mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #81 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The Fila shoes suck IMO. They just weren't executed well. I tried to like them but I just couldn't. Really the only role I could see myself using them is maybe as a gym shoe when I'm lifting.

The Vibrams are better in pretty much every regard.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #82 (permalink)
ur my sister

they are a cheaper alternative.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
they are a cheaper alternative.
Agreed, but cheaper isn't everything. They do have their place, just not with me as they don't meet my requirements of a barefoot/minimalist shoe.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
They are a cheaper alternative in that they aren't meant for you to work out, or do your trail running or anything. They are a casual shoe, which is why they have such a thick sole.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #85 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Finally have a job! Just a retail assistant manager, but I've been looking 2.5 months so I was happy to take whatever (warehouse, etc. are easy to find and pay better but I'm looking for business experience, and a manager role helps me with the various areas of a business). I'll be at the Running Room, so I can wear nearly anything I want, and run in my VFFs for the "Run Club" and stuff. My dilemma now is...my other shoes are super old and have no cushion...if I stand around in my VFFs for a long period of time my heels get sore because I don't balance my weight properly...

My dilemma is: go for the Asics I used to go for all the time (either Nimbus/Cumulus for superior cushion)....or try one of the other minimalist shoes as they will probably have more cushion than my VFFs? I think they carry the New Balance Minimus (Road), Nike Free, and one other (Mizuno...?). I'd prefer to keep my running form from my VFFs, and to keep my arches strong, but I guess I'll have to see if they have enough cushion to stand around in all day :|
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #86 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrinkh20 View Post
Finally have a job! Just a retail assistant manager, but I've been looking 2.5 months so I was happy to take whatever (warehouse, etc. are easy to find and pay better but I'm looking for business experience, and a manager role helps me with the various areas of a business). I'll be at the Running Room, so I can wear nearly anything I want, and run in my VFFs for the "Run Club" and stuff. My dilemma now is...my other shoes are super old and have no cushion...if I stand around in my VFFs for a long period of time my heels get sore because I don't balance my weight properly...

My dilemma is: go for the Asics I used to go for all the time (either Nimbus/Cumulus for superior cushion)....or try one of the other minimalist shoes as they will probably have more cushion than my VFFs? I think they carry the New Balance Minimus (Road), Nike Free, and one other (Mizuno...?). I'd prefer to keep my running form from my VFFs, and to keep my arches strong, but I guess I'll have to see if they have enough cushion to stand around in all day :|
If I am not mistaken, I believe some of the VFF models have a little more cushion. It may not be as much as you are looking for though. I recently bought the new nike free 5.0 trainers. I love these things seeing as they are the closest thing to minimalist shoes that I have owned. I hate all the nike free running shoes though.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #87 (permalink)
Phone winner.

I heard ankle support was helpful when running through the woods. You know, like over roots and rocks and stuff. I can't imagine the novelty of vibram 5 fingers being useful for any sporting activity other walking.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #88 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Once you've been wearing them, your ankles get stronger and you don't need as much support. I play woodsball (mostly rec in the desert, since I live in AZ) in my VFF also, and it was actually kind of nice, yeah there were tripping hazards, but no more than if I had been wearing regular shoes or boots.

I really like the feedback they give me to the terrain.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #89 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
I heard ankle support was helpful when running through the woods. You know, like over roots and rocks and stuff. I can't imagine the novelty of vibram 5 fingers being useful for any sporting activity other walking.
You'd be surprised. I've hurt myself far worse wearing issued combat boots in the woods than anything else. Actually, I've even hurt an ankle with VFF. The worst I've had happen is catching grass between my toes and one time I caught an exceptionally sharp rock just right. Bruised my heel slightly, but it was fine the next day.

They're way more comfortable and give better feedback as mentioned in the post above. The only drawback for me is due to how much I sweat but that's my feet not the shoe. I'm picking up a synthetic pair to remedy that for athletic uses and moving my trekLS to my casual shoe.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #90 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Deuce, my doctor recommended that I spray my feet with diluted white vinegar after I get out of the shower in the mornings to help cut down on foot odor from sweating.

I've also used tea tree oil with good success. Again, not so much with the sweating, but it helps with the odor.

I also rotate between three pairs on a weekly basis.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone