mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #111 (permalink)

I have two qualified* guns, two definites** and an honorable mention. Most of them were before HPA was common place.

*1. Automag + CO2 = freeze up.
*2. Autococker + CO2 + No one who knows how to time one = POS.
**3. Sniper 3. For those don't know, it was WORR Games' answer to the Phantom--pump wrapped AROUND the handle. Which brings me to an honorable mention:

My original Phantom. I grew up shooting and hunting with a pump shotgun. As a result, an under barrel pump feels natural to me. An around the barrel pump puts my wrist at (for me) an awkward angle. I hated the Phantom's pump. Once I bought a custom undercocking pump, it's all good.

**4. Q-loader. I tried. I really did. It just never worked right for more than 1/2 of a tube before it stopped. Then a hose would break lose and it'd suddenly work perfectly--spraying the rest of the tube all over. I even cut myself on one of the wire thingies, had to get a tetnus shot AND still kept trying to make it work.

*With the advent of HPA, I think an Automag would be just fine.

*HPA + Autococker + Someone who knows how to tune one = Mechanical Heaven. The who tuned my fully mechanical tactical autococker did such a good job people thought I was using an Eblade.
JoeJustPlainJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #112 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
That's the one, but I haven't walked a mile in the kids shoes. A wise person already said tonight that forgiveness is key. It is, and I'm over it.
Forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza.

and to stay on topic, the luxe as well.. Always seems to be in the hands of an annoying player, i.e. overshooting.
As far as using the Silver Bullet one of my first markers years ago.. wasn't even packaged with the right battery.. Nightmare for new players.

Last edited by Dono; 07-07-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #113 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
My old t2 was my most hated gun for a long time. Always having issues from dirt getting in the hammer tube. If it wasn't so muddy all the time back home it'd been great or even getting hit in the loader sometimes was enough to get it gummed up

All time most hated. Dye guns. They take too much maintenance and tinkering
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #114 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post
Forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza.

and to stay on topic, the luxe as well.. Always seems to be in the hands of an annoying player, i.e. overshooting.
As far as using the Silver Bullet one of my first markers years ago.. wasn't even packaged with the right battery.. Nightmare for new players.
Im pretty sure that the disdain for space dildos in general has little to do with the markers themselves. It has to do with the fact that they are being carried by teenagers who didn't pay for their own gear, and who don't have any trigger control. Nothing causes my blood pressure to go up more than being bonus balled by a 15 year old with a space gun. I work my tail off to be able to play, and these kids parents treat the fields as over priced weekend daycare for rug rats.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #115 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
Gun hate? Any gun being carried by a over the top fan boy assbag.
Pisses me off too. Every kid I see that plays paintball and are starting out but you can see they're obviously spoilt, 'OH I TINK IMA MOVE UP TO A [Insert high end gun here]

**A week later**
HAO DO I TURN UP TEH VELOCITY ON MAH DM12??????
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #116 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I HATE spyders... Seriously, they WON'T chrono at 280 unless you take them apart and cut the spring. You can literally take the adjuster OFF The back of the gun, and it is still shooting over 300.

And in the cold, FORGET about using a spyder, just air that bad boy up and start counting the leaks. Out the front, out the bottom, out the back... Worthless!

And of course they want ME to stop doing the chrono work and fix their brand new spyder for them...

I keep a stack of Tippmanns in my garage and just tell them to go get one of mine, and leave their spyder in their car.

So annoying.
I've had 2 Spyders..had no leaks in them whatsoever, and they both worked fine in the cold. I would take one any day over a Tippmann, especially if its a Spyder clone that Azodin makes.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #117 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I have never been real keen on electros. I don't like not being able to see the physical relationship between parts... makes it harder to fix a problem I can't see with my own eyes.

As for mechanicals: i'd say mags or palmer's semi autos. Don't know why, just never had much luck with either breed.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #118 (permalink)
Post Whore

Anything (C)Rap4,potmetal POSes,an entry level gun that will turn new players off to the game,they never work right and they're customer service sucks!!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #119 (permalink)

I can't say I hate anything, as in my 12+ years of playing, I have only ever actually played with a 68 Special, an old semi-auto rental (one of the inline blowbacks that wasn't a Tippmann back in say...98), my M98, an A-5, and my Viking.

I will say however, that I have an uneasiness towards Cockers. Back in 2000-2003 my friend got one. I played, he'd stay and tinker (And then get begged into teching someone else's marker....). Thing rarely seemed to work right.

Otherwise, I have no other experience, but I will say that I am not a fan of pretty much any current markers based on their looks alone. I can count the markers that look okay to me on one hand: Mini, Axe, and Mokal Aura

Yes. I am crazy.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #120 (permalink)
The Head Hunter

blow backs,
i hate almost all spoolys,
open class phantoms.
sm-1s
almost everything made overseas,
the list continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-I'm not just a gun whore, I own a Brothel!

So that's Madam Doc to you, sir!

Doc.
STOCKCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone