mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
I do think they have a different dynamic. But they have more in common than not.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
meh, what the hell

I play both SC (Carter Machine Buzzard) and pistol (Tiberius T8) and agree, that they are similar in the aspect of limited paint, but I think that is where the similarities end. I carry less paint regardless of which I am shooting, but I can definitely throw more paint with my Buzzard over the course of a day than I do with my T8.
The T8 allows me to make faster, more aggressive moves since I have the ability to fire off a few shots rapidly to take out any opponent that I may get close to in the process. With the Buzzard. I usually make a semi-stupid move and get a little closer, eliminate opponents in a snap battle, shooting more paint than I would with my pistol, then move up again.

I tend to fight in snap shooting most of the time, but I think that the pistol has the "knife edge" factor. Allowing the more aggressive (read: stupid) moves while the stock class marker leans toward more of a methodical, eliminate and advance style of play.

.02c
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
While I don't have a problem with semi auto pistols jumping into "pump only" games or fun event, I DO have a problem if semi auto pistols try and play in a pump only tournament.

When there are actual points/trophy/money/prizes on the line, it's different in my book.

Jay

P.S. I fully agree a S6 will shoot faster for longer than a semi auto pistol.

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
Am I pistol guy or a SC guy?
You are a paintballer who doesn't like a hopper.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
I personally find that stock class guns are at their best (most fun) in a pistol configuration.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I think that the pistol has the "knife edge" factor. Allowing the more aggressive (read: stupid) moves while the stock class marker leans toward more of a methodical, eliminate and advance style of play.

.02c
Exactly. This is what I meant by different dynamic between the two. The pump castle game coming up is a good example of the differences. I beleive addng pistols to that game would change the dynamic a lot, whereas the PP big game it wouldn't make as much of a difference.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
You are a paintballer who doesn't like a hopper.
I must be. I looked in my "serviceable hopper" bin, and only came out with a winchester 50 and a sportshot. And even those are too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I tend to fight in snap shooting most of the time, but I think that the pistol has the "knife edge" factor. Allowing the more aggressive (read: stupid) moves while the stock class marker leans toward more of a methodical, eliminate and advance style of play.
Yea thats what I love about pistols, the general badassery leading up to to a pointless and stupid elimination. I tend to not be very patient with a stock class marker in my hands, seeking to press the advantage of mobility and snapshooting that I have over the guy with half a dozen pods, a huge roboloader and a gigantic air system. I might need to keep on the lookout for a pair of used pistols, it might be a fun diversion from stock class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
While I don't have a problem with semi auto pistols jumping into "pump only" games or fun event, I DO have a problem if semi auto pistols try and play in a pump only tournament.

When there are actual points/trophy/money/prizes on the line, it's different in my book.

Jay

P.S. I fully agree a S6 will shoot faster for longer than a semi auto pistol.
Seriously? I would have a problem with a pistol in a stock class only tournament, but a pump tourney? A T2 in the right hands can shoot faster, and have a MUCH longer stream then any pistol on the market. Coming from someone who plays stock class and pistol in pump tournaments I will comfortably say pistols are incredibly outclassed against open class pumps.

A Semi pistol might be able to shoot slightly faster then an open class pump, but your stream of shots is limited to ~7-8. With a T2 I can put 200 rounds on you without ever needing to move anything but the pump handle, and I can reload those 200 rounds much faster then a pistol player reloads his 7-8.
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

There's definitely some difference, as the ability to dump all 10 rounds in a second or two gives the semi-auto pistol a unique tactical tool that the SC gun just doesn't have, but I do agree they probably have more in common than not. You have to watch how much you shoot, choose your shots wisely, and move for the kill more than open-class players.

I think the good SC player is going to be REALLY scary when you put a semi in his hands, the only trick being to nail the reloading process as springfeeds are somewhat more cumbersome than a jam feed. I play pistol the majority of the time but still have a healthy respect for the guys with patience enough to get skilled at true stock class.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I think that semi pistols are fine in open pump games. As others have said modern open class pumps with auto trigger can outshoot most pistols.

I don't think that semi pistols should play in SC games. I'm no purist by any means but SC is pump action rock and cock, 12gr, and stick feed. I don't care about barrel porting, 12gr changing methods and the little stuff.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone