. The rest carry small arms and rifles. You have to have como(radios) and someone to control fire. Everyone needs to carry nades as well. 360 fighting would be nice to practice,squad movements,leap frog method,heart method,Who's in charge if the leader goes down. Proper placement of personel in the squad,M203 on stand by when someone needs a dead spot cleared etc,etc,etc,etc. I know I still have about 15 more manuals to go thru but there is a word limit on this forum lol.
So alot of time and consideration has to be taken when developing a team. First thing you really have to ask yourself "Can we afford it"? Who's going to be who and will they spend the money. I wouldn't really hold stock in ops gear forum for answers. I would look for books on squad tactics at your local Army Surplus. Hope this helps. This is the reason I started team Rogue,no practice nor team assignments. It's just about having fun.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

http://dmzpaintball.ca/images/tac_town.jpg
http://dmzpaintball.ca/images/townwall.jpg
http://dmzpaintball.ca/images/area88pilot.jpg
http://dmzpaintball.ca/images/woodsmarine.jpg

this is from the field that they had wanted to go all camo on and worry about with camo

where i had wanted to kinda skip that go with the simple all black and worry about the things you had said

like the positions and who takes over whos spot once they get out

i'll definatly try to find some books on it at the surplus (i think theres still one around)

ive choosen to leave the small team they had (3-4 people) and plan on picking up some of the more stand up players i know at the field that arent on the fields hometeam

Old 06-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Wow, that was fast! On the team and then off, all in an hour! But, you have to work with folks you feel comfortable with, so you probably did the right thing. They'll look good in the staging area!

The best bet is to worry about getting together and gelling as a team first, then worry about the team look. You'd probably be playing before everyone got their camo in anyway.

Speaking of camo, as BR said, they need to look at their terrain, AND the terrain of any field that's a possible "go to" in the future. The team I'm on decided on urban camo just because we didn't want to look like everyone else. Another team, the Black Knights, go all black with colored accents on their goggles to tell them apart (MrBlack, MrBlue, MsViolet, etc.). I've been leaning ore towards black BDU pants and a Hawai'ian shirt myslef, so I break from the team mode - but no one really cares. We're out there to have fun and create chaos for the opposing forces.

Communication is a good thing to decide on, even before what type of camo to use, as it helps to know where your other teammates are and what they're doing and if they need help.

If the field(s) you plan to play at allow tanks, then someone (or a couple) will need LAWs to take them out. You might even want to consider a tank yourself - they can be the man-portable PUG tanks. One guy at our scenario field (Mothman of the Pukin' Dogs) even built a helicopter in a similar fashion as a PUG tank (which he also built, BTW).

Grenades are a scenario possibility, check with the field first though. Most allow the typical paint grenade, while the field we play at also allows tennis balls with a stub on them as "grenades" to take out bunkers and immobilize tanks.

Become intimate with the scenario rules for where you plan to play.

Roleplaying is fun! It's also possibly worth points for your team, and let's the scenario producer know you and your team are willing to help out.

In summary:

1) Team up with folks you like and those who have a similar viewpoint on playing as you.
B) Communication is a necessity. Invest in good radios.
iii) Consider arming some wiht LAWs and/or making a tank in the future.
d) If there's a chance to roleplay a part, do it. It's fun, may help your side with points, and let's the scenario producer know you want to help out to make the best game possible.
V) Become familiar with the fields scenario rules.
6) HAVE FUN!! It's just a game, keep that in perspective!

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I vote for Tiger Stripe pants and tye dye t-shirts.

From what it sounded was that you were wanting to set up a team for the Milsim House League.
So now your just wanting a group of guys to get together and run as a loosely fit team.

Maybe we can get a bunch together by "Dawn of the Dead" in Sept so we can be a force like the "Devil Dogs". Got to love the deal Jerry gets for the bus trip, Coach Liner to and from the event(1 3/4hr drive), entry fee and case of paint for $90
Ratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Just go out and have fun.

The best scenario teams are built off the field. This means everyone gets along well on and off the field, basically a team of friends. Don't worry about the material end of things (guns, camo etc) and just go out to play some ball.

And don't let people pick their positions on the field... what they think they are and what they really are on field can generally be 2 differnet things.... My "commander" on my team is brutal being a leader, he's just too nice a guy to bark out orders at someone. However he makes a great rifleman.

EDIT: Wow, in the time it took me to type this, 4 more responces....
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

what they had planned on doing is the milsim house league

what i want is a group of guys i can go out with and we all know what we're doing. you are right with the being like the devil dogs

all im looking todo is put together 6-8 people and everyone going out there and know what they are doing instead of trying to blend in and not get seen

i was at dmz last week and hardly no one did anything besides the devil dogs
there would be the 3 or 4 of us always up at the front and a bunch of people (rentals and owners) pilled in the back not shooting and just sitting

anyways if you want to start up a small team with myself and some others give me a shout and we can makeup a small milsim team...there will be tie dye included

edit: slow on the typing myself to (the last bit was for ratzo there incase anyone was confused)

Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Getting along with members is the most important thing. Here is something you should do. When ever the thought of starting a team enters my mind, I do several things.
1 I look at the types of players. What's their attitude
2 Are they asking about sponsership right away.
3 What can they commit. Can they practice during the week? Do they have the cash?
4 Are they what I really want.
5 what is their maturaty level.
6 Can they take orders
7 Are they only interested in one type of game
8 Are they just trend followers in the game
etc,etc.
Usually I never ask a single person. Thus the creation of Team Rogue lol. I'm everything on the team cell and have fun doing it. We are looking for members if your interested in joining. Actually anyone can join on MCB lol. We even have a cool patch lol.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone