mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
Vibram was, and is, a shoe sole manufacturer, so just because a shoe has Vibram on the bottom doesn't mean they are minimalist style.

My Merrill hiking shoes and my ski boots both have Vibram soles.

(There is a debate between me and one of my friends as to who makes a better shoe sole, Vibram or Five Ten)

I've had vibram soles in a lot more than my five fingers. My employer spots me 2 pairs of workboots a year, and over the ten years I've been there I've noticed the vibram-soled shoes rarely squeak or get that crackly squishy feeling that some shoes develop.

I still love my kso's and soon will be getting something more winter appropriate. The kso's are perfect for my original purpose which was to be able to walk right into and out of water without concern about my footwear. They handle that with no issues, water drains quickly and they collect very little sand or gravel inside.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #62 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
I wish my workboots had vibram soles...
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I support everything vibram, seeing as all the rubber products are made in my hometown at Quabog rubber. I personally know dozens of people that work there. All of my friends have half a dozen pairs of fivefingers, some 10+ year old prototypes. I haven't heard of one pair falling apart yet. Everyone swears by them. They are great water shoes and workout shoes. Look a little weird to wear all the time in my honest opinion though.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Heavy is good.

I love my Fivefinger KSOs. It fixed my plantar faciitis
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I started wearing my KSOs 3 years ago for paintball.
They have held up admirably, but I chose to buy three more pair:
Komodo LS are my typical everyday shoe, love the feel of them, they're light weight, and the elastic laces work great.
Speeds are my other everyday shoes and they're a bit more robust than the komodos are, but still feel great.
Treksports are my new paintball/heavy duty activity shoes. After trying on the KSOTrek and not being a big fan of the kangaroo leather, the Treksport was a nice alternative.

I've played paintball in both my KSO and my Treksports. I play largely outdoors in the desert, and the Treksports do a fantastic job at protecting the bottoms of my feet from the sharp pointies that lurk in the desert.

I don't do much running, but my girlfriend runs in hers (also Komodo LS, or the Classics if the Komodos are in the wash) and she loathes running in regular shoes now.

Food for thought for you. Happy hunting and welcome to the Club!
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #66 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
I still love my kso's and soon will be getting something more winter appropriate.
Here ya go:

Yeah, I don't wear either my Classics or KSOs in the cold weather, and i think those are a bit too much. Dr Zeus, anyone? Ha ha ha!

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #67 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
Here ya go:

http://www.comfortableshoes.com/imag...b7ab1faad8.jpg

Yeah, I don't wear either my Classics or KSOs in the cold weather, and i think those are a bit too much. Dr Zeus, anyone? Ha ha ha!
These are what i wear for winter/cold weather
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

If I'm going outdoors and there's snow on the ground I already have ideal boots for that. For everything not requiring gaiters I'm thinking the spyridons may be ok, though I haven't had a chance to see what how thick their uppers are. Any mesh at all will rule them out. What about the flow? The site says they are appropriate for cold water. Might be the perfect five fingered footwear for shovelling.

Gotta love Canadians eh? Who else thinks about winter footwear purchases in july.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #69 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Spyridons arent mesh on top, but its pretty thin, breathable material (coconut fiber I believe)...and if I'm not mistaken there is some mesh on the side, midfoot.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I have Flows, and where they are really nice for winter and such is that they are water resistant. I can step into a puddle, especially one that does not seem to be one, and not get that immediate cold water between the toes feeling. Since I only pretty much wear VFF's all of the time, I have planned out a bit. Now I am just in the hunt for the right cold weather socks...
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone