mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lazy Longballer

Send a message via AIM to Niterocker

I don't that the reputation of the Squall or Microsquall rests on its loading system, but rather the quality of the construction. A fasst changer and extended feed knob makes it easy enough for me...

-Keith
(hajkowski@aol.com)
Niterocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

If your going for the coolness factor, id go with a 3357, or a sheridan with a k-frame.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

..does anyone know offhand how much an RP feed on a Squall would run?

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

The standard answer for PPS pricing questions is, call PPS and ask. It avoids misunderstandings.
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I assumed I would get an answer like that, I was just curious of a rough estimate because I've very seldom heard of this being done.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

I'm not familiar with the loading system either, so I'm curious as well. It may be worth a post over at the POG forum.
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Keith, I don't claim to be a great pistol player, but I do claim that I've been doing it a long, long time and for the last several years I haven't done anything but play pistol.
I submit that your satisfaction was so high because your expectations are SO low, too low even.

What I was trying to say is that if you are using a pistol as a primary in 'large team open play with any fire mode allowed'(which is about PB Stud's only choice around here) then the loading system is the difference between running around looking good getting shot up and being able to make an impact as a player.
Have you shot over 200 rounds through a spring fed pistol in a fifteen minute game? what if you had ever needed to, could you have?
I did last saturday morning(50 people on a team) and didn't even live the whole game(I got shot trying to bunker the last player, but I parted his hair for him with a bounce off of his head before he got me). For me that was only 4 paintballs per player on the other team, not alot really, but impossible without the front loading gate.
Once again, I'm not trying to say I'm great, what I am saying is that the spring fed pistol format is capable of WAY more than people ask of it.

I've shot about 30,000 paintballs in the 2 years I've been using this zeus as my primary(I have a season pass ), it's dependable enough for my needs and still going strong. I flexhoned the barrel to .689, the size of insert most use for our field paint and it's as accurate from a rest as any other paintball gun. So while I certainly wouldn't compare it to the quality of a Palmer product, if i had to play a game to win I wouldn't trade my cheapo zeus for ANY rear loading or magazine loading pistol ever made, however pretty.

Rob

P.S. Schmavis you know I love the 3357, but the field paint thing's a killer, I want alot of opponents and I want them to use anything that makes them comfortable, that way they won't have any excuses when I shoot them anyway
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If you havn't already you could always take the AGD Sidearm...has the quality of AGD that everyone loves.
-Josh
JoshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Gear fanatic.

Send a message via AIM to Omega Chief

I think that if your looking for a sidearm you need to think of it as your primary. People love sidearms and like to think along the lines of "If my gun breaks... If I run out of paint..." but in reality you probably will not use it if this is the case. It's an entirely different game when your playing with a pistol, so you should either go all the way with a palmers something or whatever works for you, or you should take the cheaper route and treat it as a novelty.

I played for awhile with a PGP and I must say, it was alot of fun. If your playing in the woods you'll probably have a hard time though. But in close quarters or a speedball match it's all about the movement and you shoud do fine. PGP's however are tanks, their cheap, and they are extremely accurate. Mine shot great, even at longer ranges, you just had to lob it a bit, but as far as right and left it was never off.

I say either take a PGP, or save up some cash for a T-8 or a palmers. Most of the time people have alot of problems with the spyder like pistols, but if you can find a good deal on one it's worth a shot. (like $60 or less in good condition... with extra parts)

-Omega Chief
Omega Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

That's my view too, Omega Chief, max it out or leave it home, heh-heh.

I played alot with an AGD Sydarm and it suffers from lack of efficiency and like the TAG8, a little bit too much shootdown in rapid fire. The paint load on the sydarm is where my idea for this came from:

It doesn't look like much, but WOW does it make a difference.

This is my idea for the perfect primary pistol(from a discussion on SCP):
Quote:
My truly, money-no-object, perfect pistol would be a squall with the RP style feed, since you wouldn't need the back plug, I would have them move the ram up to the top(behind the feed tube) and move the rock under the bottom tube in front of the triggerguard(like where a laser or taclight would be) and cut a side dropout for the co2. This awesome pistol would then be only ONE tube wide and could fire a pretty much continuous stream of paint until you ran out of 10rd tubes! These options would make it function with the speed of my zeus yet give me the dependability and durability of a Palmer gun!
Rob
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone