mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Unhappy Intentional Over-balling?

Im not trying to spark some kind of huge marker debate, or put my local fields out of any buisness, but this is something Ive noticed more and more, and its really starting to bug me.

There are only two fields within reasonable proximity to my home. Both have fair rules, decent prices, and are generally fun. Yesturday I went to one of these fields to play some walk-on games. Keep in mind I am not an experienced player, hardly recreational at best, and I generally like to just have fun. I was playing with the KT Splatty I just got from Ivan, and having some fun with the walk ons that were there. Most weere renters, or had your usual low end semi stuff, no big deal; there was even an electro spyder in the mix until it when down with bugs.

About halfway through the day, five players from one of the local teams show up, and join in. They refuse to balance teams, insisting they stick together. To avoid raising any trouble, we left it go. They quickly insist on playing airball fields only, and utilize tournament style play, rate of fire, and aggression on what are predominately new players. Multiple hit bunkering with no surrenders offered are common; as are second bursts after players are called out. Due to understaffing, there is no secondary walk-on ref. The primary ref refuses to take any action.

Eventually, the original walk-ons begin to call it quits, until it is me and one friend left. 4 players had left the fields and gone home due to these unenjoyable tactics. After putting up with it for another few games, me and my friend also left. I have never been so embittered by a day of play.

We talked to the field owner and complained, but to no avail. Like I had said before, this is becomming more and more common at both local fields. Its like we are back in first grade, and havent learned to share.

I really hate to say it, but this is killing my desire to play the sport.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior?
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
I've porked many

Get some paint grenades to throw on the airball field. They are not that effective, but while funny, it does tend to piss off the pro-mindset players.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

So tell both owners that you will not come back and that any new business you might have sent to them will be joining you for some outlaw ball.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
"Has this ever happened to you?"

Yeah. That's what sparked a rise in the popularity of MCB.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
See if you can find a milsim type field in your area that does not have an airball field. It is what I have done in the past. It seems like that group is more laid back.. but not always..
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Pillage- Ive tried that once, but 2/3 never went off, and werent even noticed. The one that did, did absolutely nothing. It was fairly funny though.

Desert- I really dont want to directly threaten either field owner, as I have known both for nearly nine years now. I regular both fields. Outlaw opportunities are far and few in my area as well. Most open farmland isnt ideal. haha.

93- Unfortunately there really isnt. One of the two "local" fields is nearly a 90 minute drive as-is.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

If there were only 5 of them why didn't you tell them to sod off and play on the airball field on their own?
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

bring it up the attention of the field owner
Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
You said those guys only wanted to play the airball fields right? Stay off those fields and play the more recball ones. Tell them "hey if you guys don't like this field don't play. More guys need to be like LilShank's crew in Boise. Those guys are a ball to play ball with.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
I've porked many

I used a couple of the Blackrain grenades, they worked like a champ. Water balloons full of paint work well too.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone