mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
NYOG President

Submission Kills?

Blah I loathe them, A LOT!

I had someone get a submission kill against me the other day when we were out at open play. Then afterwards I guess he was wanting me to thank him for not shooting me? In fact he seemed angry that I fawn him with appreciation. He made it a point to say, "you're welcome" at me multiple times. At first I had no idea wtf he was talking about until he straight up said something like, "aren't you grateful I didn't light you up?"

Blah mamby pamby kids these days. I play paintball, I know I am going to get shot, I have no problem getting hit or I would have stopped playing years ago. I would have been pissed had I been bunkered and shot 6 or 8 times when it was 4-1 at the end of a rec game. But I have nothing wrong with someone sneaking behind me and 1 balling me. In fact that I respect.

But submission kills and barrel tags are more of a pain then anything else. How does he know I'm not waiting for him to get a mutual? Then when he comes around and yells he gets pissed because I one ball him before he even shoots me, so technically I'd still be in? Or does his magic words trump my paintball? Leaves so much gray area that half the time it leads to people lighting each other up at point blank range.
He seemed like a pretty nice kid I just think it's better practice to plant one on the pack, tank, or *** and be down with it. The only time I ever do barrel tags is with the wee ones.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Barrel tags are legitimate. If you're that close on an unsuspecting target, it's damn clear who wins that and avoids the possibility of physically fighting to get guns on target.

I've never heard the term "submission" before... But offering a surrender is just that, a request. I turn and shoot every time.

There's a fundamental flaw in your idea of putting one on a hard target... You're victim might not feel it, and definitely wouldn't see it... And that might also lead him to turn and shoot. You'll have to do some more thinking to resolve this in yourself.

Last edited by alpha434; 04-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Keep a PGP in a shoulder holster under your left arm to take him out next time.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

the way my field does it is plain and simple, you can yell surrender or whatever to somebody if you're within x distance, and if they go to try and shoot you, shoot their ***, or face, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

yes, i appreciate that you did not light me up from 5 feet away with a 4 second burst from your 20bps muppet mower. In fact, i am quite sure you would not be very happy now had you done so. One shot me in the pack, please.
doc Zox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Keep a PGP in a shoulder holster under your left arm to take him out next time.
heh thats a pretty good idea

ive never seen anyone get mad that i didnt thank them after they surrendered me. If i was you i would have told him to kick rocks.

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

It can sometimes be a pain in the arse but w/e. There's quite a few people that will tell you before the game, "shoot me, dont mercy me...If you say mercy, I will say no and raise my gun and shoot."

Maybe think about doing something like that. Let the people you are playing with know that you wont be mercied lightly.

For rec-ball I like the mercy rule myself, I play with people that hate it. I often do submit them without shooting.... But I make sure I do it right, there aint no mistake when I go in for a mercy kill.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
The kid sounds creepy...lol..... I would keep a closer eye on him outside of the paintball field. Might be slight mental.....

"Your'e welcome"
"Your'e welcome"
"Your'e welcome"
"Your'e welcome"
"Your'e welcome"

"arent you grateful I didnt light you up?"
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

"Surrender" rules are in place for a reason. That said, the kid seeking acknowledgement from you was out of line. He wasn't owed anything just because he followed the rules. If he really felt entitled to your gratitude, I feel sorry for him because he's doing it wrong.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
the way my field does it is plain and simple, you can yell surrender or whatever to somebody if you're within x distance, and if they go to try and shoot you, shoot their ***, or face, or whatever.
Pretty much the same at our field. At the instruction session at the beginning of the day they clearly state that surrender is not mandatory. You can run into a room and yell "bunker", but whether anyone accepts it is their choice.

Leads to a funny story once where a kid misundertood the barrel tag rule and ran into a building literally with just a barrel, yelled "bunker" and realized the flaw in his logic when everyone turned around on him realizing he was just sitting there holding a barrel in his hands. Needless to say he never made that mistake again.

The exception to this rule the field I go to has is for one building that you have to climb stairs to get to the top of. In this instance all you have to do it make it to the base of the stairs, put one foot on the bottom step and yell "bunker" and the tower is dead. They don't want people trying to run up stairs and getting lit up from above.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone