mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
ATS - it work well when it work, but it is just too finicky for me. Either the mag jam, the gun jam, or both.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
Line SI Promaster. Got in an argument on the phone with the owner of Line SI at the time after our team had sent them back twice. They ate sears like candy. At one time we kept sears with us so we could switch them between games.

NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Automags .....

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Spyders.........the few i have messed with have left my possession before even used in a game, shot in the back yard then sold/traded for near nothing. Worthless cheap egripped garb!
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Eric

Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

The Redux.
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Probably my BE Stringray II. Crap on 12'ies horrible plastic clamshell body held in place with crummy plastic pins. Worst part is I spent an additional $20 on a aftermarket barrel from BE that I thought would make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
An artist. Not an expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoForts4Me View Post
Line SI Promaster. Got in an argument on the phone with the owner of Line SI at the time after our team had sent them back twice. They ate sears like candy. At one time we kept sears with us so we could switch them between games.
Yeah. Bought mine at the '91 Masters. It was the last (available) semi in the vendors' tent when I got there. During the sale, when the SI tech walked away for a minute, a player came up to me and tried to warn me about the gun. Said his whole team got rid of them. But I just had to have a semi. And ended up with a one-speed blender. A used one-speed blender, it turned out - sold to me as a new gun.

I got the chance, a few months later, to see a VHS tape that Line SI sent out to its dealers. It featured R.A. pretty much telling dealers that any problem an owner had with the Promaster was due to the fact that the owner just didn't have a clue. If they heard something that sounded like the ocean when they put their ear up to the gun, well, "maybe it really is the ocean they're hearing - ha ha ha." Seriously.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Probably my BE Stringray II. Crap on 12'ies horrible plastic clamshell body held in place with crummy plastic pins. Worst part is I spent an additional $20 on a aftermarket barrel from BE that I thought would make it better.

Was it the black glassfiber body or the later ICE translucent plastic ones? They cheapened the construction when those were made. A very important piece of steel in the grip frame that held the sear in place properly was left out after they changed the plastic. As to crap on 12 grams... ALL SEMI-AUTOS are crap on 12 grams. You're relying on a tiny amount of co2 to both fire the ball, and recock the bolt. Anyway the original glassfiber body Stingray 1s and 2s were all but indestructible. Drive over them with a 4x4 and they still shoot well enough, and are literally the AK-47 of the paintball world (right down to the use of push pins). They certainly tolerate dirt ingress better than anything else.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
It was the black bodied stingray. I was new to paintball at the time and basically received it as a HS graduation gift ($50 from Big 5). I used 12ies on it because it had the bucket changer on the back and could not really afford a nice, large co2 bottle. To me, the marker was meh but it could have been part of my n00bness....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
As to crap on 12 grams... ALL SEMI-AUTOS are crap on 12 grams.
Yeah, but Brass Eagle sold them with 12 gram changers.

I think the only gun I double un-dig is the Goblin launchers. They're a retrofitted airsoft design, and they are barely functional for use in paintball.

The fact that everyone wants to talk about designing guns around them makes them even more annoying. Yes, lets design a gun where your points of failure are only limited by the number of cartridges you take on the field.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone