mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #121 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
'05 Alien Interceptor. Juuunk. I bought this thing straight from the website, brand new.

Body was in 2 parts, main chunk and ram housing. It was designed for easier maintenance & trouble-shooting... except it was pain in the donkey to reassemble! The manual actually says to duct tape the main body to the frame, attach the ram housing to the frame, then remove the duct tape and attach the rest of the body. WTF! And there were a ton of screws holding everything together. Threads for the ram housing were poorly milled, so the screws didn't catch well. You also had to line up the ram housing screw holes with the frame screw holes, while the body and frame were duct-taped together... ugh, what a mess.

Gun had mad trigger bounce, could never fix it. Stock board settings didn't address the problem, trigger adjustments didn't help. Plus, trigger adjustments were made in the dumbest way possible, with this weird trigger plate used, and screws only accessible through the top of the gun (or separate the frame & body), taking into consideration other companies were already making externally-adjustable triggers.

Reg recharge was erratic, which was pin-pointed to a faulty piston. Contacted the company and a tech sent me a new piston, which didn't work any better.

The owner, Jack Rice, was not at all open to advice. A former employee that also worked at my old home field (and an even older local shop) tried to share plans on improving the design, but Mr. Rice wouldn't have it. Stubborn man.

Speaking of stubborn, i wanted to return this crap to Jack Rice, since it never worked properly and was poorly designed, but he would not accept returns. Never actually investigated his return policies, but if something doesn't WORK, you'd probably want to be slightly accomodating, like offer to service it. Nope, he just said no, it's your problem.
Just had my first Alien experience and yeah I gotta agree with stupid design in terms of assembly. Thankfully it wasn't mine, I was just soldering the "great" solenoid leads back together, wires so thin it would make the Olsen twins jealous! One of my teammates loves these guns but I really think they are just trash...
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #122 (permalink)
im over-thinking this box

PMR... never worked for more then a day or two before i had to replace one o-ring or another and it was always a guessing game as to which one. Got to love some of the random o-ring sizes it used.

Autocockers are the best. A couple adjustments and they all work amazing. Maybe not the K2 ones.
Ishmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #123 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

The PPS Pyre I bought new, hands down. I describe it as a awfully made, cheap, money grab of a gun. From the wiggling pump arm secured by one screw (on a $600 dollar gun), the self destructing autotrigger, and the finger biting trigger guard, it is the biggest turd I've yet to touch to date. I didn't even want to ship it back to palmers (on my dime nonetheless). I just ditched it at $250. That's how much I hate mine.

Xvalve/Rt pro valves: Why you hate me so much? I just want to have some sweet sweet RTing I even bought the SHP reg and you still dislike me
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #124 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a love hate relationship with mags. I love the way they shoot and all but every single one I've owned has shot perfectly at home then leaked like sieve at the field usually blowing some small ring in the on/off which is a PITA to replace at the field. That's part of the reason why now since I own all WORKING markers that haven't gone down or caused issues (other than my trilly pump velocity being all over the place but I think the reg isn't quite broken in yet) I'm sticking with them and have just bought into a palmerized PG that's gettting a walnut kentucky pistol stock as we speak

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #125 (permalink)
NBA/NFL/NHL aficionado

Location: Either Arizona State University or Laguna Beach, CA

Brass N Wood Fan
****ing dragunfly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Chug some V8, then chug a little Tabasco and take a shot of vodka and you've got a ceaser. Take anything after a PBR, and all you've got is some nasty-*** PBR and whatever else you drank.
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #126 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Brass eagle crap-tor... i like the weight of them, that is the only thing...
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #127 (permalink)
Bigger Balls

Avalon GT Commando 2

Arrived new with metal shavings throughout the internal workings, tolerances were so far out of spec that it didn't operate with any reliability...and it was JABB, hard to mess that design up but they did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Smart Parts Ion.

The worst freaking thing ever to take apart. I hate it. Hate dealing with them so much.

I've rebuilt two Sandridge F5 'cockers without a hitch, but every ****ing V6 that crossed my work bench had disintegrated wiring and at least one shredded solenoid housing o-ring; not to mention the three specialty tools needed to work on the ****ers.

Last edited by Siress; 07-16-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Siress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #128 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Goblin deuce. Twice the bull***t than the solo.

Brand new. Never worked. Not a single game.
MCB
TechPB
dmercure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #129 (permalink)
MCB Member

Right feed mech cockers fail on me all of the time.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #130 (permalink)
First Mate

I am probably gonna get flamed for this, but any pre-vice intimidator. I absolutely hate the way they look. They look like dollar store plastic toys for kids.

With that said, the Vice and G6R are 2 of my favorite markers ever (having owned both, as well as a load of other high end electros).

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone