mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #151 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I have a pair of Feiyue's and will likely buy another pair. The soles did wear out fast, but they were $15 on Amazon and have good ground feel, are inconspicuous in a work environment and a cheap minimalist shoe. I don't think they would tolerate a woodsball game though. I'd imagine they wouldn't have too much grip and might tear up.

As for ankle support/military boot etc. a couple things came to mind.

Minimalist & Barefoot Shoe Guide ZERO DROP

"Roman Caligae Sandals -- Why not go really pre-modern, like nearly 2,000 years back in time. Roman legionaries often fast-marched 20 miles a day in their flat sandals while carrying heavy battle gear. An old-time British leather-maker by the name of Brian Woodward makes these distinctive sandals. Take special note of these sandals, all you toga-wearing Bay-to-Breakers runners."

For a zero drop winter shoe I have been wearing Oetzi trooper boots and I like them a lot. Oetzi3300 Troop Boot Review
I wear them without the insoles. You can feel the stitching of the neoprene boot inside up the middle of your foot but it doesn't really bother me. I recently bought a pair of their shoes, but the neoprene boot does not extend to the bottom of the shoe and they are very uncomfortable without an insole as you are basically standing on the inverse of the sole pattern.

I dragged up this old thread because I remembered seeing it a couple days ago and didn't get to read it. Since then my foot has REALLY started bothering me (I think it is Plantar Fasciitis.) I had been wearing my Doc marten shoes a lot and I'm not sure if that is what bothered my foot. I have just gone back to the Oetzi's and I'm hoping it helps. I am also now reconsidering purchasing VFF's after reading this thread. I started looking into zero drop shoes due to knee pain and it has helped greatly. I'm not sure if I want to go as radical as VFF's or if I want to go with something tamer like Vivo Ra's or something. Price is an issue though.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #152 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Not a bad list pretty out of date by this time though.

Toe Shoes, Barefoot or Minimalist Shoes, and Vibram FiveFingers Reviews, News, Forums | Birthday Shoes has a pretty good blog that talks about upcoming minimalist/barefoot shoes and reviews new ones.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I showed my wife the Spyridon's (We knew about the speed laced ones, but now there are ones like the KSO's in black with green) and the Lonta's. She told me that after we finish paying off the car, in the next couple of months, I can look at getting either or both of them.

Giggity
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #154 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #155 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Can't wait to get out and rock my Spyridons again...damn snow.

Question is...should I be getting green tights and a feathered cap to go with my to-be-shipped AirowGun?

Btw: hmmm...

Last edited by cdrinkh20; 02-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone