mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Nice job on the chop, i'm digging it shorter as well.
Looks like the kits are going to be $200 and coming out in June according to Doug Brown (PsiOps) on the Milsig FB page
crenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
200 bucks???

damn...maybe I'll go with cooky's option to put a stock and top rail on a tpx

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

The M 17 is a hybrid spool / blow forward so I have been told. We were not allowed to take it apart at the show. Its also full auto and First Strike capable. The price is going to be between $500 and $600 bucks. The release date will be around June 1.

I personally can't wait. The M 17 is a lot lighter and more compact than the current K-Series markers and just feels right in my hands. I think it is going to be a huge hit in the mag fed market.....which is getting bigger everyday. I'm having a blast watching players figure out shooting less paint is just as much fun. It reminds me of the old days. Looking back now I'm wondering why I resisted being the USA MILSIG distributor for so long.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiworx View Post
The M 17 is a hybrid spool / blow forward so I have been told. We were not allowed to take it apart at the show. Its also full auto and First Strike capable. The price is going to be between $500 and $600 bucks. The release date will be around June 1.

I personally can't wait. The M 17 is a lot lighter and more compact than the current K-Series markers and just feels right in my hands. I think it is going to be a huge hit in the mag fed market.....which is getting bigger everyday. I'm having a blast watching players figure out shooting less paint is just as much fun. It reminds me of the old days. Looking back now I'm wondering why I resisted being the USA MILSIG distributor for so long.
does that mean it can just fire a first strike round, or it has a mag that will feed FS rounds?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
does that mean it can just fire a first strike round, or it has a mag that will feed FS rounds?
It will except First Strike mags that MILSIG is going to produce. They will (of course) be different from the standard 20 round MILSIG magazine...which will (of course) work in the M 17 as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Okay, I've never been a fan of body kits for pistols- The T8 and TipX breakdown process (i.e. breach break problems) are involved enough- I definitely do not want to add more steps to the process.

With that out of the way, a spool driven, First Strike mag-fed marker is a good thing. Let's hope that they can match the feed reliability of the FN303. It's a problem that occasionally rears it's head even on the Tiberius guns.

Honestly, I don't want to see FS rounds come down in price. Here's why:

I believe that there should be round diversity on the field:
.50 for extreme capacity, and short range
.68 for moderate capacity and moderate range
FS for limited capacity (in part due to the extra cost) and extended range

Honestly, I don't think they'll ever be as cheap as paintballs due to the production process and raw materials. This is even assuming that there was dedicated manufacturing equipment for them. Currently, they share the same equipment used to produce the FN303 (weaponized) rounds).

Other comments on the M-17:

A velocity knob on the side of the marker (next to the ROF knob)?? I hope they include a non-field adjustable velocity adjuster as standard.

If it's pneumatically driven full auto, I wonder how loud/quiet it is (i.e. compared to an ATS marker)
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.

Last edited by uv_halo; 03-07-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added comments after watching the latest video
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Anyone know about updates to the release date of the M17? Is it even coming out? i find it kinda weird that milsig would release a very similar product to the para pro at a lower price point but i guess it will coem down to if the m17 will stack up in terms of reliabality and so on.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone