mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
my solution for the team that wont split up....

call em out.

stand in the middle of the field.

tell them to split up, and that the team is ABC vs XYZ

if they dont....
split the teams up without them.

have half walk, half stay
when they either walk or stay
now 1 team has more say hey 2 of you guys need to go to the other end

we had that problem at my old indoor field.

they would come on a rec day and play 5 vs walkons/renters all day
they wiped, they cheated, they cursed, they were stoner idiots
nobody liked em, nobody could really beat em as a team.
but when you split them up, they sucked, they fell apart, they went away.

IF THE REF WONT TAKE CONTROL, SOMEBODY HAS TO.

Good Idea!

And I wanted to reiterate this point

maybe one more time too

Just make sure its you and dont give that 'team' the chance to take it for themselves, because they have before and will again if given the chance...
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #52 (permalink)

When I played last week I was playing with my sniper with autotrigger and I just so happened to be the last guy left on my team so when this happens I was able to hold off a 3 vs 1 for about 5min (in the woods). Then the reff yells out just go get him he's only got a pump . So now I have three kids with elecrtos charging at me! I get hit and raise my arms yelling out and still get blasted by abot 10-12 more shots. I started yelling at this kid and he kinda got scared and said that he did not hear me yell out. My team even said that they heard me across the field. Later I heard someone say that he goes "deaf" on the field and he can never hear his team. Don't really matter tough because I won a by myself with three guys against me later in the day. With my "stupid" pump gun!
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Muffinman you aren't all that far from me. I'd be interested to know what field...I'd also be interested in showing them how to play properly.

Also to repeat this one more time....

Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiones View Post
Muffinman you aren't all that far from me. I'd be interested to know what field...I'd also be interested in showing them how to play properly.

Also to repeat this one more time....

http://playeraffinity.com/images/punisher2.jpg

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by potts213 View Post
When I played last week I was playing with my sniper with autotrigger and I just so happened to be the last guy left on my team so when this happens I was able to hold off a 3 vs 1 for about 5min (in the woods). Then the reff yells out just go get him he's only got a pump . So now I have three kids with elecrtos charging at me! I get hit and raise my arms yelling out and still get blasted by abot 10-12 more shots. I started yelling at this kid and he kinda got scared and said that he did not hear me yell out. My team even said that they heard me across the field. Later I heard someone say that he goes "deaf" on the field and he can never hear his team. Don't really matter tough because I won a by myself with three guys against me later in the day. With my "stupid" pump gun!
Haha What field was this at if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Lexiones- Ill shoot you a PM.

Stanchy/Stilgar- I love that Idea, I think Im going to give that a run next time.

Thanks for everything thus far guys/gals!
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #57 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
True, it is fun playing with your friends, but how much fun can you really have pounding new players all day. Its a lot MORE fun shooting your friends! My goal during a normal day of play is to try and shoot out my team mates at least once...I find it a HUGE challenge and it keeps my day fun.

No. I don't think grabbing another electro and blasting back is a strategy that works. The guys the OP is talking about obviously prefer that type of game anyway. So all that be accomplished from trying to hose them back is a waste of time, money, paint, and anger....The OP and anyone for that matter is far better off just physically moving to a different field and expressing their concerns to the field owners...over and over and over again...
No I agree with you. In the situation where there are rentals and newer players, yes a team who regularly plays together should split up to balance teams. And yes, shooting your teammates/friends is more of a challenge and more fun than "pounding" new players. I'm just saying that I can get where the guys the OP is refering to are coming from.

Sometimes the strategy works and sometimes it doesn't lol. And I am definitely not saying to do it out of anger. It's probably not the "correct" way to deal with the problem but what I am saying is sometimes people just deserve and *** beating

FYI: USPS Flatrate IS the same price when shipping to Alaska...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MKEphotography
Marbo40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
BSAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbo40k View Post
Yeah this happens every now and then. I can kindof get not wanting to split up though. It's always more fun if you can play with your team instead of against it. I will usually put up with it for a while if groups like that don't want to split but if they start going over the top or really wasting walkons/rentals, there is a time to put away the pumps and pull the electro and return the bonus ball-overshooting-bunkering style.
I love playing against members of my team. They are some of the best players I know and since they know how I play it keeps me on my toes. Best way to learn new tricks is when you play your buddies that know all of yours.

I did not give MAR any mayo...it just wouldn't be right to unleash that upon this Earth.

Most Generously Sponsored By:

My Wallet
BMayo713 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone