mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM
 
Legolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGELZ View Post
Did you ...uh... not see or hear the game rules?
.....God Mode? ....First Blood?
Did you not hear the teammate state "Play 'til u bleed"

Maybe you haven't played that style before... but because of your assumption... I would appreciate if you no longer pressed the play button, on any of my videos... Lol because if it CLEARLY ..lol.. states in the text, and dialogue, the rules- and you still don't get it...
I really do not want to hear what your other rants of future videos will be..
To your credit, no I did not "see or hear the game rules." On a second watch I did notice the god mode/first blood. But words flashing across a screen do not explain the rules/style of game play. I'm sure all of the video gamerz new exactly what you were talking about, though. You also call them bullies, which puts a very specific spin on the way you perceive and the way you want your audience to perceive your opponent. Then, you go and do exactly what you had just labeled as bully behavior. which makes you....

"but because of your assumption..." which was what exactly (since you would know what I'm thinking)? I assumed you were playing paintball, that is all.

there is also no clear text outlining the rules of the game you were playing (maybe there is on youtube, but not here).

oh, and you can't really tell other people not to click on you videos when you are posting them in public medium like the internet.

When you say lol are you really laughing out loud?
feel free to agree to disagree. just my .02
__________________
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 03-18-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Legolas is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry
 
Mr.Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
To your credit, no I did not "see or hear the game rules." On a second watch I did notice the god mode/first blood. But words flashing across a screen do not explain the rules/style of game play. I'm sure all of the video gamerz new exactly what you were talking about, though.

"but because of your assumption..." which was what exactly (since you would know what I'm thinking)? I assumed you were playing paintball, that is all.

there is also no clear text outlining the rules of the game you were playing (maybe there is on youtube, but not here).

oh, and you can't really tell other people not to click on you videos when you are posting them up in a public advertising them in a forum out into cyberspace.

When you say lol are you really laughing out lough?
feel free to agree to disagree. just my .02
__________________
Mr.Smith is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Active Member
 
PeaTear_Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: IL 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
T8= 100$
Extendo=60$

Too bad people think a used T8 is worth the same price they paid 2 years ago....
__________________
Current Builds: A4 Fly, Sto Mech, SFL Slider Hopefully By Legends
WTB SHOCKTECH PARTS

PeaTear_Griffin is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
TechPB-Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
MIDNIGHTANGELZ, revenge gets you no where. I can't believe you aren't mature enough to get that. The type of behavior you just depicted is exactly the negative crap that gets paintball a bad name.
wrong

20+ years of paintball, the ONLY thing that works with people who on the field, overshooting and bullying other players, is to BRUTALLY give them a taste of their own medicine.

I've dealt with them at fields all over the Tampa area. Orbital, Blitzkrieg, CFP, Gator, PSI, Gladiator, you name it, I've seen them and I've dealt with them.

Talking to them doesn't help, pulling them aside doesn't help, kicking them off the field doesn't help.

You know what does help? Showing them that paintball players will not tolerate their bullying and put it back on them.

I watch, I observe, I look for patterns. If I see a player consistently playing dirty (playing on, headshotting people when bunkering on purpose, bonus balling, talking smack and being disrespectful in the pits, overshooting newbies), when I get my chance, they're going to need some neosporin and an ice pack... possibly an ambulance cot

99% of the time, the player cleans up their act. The other 1%, they don't return. That's fine with me
__________________
Proudly rocking the most sophisticated, state of the art, highest rates of fire, most expensive, most sparkly and most accurate space dildo's ever made in paintball, hoooooooo wahhhhhh!!!
TechPB-Mike is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
wrong

20+ years of paintball, the ONLY thing that works with people who on the field, overshooting and bullying other players, is to BRUTALLY give them a taste of their own medicine.

I've dealt with them at fields all over the Tampa area. Orbital, Blitzkrieg, CFP, Gator, PSI, Gladiator, you name it, I've seen them and I've dealt with them.

Talking to them doesn't help, pulling them aside doesn't help, kicking them off the field doesn't help.

You know what does help? Showing them that paintball players will not tolerate their bullying and put it back on them.

I watch, I observe, I look for patterns. If I see a player consistently playing dirty (playing on, headshotting people when bunkering on purpose, bonus balling, talking smack and being disrespectful in the pits, overshooting newbies), when I get my chance, they're going to need some neosporin and an ice pack... possibly an ambulance cot

99% of the time, the player cleans up their act. The other 1%, they don't return. That's fine with me



If your intent is assault, why even bother with the paintball gun? Just walk over and start clubbing people you don't agree with.


Nothing helps enforce the rules like breaking them! ^5!
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 03-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.
GoatBoy is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Sicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

I too am hesitant about the video. I love your other ones. However I don't like your attitude with taking opinions. Now look at it as someone else who didn't really pay attention to the first part of the video and just wanted to see gameplay, this could be viewed very negatively. I think that if you had put a little more of a reminder after the action I would have reacted a bit more the way you would have wanted me to. As far as your reply to the previous comments, these are the fellas that want to help the sport grow. Yes looking at it again I see your point... BUT that is not a way to treat your fans, other players, and those who look up to you. I don't care if you say agh your assuming and all this other junk. Do the right thing and take criticism! By the way don't assume that we all really paid any attention to the random text at the bottom after the mr. Pistol comment. And I did not see another person talking in the video during the game as being a warning....
I have respect for you, but after that comment I lost a lot.
Sicx is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Silver Springs, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
wrong

20+ years of paintball, the ONLY thing that works with people who on the field, overshooting and bullying other players, is to BRUTALLY give them a taste of their own medicine.

I've dealt with them at fields all over the Tampa area. Orbital, Blitzkrieg, CFP, Gator, PSI, Gladiator, you name it, I've seen them and I've dealt with them.

Talking to them doesn't help, pulling them aside doesn't help, kicking them off the field doesn't help.

You know what does help? Showing them that paintball players will not tolerate their bullying and put it back on them.

I watch, I observe, I look for patterns. If I see a player consistently playing dirty (playing on, headshotting people when bunkering on purpose, bonus balling, talking smack and being disrespectful in the pits, overshooting newbies), when I get my chance, they're going to need some neosporin and an ice pack... possibly an ambulance cot

99% of the time, the player cleans up their act. The other 1%, they don't return. That's fine with me

Wow just wow Mike, I always thought you were an *** and statements such as these pretty much confirms it. I thought the "how to cheat" video was bad enough, but you keep surprising me on the amount of negativity you bring to this sport.

Midnight Angel, I enjoy your video's but this is just bad judgement on your part, all you had to do was to refuse to play with these guys and when nobody wanted to play with them, they would have taken the hint or went home, either way, problem solved.
DamoNAN is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!
 
Hawkeye20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Behind You.

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
In before the lock
__________________


Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Sicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
wrong

20+ years of paintball, the ONLY thing that works with people who on the field, overshooting and bullying other players, is to BRUTALLY give them a taste of their own medicine.

I've dealt with them at fields all over the Tampa area. Orbital, Blitzkrieg, CFP, Gator, PSI, Gladiator, you name it, I've seen them and I've dealt with them.

Talking to them doesn't help, pulling them aside doesn't help, kicking them off the field doesn't help.

You know what does help? Showing them that paintball players will not tolerate their bullying and put it back on them.

I watch, I observe, I look for patterns. If I see a player consistently playing dirty (playing on, headshotting people when bunkering on purpose, bonus balling, talking smack and being disrespectful in the pits, overshooting newbies), when I get my chance, they're going to need some neosporin and an ice pack... possibly an ambulance cot

99% of the time, the player cleans up their act. The other 1%, they don't return. That's fine with me
^^^^^^^what is this the wild west? Sounds like it could be assault and battery with a paintball gun. You have intent. You try to hurt the individual. If you succeed, assault & battery. Sorry case closed doesnt matter you both are still in the wrong.
Lol this sounds like a grade school fight. "He started it so I hit him back!"... Both sent to principals office....
Sicx is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007

I've also dealt with my share of bad players and cheaters over the years, I found the best way to deal with them is to ban them from the field. Overshooting isn't a good idea... although I will admit I've targeted those players on the field, and intentionally humiliated them by elimination with stock class markers... Which in turn got me targeted and a few of those times I really ate **** (one time I got bunkered by two such players, simultaneously, both of them shot me multiple times in the top of the head). I didn't try to overshoot em back, and I didn't lose my cool on the field. Those players were banned shortly after and never returned, and that fixed everything.

that being said, Antonio's video doesn't have anything to do with that, they were playing a game where multiple hits are encouraged until a player gives up (I've done lots of those, we call em president/terminator games). The mistake was advertising that it had to do with shooting up paintball bullies: they weren't bullies! not far as I can see, according to the rules. they lit up a player because they wanted him to give up, and then they targeted Antonio because he was the biggest threat to their survival in the game. I think everyone was just a bit confused and now we have a debate about people doing terrible things contrary to the good of the game... a bit blown out of proportion currently.

Bottom line, going back to the different perspectives in the debate: Don't try and hurt people, it's abusive. People getting hurt makes the game look bad. Pain is going to occur, no doubt about it, but none of us experienced paintball ambassador type characters should ever be trying to hurt people intentionally in the game, even if they are terrible people and don't belong on the field in the first place (if that is the case, you go talk to your buddies who run the field, and let them sort out the baddies).

Last edited by ApoC_101; 03-19-2012 at 12:25 AM.
ApoC_101 is offline  
Closed Thread

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC