mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

@tippmannrocker
It was a luck out of a find. I went in to the shop and there it was. A local kid had owned it and sold it to the shop; so I traded them my MQ2'ed yak'ed e-cocker for it.
Now she has a CP HPR, an AKA SMC3 LPR, Cp adjustable Ram Cap, CP Trigger, Freak Kit, Pops ASA, Lurker Eigen Ram, and going to be tossing in the Tadao USB OLED probably tomorrow. All that is left are some grips from Stinger, and maybe a Fibur barrel. If I can convince myself that I like the far end of my gun to have that little mass.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
not your average redneck

I can't seem to find one that isn't beat up for under $500 which is over my budget for now (hopefully not for long). I would gladly trade my cocker for once in decent shape. My gripe is that the people who actually take care of the guns nicely are often the ones who are not going to be selling them..
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

The body was not in the best of shape, but nothing horrendous. It was definitely a shooter's gun.
Seriously, I cannot stress the phenomenal smoothness and consistency we are getting with the following combination of mods: CP HPR, Lurker Eigen Ram, AKA SCM3 LPR, and a Freak Kit.
I will try to get some video of it, but a friend of mine did that with his A Bomb, and well he was getting +/- 1.6 FPS over a Virtue Clock.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Yeah, I really miss the good old days when I could run out and blow my money on a rifled, spiral ported barrel for my venturi-bolt'd magic box'd automag with reactor on/off and hurricane labs reg back with 8-hole mod and expansion chamber.

Awesome!

Bless Smart Parts. I hope they come back and start making upgrades for guns again.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB lurker.

And classic markers were built to last, my old Spyder is still going strong, and in great shape! I also think older markers feel better. But I cracked the detent cover, I was actually upset about that.

killjoywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Yeah, I really miss the good old days when I could run out and blow my money on a rifled, spiral ported barrel for my venturi-bolt'd magic box'd automag with reactor on/off and hurricane labs reg back with 8-hole mod and expansion chamber.

Awesome!

Bless Smart Parts. I hope they come back and start making upgrades for guns again.
Sad thing is, back when I got my RT Pro, I picked up and Armson Rifled Barrel, and it was the best barrel for the paint we were using.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
I hate how there is no customization today. everyone owns the exact same setup.
No kidding, I was trying a different field the other day, and just about everyone shot an axe or a mini, or an etek. That was pretty much it. Noting cool or unusual there. When I pulled out my bushmaster everyone was like "what the hell?" It was kind of sad...
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
flinging poo

I just picked up a Bob Long Defiant. Same color (yellow green fade) that I had in '99!
paintballmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone