mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFNCwsaJ1E
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Pretty sure complaining about negativity is still negativity.

Rewind the clock 7 years.

Youtube didn't exist, so you would have had to host your videos yourself and pay for the storage + bandwidth.

No 5th gen iPod Nano for you also now that I think about it.

And definitely, definitely no decent paintball pistols for you to play with.

Literally, you kids don't know how good you have it.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
It's simple... I am one ofthe guys that is regularly shot out. No need to get upset. I play for fun and a bit of exercise. The company I keep is *WHAT* makes the day enjoyable.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a group that I ball with that is great. No B****s. No Hotheads. Skill and Fun.
Many other places/groups are sad, Sickening even. When I state Negativity, I mean in the entire picture. Its not just in one section of the sport its everywhere: wallets, cliques, industry leaders, "cutthroat" in leagues and companies. Adults acting like children. There is no sport* that comes close.. I just wish things were different~

7 years before I would use a PGP (those are fun), 3rd POV videos.. that would have sufficed, no youtube, I would keep the videos for personal viewing to better myself (which is what the original plan was for the videos). The glare of positivity needs to spread..

Last edited by MIDNIGHTANGELZ; 03-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGELZ View Post
I have a group that I ball with that is great. No B****s. No Hotheads. Skill and Fun.
Many other places/groups are sad, Sickening even. When I state Negativity, I mean in the entire picture. Its not just in one section of the sport its everywhere: wallets, cliques, industry leaders, "cutthroat" in leagues and companies. Adults acting like children. There is no sport* that comes close.. I just wish things were different~

7 years before I would use a PGP (those are fun), 3rd POV videos.. that would have sufficed, no youtube, I would keep the videos for personal viewing to better myself (which is what the original plan was for the videos). The glare of positivity needs to spread..
Ever played adult league softball? How about adult league basketball? I have done both for almost as long as I've been paintballing, and both of those sports are significantly worse than paintball. I've seen screaming matches in paintball; I've seen fistfights in softball. I've seen shoves in paintball; I've seen blindside elbows to the head in basketball. I would hypothesize that any sport that involves legal physical contact brings out much more dangerous behavior than the whining and crying in paintball. Also, when was the last time you saw an entire team get tanked at a keg in the parking lot before a paintball game like happens dozens of time every weekend in softball and other adult leagues?

There are negative whiners, babies, and hyper-competitive jerks in every human activity. What determines if YOU have fun is how YOU handle seeing it. You're not getting rid of them, so you have to find opportunities to avoid them, or find ways to make peace with being around them.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Its all about the company you keep. I've been playinbg a lot for the last 7 years, and its mostly MCB meetups and EMR games. I don't need bs ruining my paintball.
+1. I support a good field that supports me. I have fun or I go home.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

if you want to make a difference, show your support for players, fields and businesses that make the game better and maintain the positive aspects... boycott the ones that don't.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
^^^ this.

Paintball brings out all types. Some of these types are negative. Set a good example and you will do more good than harm.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That part is being taken care of, just need more of that from others.
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
NYOG President

Find a good field bring good people play till the bills are due.... I started my group because I wanted to have a good time. I've found that good play and sportsmanship are contagious... it's just easier to get infected by douchbaggery. So when I play I always get a group of good people together and we play and have fun. Sometimes if there are some out of control Agglets and twibs we go as our own group on whatever field is empty but often when we play we get all the newbies and Joe Niceguys playing with us and the douches either shape up, leave, or play by themselves.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone